The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

If you think lack of effort was a problem on Saturday, I think you should be castigating the whole team, not just the usual suspects….

Agree, whole team were very poor, but will cut slack with everyone apart from these two, who have had chance after chance to perform in the third tier of Scottish football, but decide to continually cheat us. 

So we do indeed move on. We know that McGuffie and Nesbitt will fail to deliver acceptable performances 75% of the time.

We know that Henderson is some way off being match fit, and it may take him a couple of weeks before he is anything like effective.

We know that McGlynn completely flung McCann under the bus last week which in turn, created an unbalanced and uncertain defence……but McGlynn doesn’t see it that way. If that is the case, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nesbitt and McGuffie in the starting line up, and McCann being benched against Alloa.

The real concern for me was conceding two goals to a team that up to Saturday, had only scored one goal this season.

Last Saturday, we were beaten by the league’s lowest scorers. The week, we play the league’s highest scorers. I just hope that McGlynn accepts privately that he got it badly wrong last week.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Hoping it was just McGlynn overthinking things and playing the best players for their position this Saturday.

McGlynn has his favourites he even done it with us when players were diabolical and not performing he’d still pick them every week and either refuse to bring them off or try switching positions with them and yous will see that if things start going to shit 

50 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We know that McGlynn completely flung McCann under the bus last week which in turn, created an unbalanced and uncertain defence……but McGlynn doesn’t see it that way.

He’s got history of just shoehorning players in to positions where they aren’t comfortable in and it mucks up the team confidence and how you play, if you get a McGlynn cursed injury crisis don’t be surprised if you see the likes of McGinn at CB or something 

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

He’s got history of just shoehorning players in to positions where they aren’t comfortable in and it mucks up the team confidence and how you play, if you get a McGlynn cursed injury crisis don’t be surprised if you see the likes of McGinn at CB or something 

All managers have favourites and fanny about with teams bemusing fans. Christ even guardiola did it in a champions League final. If you get results in the main you get away with it. Mcglynn still seemed to do a lot better than your latest encumbent mind you.

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

McGlynn has his favourites he even done it with us when players were diabolical and not performing he’d still pick them every week and either refuse to bring them off or try switching positions with them and yous will see that if things start going to shit 

Very worrying if true 

We wouldn't have had to play McCann at right back or keep putting Yeats there if we could actually break the habit of seasons on end and sign a capable natural right back. Every time we sign one he's either utterly dugshite and/or injured. I mean how difficult is it.

5 hours ago, Trump said:

Not the same but vibes of McGlynn changing everything to fit Henderson in with Sheerin persisting with Ruth when he signed him.

Hoping it was just McGlynn overthinking things and playing the best players for their position this Saturday.

We have a problem on the right if we are playing Morrison on the left. McGuffie so slow, Nesbitt ineffective. In saying that we would have a problem on the left if we played Morrison on the right.

I think our squad depth is greater than Dunfermline, and hoping that tells as the season goes on. But a few problem areas on the park that we need to mitigate.

We might have bigger squad depth but that doesn't mean we have quality. I might have been misquoted but did McGlynn not say we would be going with a smaller squad but the guys off the bench would be as good if not better than those they are replacing at the start of the season? That really hasn't came to fruition at all in fact I'd say it's the other way round more quantity than quality. 

Just now, ebobsboy said:

We might have bigger squad depth but that doesn't mean we have quality. I might have been misquoted but did McGlynn not say we would be going with a smaller squad but the guys off the bench would be as good if not better than those they are replacing at the start of the season? That really hasn't came to fruition at all in fact I'd say it's the other way round more quantity than quality. 

That was my recollection, add that the first few weeks were key in getting the right type of players in. 

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We know that McGlynn completely flung McCann under the bus last week which in turn, created an unbalanced and uncertain defence……but McGlynn doesn’t see it that way. If that is the case, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nesbitt and McGuffie in the starting line up, and McCann being benched against Alloa.

I'd say McGuffie is in with McCann that McGlynn doesn't rate. 

I'd reckon McGuffie will be benched on Saturday and Nesbitt will start. 

I'm still trying to get my head round McCann at right back.

I never thought I'd ask this but any word on McKay being back ?

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

We wouldn't have had to play McCann at right back or keep putting Yeats there if we could actually break the habit of seasons on end and sign a capable natural right back. Every time we sign one he's either utterly dugshite and/or injured. I mean how difficult is it.

Crazy to think we haven’t had a good right back and who is natural to that position since the Scottish cup final in 2015 

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

On Saturday I would go a front 4 of

Burrell Lawal Morrison

Alegria 

See this for me, Burrell looks more comfortable running the channels than he does being a loan striker. If McGlynn's not going to play two up top give Burrell a shot out wide to see what he can do.