The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Airdrie getting pumped shows just how strange a league it is  and QOS and the table topping Pars only attracting a gate of just over a 1000 demonstrates that full time football won’t be around for either of them for long. 

I've seen some desperate lashing out after a bad defeat, but that's some pretty wild straw clutching right there.

Problem with yesterday and Airdrie game is we allowed ourselves to get bullied once it starts like that we have no comeback unfortunately its been like that or years now in this league trouble is with players like Nesbitt and McGuffie once it goes to a battle they don't have any fight in them, 2 of them are pretty much a bit Teller ish and go anonymous when it gets scrappy.

20 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Problem with yesterday and Airdrie game is we allowed ourselves to get bullied once it starts like that we have no comeback unfortunately its been like that or years now in this league trouble is with players like Nesbitt and McGuffie once it goes to a battle they don't have any fight in them, 2 of them are pretty much a bit Teller ish and go anonymous when it gets scrappy.

The problem with us is we still have Nesbitt, McGuffie, Morrison as the mainstay of our midfield. They are exactly the same type of player when it comes to winning a midfield battle, Telfer was the same and he’s the only one gone. Morrison gets a pass from the support to a certain extent as he creates chances.

Early doors yesterday you could see McGuffie, Nesbitt and Yeats were getting bullied in midfield. Finn is a young lad who probably has a bit of filling out to do before he wins the physical battle. It goes against the grain of our support but we looked better with Hetherington in the midfield.

The tinkering of the defence didn’t help either though.

While we were on our 3 game winning streak (league), McGlynn would have been reluctant to change the team too much. After our pumping yesterday, maybe we'll see Lawal and Burrell on from the start against Alloa?

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

13 hours ago, AGPar said:

I can accept the argument that he could not get rid of everyone in one fell swoop just fine thanks. Not that I was ever advocating such a step in the first place. I happen to believe that his decision to make no substantive improvements to our attacking options despite being provided with the biggest budget in the league is a major mistake that will cost us very dearly. I thought that at the outset and I have seen nothing whatsoever to date to dissuade me from that opinion. As long as Nesbitt and McGuffie continue to be selected week after week, irrespective of form, and as long as Morrison is allowed to believe that one or two performances every couple of months is more than enough to maintain his status as an automatic first choice, we are going nowhere..

I agree with the Nesbitt, McGuffie and Morrison argument. I don’t believe he didn’t try to get better however. 
I know of two we failed to get, due to me being friendly with both of the players Dads who would have made a difference.  One signed for a club in England and the other his own club would not release him at the time so McGlynn looked elsewhere. 
I do believe once he get Lawal up to speed he is an upgrade on both Nesbitt and McGuffie

Having watched the highlights a fair few times now. I can't understand how Mackie doesn't get on the end of that Morrison cross, I can't understand how their second goes through Hogarth and I can't understand how Burrell doesn't get anything on that chance that bobbled back his way.

As far as the result yesterday goes, obviously disappointed. 
mcglyns interview told me his biggest issue was that the players never turned up with the right attitude. 
probably thought the game was a given. It wouldn’t matter what position players were put, if they don’t have the correct attitude. 
A result against Alloa and the scum will put this result to bed. 

23 minutes ago, JJeffries said:

As far as the result yesterday goes, obviously disappointed. 
mcglyns interview told me his biggest issue was that the players never turned up with the right attitude. 
probably thought the game was a given. It wouldn’t matter what position players were put, if they don’t have the correct attitude. 
A result against Alloa and the scum will put this result to bed. 

Maybe so but would you put it past them to turn in another abject performance if we did take full points from those  games. I wouldn't. If their attitude isn't right by now then the chances are at least in ie Nesbitt, McGuffie, Hetherington's case it never will be. And remember these were players that downed tools last September and continuously turned in shitebag performances on a weekly basis. 

In 2008/09 we finished 10th in Scotland’s top division whilst qualifying for European football for the first time in our history. The same season, Kelty Hearts and Edinburgh City were effectively still playing in the Junior leagues.

Yesterday, we lost to Kelty in the 3rd tier of Scottish football whilst at the same time moving below Edinburgh City in the league.

What a fucking shambles.

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

In 2008/09 we finished 10th in Scotland’s top division whilst qualifying for European football for the first time in our history. The same season, Kelty Hearts and Edinburgh City were effectively still playing in the Junior leagues.

Yesterday, we lost to Kelty in the 3rd tier of Scottish football whilst at the same time moving below Edinburgh City in the league.

What a fucking shambles.

Ken we have to try and keep perspective and an understanding that we are where we are for a reason and we deserve to be here etc etc, which is certainly the case, but when it's spelt out like that, it really is a fucking riddy. Years and years and years of mismanagement.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

44 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What a fucking shambles.

The club could do with some serious cash investment/injection. We’re going to end up like a lingering fart in a shower cubicle for the next few seasons without investment. Sorry, but for those who still think we’ll reach 1000-1500 FSS members, in my opinion not a bloody chance if we’re still serving up the utter shite like Saturdays.
Like many, thought we had made small steps in getting a team resembling winners. How bloody wrong, and although some will say it’s just a blip, yesterdays performance was typical of players that shouldn’t be anywhere near us. 

20 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The club could do with some serious cash investment/injection. We’re going to end up like a lingering fart in a shower cubicle for the next few seasons without investment. Sorry, but for those who still think we’ll reach 1000-1500 FSS members, in my opinion not a bloody chance if we’re still serving up the utter shite like Saturdays.
Like many, thought we had made small steps in getting a team resembling winners. How bloody wrong, and although some will say it’s just a blip, yesterdays performance was typical of players that shouldn’t be anywhere near us. 

Tbh I think it’s time to have a think about whether the FSS in its current form is the best way of achieving its objectives. Despite the guys involved putting in a huge amount of work, the vast majority of the fan base are just not engaging with it.

Clearly the economic situation and our on field troubles will be playing a part, but to only have 500 signed up is poor for a club our wise. Personally I think the big issue is that the model is not well understood and FSS members aren’t really getting anything tangible for their tenner a month.

I also think there is a slight issue in that FSS are theoretically there to stand up for and promote fans’ interests, but actually have close links to our larger shareholders (with all FSS Board reps being patrons etc). I’m not expecting them to publicly slate the board but their role should not be to show ‘respect’ to the board as their recent statement talked about.

I would offer the option of a share save scheme allowing people to buy shares in their own name at an affordable monthly rate. You could also look at things like prize draws etc to get engagement.