The Falkirk FC Thread

Dire. That sort of performance makes me angry. 

4 changes to accommodate Henderson, who had a shocker, was crazy IMO. McGlynn got that wrong.

Players looked like they though we only need to turn up. 

They were dog shite too 

That’s on McGlynn today. Fucking ridiculous decision to put McCann to right-back and the fact he didn’t change it during the game was an absolute joke. Mackie and Henderson were absolutely stinking the place out all game but played the full 90 and McCann gets hauled off. Aye great.

Shout out to Hogarth tae for being worse than his faither. Fair play. Thought he was at fault for both goals. Second one of course me went right through him but the first he should be coming and collecting the cross then he palmed the shot right out to Cardle.

Lawal in for Nesbitt, Burrell for Alegria, Mackie back to CB and Yeats at RB is probably what I would do after that. Lawal and Burrell I feel deserve the chance to see what kind of impact they can have from the start of a game, instead of trying to influence it off the bench. The back 4 of Yeats, Donaldson, Mackie and McCann wasn't perfect (with Mackie probably the weakest link at CB), but it was a solid enough foundation for the improved performances we we were having. If Williamson isn't fit, that's what we should be reverting to.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Lawal in for Nesbitt, Burrell for Alegria, Mackie back to CB and Yeats at RB is probably what I would do after that. Lawal and Burrell I feel deserve the chance to see what kind of impact they can have from the start of a game, instead of trying to influence it off the bench. The back 4 of Yeats, Donaldson, Mackie and McCann  wasn't perfect (with Mackie probs the weakest link at CB) but it was a solid enough foundation for the improved performances we we were having. If Williamson isn't fit, that's what we should be reverting to.

I would leave MacKie out 

41 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Dreadful from us. Mcglynn will rightly take a good share of the blame- it was crazy totally changing the team when we’ve been on a good run. Putting McCann at right back is a decision on par with something Sheerin or Rennie would’ve done.

However, the players have also got to take responsibility. Mcguffie, Morrison and especially Nesbitt were back to their usual nonsense. Hogarth has cost us 2 goals in a week. Mackie offers nothing going forward. Lawal and Burrell also offered very little when they came on.

Today was a wake up call for me- a few getting a bit carried away after our recent results.

I honestly couldn’t believe why we changed from last week with the exception of McGinn.

McGlynns post match interview is important, no shite and hope he shoots from the hip. 

That's the perrenial play all day & never look like it....time to get nesbitt out that team & I'm not the only one judging by the stick he was rightfully getting from behind the goals.... disgraceful cowardly performance with no pass marks...maybe mcann ... Donaldson & especially Henderson were shaky as.....ETA....mcguffie is a total shitebag...the sort of player that rips you at the 5s until you clatter him

Edited by Hugh Hillshaveyes
Additional

Today stinks of last season - a goalie chucking them in, centre halves giving the ball away all day, a powderpuff midfield and no threat up front.

McGlynn is desperate to play Mackie at LB and I have no idea why. 
A team including McGuffie and Nesbitt will never compete for this league.

Just when you feel we’ve turned a corner we get hit with that. Let’s hope it was just a bad day

7 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Today stinks of last season - a goalie chucking them in, centre halves giving the ball away all day, a powderpuff midfield and no threat up front.

McGlynn is desperate to play Mackie at LB and I have no idea why. 
A team including McGuffie and Nesbitt will never compete for this league.

Just when you feel we’ve turned a corner we get hit with that. Let’s hope it was just a bad day

A bad day at the office? Oh here we go!

Mccann at right back exemplifies the problem we’ve had in that position really since Kieran Duffie left the club. 

I can’t understand why successive managers have continually failed to recruit someone there who is of the required standard and not constantly injured.

Edited by PedroMoutinho