The Falkirk FC Thread

I think we can safely say we were utterly shafted by the council when the original stadium company was dissolved. It was the council's fault that that  company had failed to deliver  with them having spent their time in it dithering or blocking virtually every move to develop the site. The company wasn't financially viable to keep going so we then had the split which changed the ownership model from one where the club owned 51 percent of the ground to one where we own very little but get a 175 year free lease.  Not a good outcome in anyone's book.

What I don't get is the mono blocking the Council were given money from the Scottish Govt for to make it better for visitor parking for the kelpies, not to mention also given money for the charging points, how come you can park in front of the stadium to go to the kelpies for free but on match day we are charged for parking. Is this a council or club thing and if it is a council thing I find it a bit hypocritical to make supporters pay on match days yet not charge for using the same parking during the week.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

What I don't get is the mono blocking the Council were given money from the Scottish Govt for to make it better for visitor parking for the kelpies, not to mention also given money for the charging points, how come you can park in front of the stadium to go to the kelpies for free but on match day we are charged for parking. Is this a council or club thing and if it is a council thing I find it a bit hypocritical to make supporters pay on match days yet not charge for using the same parking during the week.

Think it's a club thing. Tickets you get have the club crest etc on them. Got to say that 4 quid to park on a bit of land that looks like the dark side of the moon is a bit steep and the yearly parking tickets I think the cash goes to the club but I've never had one.

Edited by Shodwall cat

26 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Think it's a club thing. Tickets you get have the club crest etc on them. Got to say that 4 quid to park on a bit of land that looks like the dark side of the moon is a bit steep and the yearly parking tickets I think the cash goes to the club but I've never had one.

I think it’s right we do pay for match day parking as it brings in cash & makes sense with it right on the doorstep. I do wonder if we are charged by the council for using it on match day too though so may not all be profit. 

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think we can safely say we were utterly shafted by the council when the original stadium company was dissolved. It was the council's fault that that  company had failed to deliver  with them having spent their time in it dithering or blocking virtually every move to develop the site. The company wasn't financially viable to keep going so we then had the split which changed the ownership model from one where the club owned 51 percent of the ground to one where we own very little but get a 175 year free lease.  Not a good outcome in anyone's book.

Council ran the stadium Company into the ground as you said by blocking the development and therefore the financial viability of the company. It was very telling once they owned the stadium it all was sweetness and light regarding development.

This 175 lease or whatever is no more than bondage and does not change the situation that the club has not one single asset. Together with being at the mercy of the council regarding on costs for running the facility seconding staff etc that must be a self-replenishing money fountain to them. The latest is picking up the tab for shoddy construction of the stand the club seats are on but as a leaseholder the club's liable.

The council must be pissing themselves laughing.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Council ran the stadium Company into the ground as you said by blocking the development and therefore the financial viability of the company. It was very telling once they owned the stadium it all was sweetness and light regarding development.

This 175 lease or whatever is no more than bondage and does not change the situation that the club has not one single asset. Together with being at the mercy of the council regarding on costs for running the facility seconding staff etc that must be a self-replenishing money fountain to them. The latest is picking up the tab for shoddy construction of the stand the club seats are on but as a leaseholder the club's liable.

The club are not lease holders! We own part of that stand, if the seats are fucked it’s our responsibility to sort them! End off. 

Tbf I wouldnt classify a couple of defective movement joints as shoddy construction. The main stand is nearly 20 years old and will need more and more TLC as the years progress. Given the council will have to pick up the tab for the majority of this work it may strengthen our negotiating position in the future 

I think I preferred the Aberdeen posts, those only made me poke my eyes with pins.

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Tbf I wouldnt classify a couple of defective movement joints as shoddy construction. The main stand is nearly 20 years old and will need more and more TLC as the years progress. Given the council will have to pick up the tab for the majority of this work it may strengthen our negotiating position in the future 

Anyway what's done is done regarding the stadium nothing is going to change the club is well and truly screwed. Why not sell off to the council the worthless assets in the stadium and let them stew in their own juice with the repairs and upkeep? 

Effort should now be made to decant what we can from the stadium to more cost-effective locations offices, hospitality etc.

The perfect scenario is the only time the club goes near the place is on matchday.

13 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

From my hazy recollection, I honestly think they despised everything FFC…..

There was a meeting in the Park Hotel……seriously unpleasant it was. If the plan had been to build a stadium for a Celtic feeder club, the Goldies would have backed it to the hilt.

Back then, our Council had so many hands in the till. 

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Well I contacted the Stadium Company 3 - 4 years ago and asked the question regarding what the club owned.

Was told what I posted with the addition of the changing rooms, treatment room etc.

If we do own the land under the pitch all and good pity about what the seating sits on. As it turns out FFC is picking up the tab for a badly built stand. What also stinks is the lack of clarity from the club laying out once and for all who owns what. Which leads you to wonder why the secrecy. 

26 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It is the structure underneath that leaking into the floors below that's why the seats have to be lifted

18 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Anyway what's done is done regarding the stadium nothing is going to change the club is well and truly screwed. Why not sell off to the council the worthless assets in the stadium and let them stew in their own juice with the repairs and upkeep? 

Effort should now be made to decant what we can from the stadium to more cost-effective locations offices, hospitality etc.

The perfect scenario is the only time the club goes near the place is on matchday.

Grandpa Simpson Walk In Walk Out GIFs | Tenor

57 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It is the structure underneath that leaking into the floors below that's why the seats have to be lifted

The corroding metal work the plastic seats are fixed to is what’s causing the problem! The council are spending are fortune fixing the internals, the clubs bill is minimal by comparison in replacing the seats. There’s nothing to see here, it’s yet another issue you seem to be creating out of nothing similar to your imaginary “leaking” of confidential information from the club over the summer. Can we stop the ill informed rants please.  Unless your on the wind up here your views on the ownership structure of the main stand are your opinion, the are not factual. We now all know your opinion, thankfully most seem to have a more balanced view and can see both the pro’s and cons. Regardless of this it’s well down the list of priorities facing the club right now so can we just leave it at that please! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Raith just inked Conner McBride, what was his background at Falkirk, and did you see him at QP against you last year? He’s being touted as an AM/SS, but the Queen’s Park fan(s) seems less than impressed with his time there last year.

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Raith just inked Conner McBride, what was his background at Falkirk, and did you see him at QP against you last year? He’s being touted as an AM/SS, but the Queen’s Park fan(s) seems less than impressed with his time there last year.

His Dad is an agent and the lad has had a few clubs for someone so young. 
Not really seen him TBH. Don’t think he played against us, certainly didn’t start.