The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Will there be PATG at our derby game in two weeks

There should be the option to either buy a ticket online right up to kick off and/or the usual portacabin scenario where you can buy a ticket there first then go to the gate. If all that fails you'll be able to get one in the club shop.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Speaking of the Pars game, I see on the FSS they are talking about The Elizabethan for the pre match drinks, with a capacity of 476, first come first served.

Anyone planning on attending?

Yep. Our bus is booked in. I think 3/4 buses have also booked in so far. It’s normally busy anyway with Bairns fans but great to see it’s going to be for away fans only for this game. 

I know it's early but is anyone else feeling like today's game could go a long way in shaping our season?
It will say a lot about whether we can consistently beat the teams we should in theory be beating, and not drop silly points.

As far as shaping the season goes, last week, and 2 weeks from today have more of a say for me. Last week obviously went well. But we need to be taking points off the better teams. Airdrie have already hounded us and shown that they are Dunfermline are provably fairly evenly matched. If we go to the Pars and win or even draw, it's a good sign in comparison to performance v competitors since we came into this league

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s a man’s game. No place for Tomboys.

Sports science has moved on from the abuse players got in playing with injuries Ally McGraw comes to mind.

Every player should be busting a gut to pass a fitness test if they don't should be out the door.

It's a matter of hitting a balance.

500!
We are over the moon with the news today that FSS has 500 members. That’s a fantastic start - it means we can buy around 14,000 shares in the club each month.
But we need more. As we go to Kelty today we as a club can be proud of how things are getting better. There may be the odd knock back but we think we can all agree the players and the management seem to be moving in the right direction.
If you can then please join us today. Let’s celebrate the improvements on the pitch. If you are one of the 1600 people who pay at the gate at home matches we would ask you to consider buying a season ticket and also joining FSS.
Go to www.falkirksupporters.org/subscribe and help us move onwards and upwards.

9 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:
500!
We are over the moon with the news today that FSS has 500 members. That’s a fantastic start - it means we can buy around 14,000 shares in the club each month.
But we need more. As we go to Kelty today we as a club can be proud of how things are getting better. There may be the odd knock back but we think we can all agree the players and the management seem to be moving in the right direction.
If you can then please join us today. Let’s celebrate the improvements on the pitch. If you are one of the 1600 people who pay at the gate at home matches we would ask you to consider buying a season ticket and also joining FSS.
Go to www.falkirksupporters.org/subscribe and help us move onwards and upwards.

Maybe I’m wrong but I thought we were at or around 500 for the last few months.

Ww should be a lot more by now!

39 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I thought we were at or around 500 for the last few months.

Ww should be a lot more by now!

From memory FSS got to 400 quite quickly but progress has been slow since.

Only my opinion but unless it can get to at least 1500 it won’t have enough impact quickly enough to really make a big difference. It either needs that or the 500 upping their subscriptions. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

17 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m also a little frustrated we’ve not been able to hit at least the 1000 mark, especially when looking at other fan ownership schemes at Hearts, Motherwell, Morton, St Mirren ect who all seem to have had a better response percentage wise from they’re fan bases. 

Tbh, timing for this wasn’t great. Two Covid years, absolutely shite two/three seasons, with a continuing abundance of shite players, yet more BOD issues, and continued life in the third tier. 
A really good season this year would see the numbers significantly grow. 

38 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m also a little frustrated we’ve not been able to hit at least the 1000 mark, especially when looking at other fan ownership schemes at Hearts, Motherwell, Morton, St Mirren ect who all seem to have had a better response percentage wise from they’re fan bases. 

Hearts fans had to back there's or they wouldn't have a club simple as that. Morton similar. Motherwell and st mirrens have been running for a good while now.  I'd hoped that we'd get a bigger uptake when people were buying their seasons I've got to say.