The Falkirk FC Thread

Got what we deserved today. Messing with a team and system that was finding its feet was madness and the blame has to be with McGlynn.
Don't think anyone thinks Mackie is a better LB than McCann but I'm worried we'll see Mackie starting more often than not there now Henderson is fit.
Worryingly we seemed to run out ideas completely in the 2nd half, bit of a reality check after some good performances

Got what we deserved today. Messing with a team and system that was finding its feet was madness and the blame has to be with McGlynn.
Don't think anyone thinks Mackie is a better LB than McCann but I'm worried we'll see Mackie starting more often than not there now Henderson is fit.
Worryingly we seemed to run out ideas completely in the 2nd half, bit of a reality check after some good performances
I'm raging with McCann being put there, then getting hooked. Other than how much of a shitehouse Nesbit was over a few second half incidents, I am just seething with McGlynn today. Absolutely made a c**t of it. 

Eta it concerns me that he sees McCann at LB as some sort of luxury of position to be fucked with. He is one of the most consistent performers we have for f**k sake. And somehow he finds himself not out the team, which would at least make some sense.... But completely out of position.

McGlynn has done himself a heap of damage today. For an experienced manager to do what he did will cost him a big chunk of his credibility, and deservedly so.

I don’t know if it was driven by favouritism, ego or a complete abandonment of common sense, but is really does demonstrate why he has never been considered for bigger roles. It’s back to his questionable decision making at key moments either at points in the season, or moments in games.

To then hook McCann just rubbed salt into a wound of McGlynn’s own making.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

McGlynn has done himself a heap of damage today. For an experienced manager to do what he did will cost him a big chunk of his credibility, and deservedly so.

I don’t know if it was driven by favouritism, ego or a complete abandonment of common sense, but is really does demonstrate why he has never been considered for bigger roles. It’s back to his questionable decision making at key moments either at points in the season, or moments in games.

Couple of very good points you’ve raised, audible aired concerns around me that McGlynn has a chosen few. Debatably that most of the support attending were merely pissed off, nevertheless a shocking performance. And yes I was one thinking we may have turned the corner, however todays hapless and utter shite showing from messers Nesbit & McGutless, just confirms the enormity of the job required. McGlynn got this completely wrong today and hope he’s got the balls to admit it. 

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Today stinks of last season - a goalie chucking them in, centre halves giving the ball away all day, a powderpuff midfield and no threat up front.

McGlynn is desperate to play Mackie at LB and I have no idea why. 
A team including McGuffie and Nesbitt will never compete for this league.

Just when you feel we’ve turned a corner we get hit with that. Let’s hope it was just a bad day

Holt's remnants with the exception of McCann and McKay simply have to go sadly it's going to take to season end to do it. They ultimately will let you down it's in their DNA. So today's result wasn't all that much of a surprise coming off getting beat off Dundee. It's like their confidence is absolutely shot as soon as they lose a game or even the first goal for that matter. McGlynn has to take some of the blame for team selection ofcourse but having folk like Nesbitt, McGuffie et al in your team your going to get stinking results like the one today . They aren't good enough players. Period. 

Edited by ebobsboy

23 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You do realise he was selected to be Hearts manager?

OK it didn't go too well, but he quite clearly has (had) a good name in the game. Let's hope today slaps him back into line with his thinking a bit.

It amazes me how Nesbitt seems to be untouchable. Nearly every game below par and rarely gets subbed. One positive is Lawal and Burrell were both good when they came on, that will all count for nothing if they are kept out of the 11 again next week.

Quicker PJ Morrison is back the better and might be controversial but Mackie needs dropped, find it incredible that left back is his natural position when he has no attacking qualities

12 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Holt's remnants with the exception of McCann and McKay simply have to go sadly it's going to take to season end to do it. They ultimately will let you down it's in their DNA. So today's result wasn't all that much of a surprise coming off getting beat off Dundee. It's like their confidence is absolutely shot as soon as they lose a game or even the first goal for that matter. McGlynn has to take some of the blame for team selection ofcourse but having folk like Nesbitt, McGuffie et al in your team your going to get stinking results like the one today . They aren't good enough players. Period. 

McGlynn was handed the biggest budget of any manager in the division this summer - and by some considerable margin. Had he wished not to have to rely on last season's aforementioned gutless shitebags week after week after week he certainly had the financial wherewithal to do so. That he's chosen not to make even one discernible upgrade to our final third options is on him, no-one else, as is the failure to sign a right-back who has at least a passing interest in playing some football between 3 and 4:45 on a Saturday afternoon.

Today's ridiculous act of self-sabotage I might have expected from a Rennie or Sheerin, perhaps M and and M after a tactical brainstorming session with Holt and Corzo. But not in  a million years from a manager of his experience. Massive two weeks coming up, if we emerge from them  even further adrift it's going to be another long fruitless chase of clubs vanishing into the distance. We know how that turns out. Tbh, despite the budgetary advantage, and the QOTS game apart, there hasn't been much to be enthused about so far. Six games in, a sixth of the season gone, and our start could be best described as average, nothing more. Hoped for a lot more, yet to really see it. 

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

2 goals in 2 games caused by the goalie. Very very worrying.

1 st goal he was left exposed, the second goal he got his hand to it and the bounce ended up in the back of the net.

Lawall and Burrell to start next week 

Waste of time giving the ball to Nesbit frequently lost possession, shat out of tackles, McGuffie pretty much anonymous as well.

Pretty honest feeling assessment and response from McGlynn IMO.

Its a cliche but hard work is the way to address that. I hope those players now realise they will get done if they turn up on a Saturday again thinking the games won before even warming up. 

and yes some of the dead wood still needs thinned out. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Behave. It’s one game. All the good he has done since he came in is not going to be thrown in the bin because of one incorrect selection and a real poor performance. 
He has consistently made good calls during games so far. Cut the bloke some slack FFS. 

9 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Pretty honest feeling assessment and response from McGlynn IMO.

Its a cliche but hard work is the way to address that. I hope those players now realise they will get done if they turn up on a Saturday again thinking the games won before even warming up. 

and yes some of the dead wood still needs thinned out. 

Sorry don’t agree, yes some of his assessment was more or less covering the misgivings, but his opening line should have been….changed the system and it didn’t work. Would have got much more respect. Only saving is that he’s laid out the bare truth behind the scenes, and the interview was play acting.

30 minutes ago, AGPar said:

McGlynn was handed the biggest budget of any manager in the division this summer - and by some considerable margin. Had he wished not to have to rely on last season's aforementioned gutless shitebags week after week after week he certainly had the financial wherewithal to do so. That he's chosen not to make even one discernible upgrade to our final third options is on him, no-one else, as is the failure to sign a right-back who has at least a passing interest in playing some football between 3 and 4:45 on a Saturday afternoon.

Today's ridiculous act of self-sabotage I might have expected from a Rennie or Sheerin, perhaps M and and M after a tactical brainstorming session with Holt and Corzo. But not in  a million years from a manager of his experience. Massive two weeks coming up, if we emerge from them  even further adrift it's going to be another long fruitless chase of clubs vanishing into the distance. We know how that turns out. Tbh, despite the budgetary advantage, and the QOTS game apart, there hasn't been much to be enthused about so far. Six games in, a sixth of the season gone, and our start could be best described as average, nothing more. Hoped for a lot more, yet to really see it. 

Sorry but that is rubbish. 60% of his budget was taken up but Holts dross. To clear them out would have added a heap to the budget as you are looking at paying off players Holt had on stupid money. We would not have had the money to do that. We are all aware of the projected loss this season BEFORE you think about adding more finance to clear out the dross. 
I would also wager the Dunfermline budget will be bigger. 

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Sorry don’t agree, yes some of his assessment was more or less covering the misgivings, but his opening line should have been….changed the system and it didn’t work. Would have got much more respect. Only saving is that he’s laid out the bare truth behind the scenes, and the interview was play acting.

He didn’t change the system - he moved the players about. 

Moving McCann from left-back was unforgivable; I hope he learns and never does that again, but I do worry that Mackie might be one of his favourites and he'll do whatever he can to shoehorn him in there. For all the praise Nesbitt rightfully got last week, it's really disappointing to see him revert to type too. Lawal shouldn't be too far from displacing him in the team, but again Nesbitt appears to be one of McGlynn's favourites so it's not necessarily a given. In terms of the loan market, strengthening up front is a must. As much as Alegria has proved to be a serious option, I'm still not entirely convinced a side (supposedly) challenging for the League One title can have him as their first-choice option. Burrell should get a start next week but McGlynn spoke in the week about potentially using the loan market if money allows and right-back and upfront would definitely be the two areas I'd be looking at.