The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, ebobsboy said:

We might have bigger squad depth but that doesn't mean we have quality. I might have been misquoted but did McGlynn not say we would be going with a smaller squad but the guys off the bench would be as good if not better than those they are replacing at the start of the season? That really hasn't came to fruition at all in fact I'd say it's the other way round more quantity than quality. 

That was my recollection, add that the first few weeks were key in getting the right type of players in. 

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We know that McGlynn completely flung McCann under the bus last week which in turn, created an unbalanced and uncertain defence……but McGlynn doesn’t see it that way. If that is the case, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nesbitt and McGuffie in the starting line up, and McCann being benched against Alloa.

I'd say McGuffie is in with McCann that McGlynn doesn't rate. 

I'd reckon McGuffie will be benched on Saturday and Nesbitt will start. 

I'm still trying to get my head round McCann at right back.

I never thought I'd ask this but any word on McKay being back ?

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

We wouldn't have had to play McCann at right back or keep putting Yeats there if we could actually break the habit of seasons on end and sign a capable natural right back. Every time we sign one he's either utterly dugshite and/or injured. I mean how difficult is it.

Crazy to think we haven’t had a good right back and who is natural to that position since the Scottish cup final in 2015 

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

On Saturday I would go a front 4 of

Burrell Lawal Morrison

Alegria 

See this for me, Burrell looks more comfortable running the channels than he does being a loan striker. If McGlynn's not going to play two up top give Burrell a shot out wide to see what he can do.

On 02/09/2022 at 15:28, FFC 1876 said:

He is indeed, him or Devine from Rangers look to be the only viable options on loan from the premiership in that position but with Rangers having their bawbag colt team Devine's not really a goer.

I've asked Queen of the south fans how he looked with them last season.

He's a right back and an outstanding one for his age. Made the odd error but not many. Very fit lad, not a slight kid. Plays like he's 20 or 21, not 18 or indeed 17 as he was for the 1st half of his season with us. He played almost every week. Initially slated by most of our fans for being the manager's son and displacing Wullie Gibson (though that was intended to allow Wullie to influence games more from midfield rather than a sleight on Wullie) but after settling into the side all the criticism stopped and the fact he missed the last month of the season injured from Scotland u19 duty was a big loss for us in getting relegated.

In trying circumstances for a young boy when his dad was coming under a lot of pressure from the stands / terraces, he handled it very well and barely let it affect his performances. He also chose to stand up and be counted and stay with the club after his dad was sacked and never let his standards drop afterward. Good character. I'd be very surprised if he's allowed to come to League 1. He was potentially going to England in the summer was my understanding. If he's available to play at this level I'd be very disappointed if we didn't go back in for him to be honest.

51 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Hogarth

Yeats Donaldson Mackie McCann

McGinn Henderson

Morrison Oliver Lawal

Burrell

Would be my team for Saturday, assuming no one else is available.

Would be my team for Saturday, no matter who else is available.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Hogarth

Yeats Donaldson Mackie McCann

McGinn Henderson

Morrison Oliver Lawal

Burrell

Would be my team for Saturday, assuming no one else is available.

Main concern with above is Henderson's distribution in the middle was woeful against Dundee.

I'd personally like to see us match Alloa and play two up top and Morrison not being one of the two

51 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Main concern with above is Henderson's distribution in the middle was woeful against Dundee.

I'd personally like to see us match Alloa and play two up top and Morrison not being one of the two

We’ll need to be mindful of Sammon and Rodden though as they are scoring goals and goals breed confidence.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We’ll need to be mindful of Sammon and Rodden though as they are scoring goals and goals breed confidence.

Despite a poor match against Queens, Sean Mackie is probably the guy to deal with Sammon physically. It's certainly not Henderson at this moment in time. 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Offord managed two when Rodden went off too. I can't believe I'm saying this but if it's an open game we will have a great chance to outscore you.