The Falkirk FC Thread

Personally I think some kind of ‘share save’ scheme allowing people to actually purchase shares in the club in their own name could be quite effective at raising money.

I appreciate that part of FSS’s stated purpose is to build a block of shares that can be voted in the fans’ interests. However, I do think some people would be more willing to part with cash if they were getting something more tangible for it- i.e. shares in their name.

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Tbh, timing for this wasn’t great. Two Covid years, absolutely shite two/three seasons, with a continuing abundance of shite players, yet more BOD issues, and continued life in the third tier. 
A really good season this year would see the numbers significantly grow. 

Surely the footballing reasons are exactly the motivation fans should need to invest in order to both drive change and also help finance it. We needed a change in ownership and higher management to get out of the mess we are hopefully now starting to climb out off. 

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I think some kind of ‘share save’ scheme allowing people to actually purchase shares in the club in their own name could be quite effective at raising money.

I appreciate that part of FSS’s stated purpose is to build a block of shares that can be voted in the fans’ interests. However, I do think some people would be more willing to part with cash if they were getting something more tangible for it- i.e. shares in their name.

Shares have been made available for fans to purchase individually as well. I bought some myself. However for me it does make more sense to invest in the FSS creating a large single voting block that carries actual clout, small shareholding’s are pretty much useless in a functional sense. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Surely the footballing reasons are exactly the motivation fans should need to invest in order to both drive change and also help finance it. We needed a change in ownership and higher management to get out of the mess we are hopefully now starting to climb out off. 

I agree but a hard bloody sell as I’ve stated, after so much shite. Still think we will get greater numbers but putting a ST and tenner+ wasn’t easy after seasons of pure dismal football