The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

How did Euan Deveney do at Falkirk,  it looks like ATS and him will be fighting it out for the left back slot

We didn't really get to see much of him but of the small bits we did see he didn't look ready to play first team football which is understandable at 17, I thought he had a right good game in the game against us this season though.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ideal result would be building a fourth stand and putting everything you need for football in it.  Changing rooms, hospitality etc.

Definitely but there is a much cheaper alternative that may help save the money required for a new stand. 

Seriously, I am way to auld for wind up stuff. I can say with absolute certainty that you can write off ATS right now. He is absolutely done.

You guys have seen him play, I haven’t. Fair enough. It’s hard to really judge any Falkirk player over the last two seasons but if he’s done then he’s done. Like I said, most probably just a squad player for cover but McCabe has been particular about our signings. On a tight budget? Yes, but top of the league after a few - he’s getting things right. Hoping ATS is the next big surprise

15 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Has Telfer actually signed for anyone yet or sacked it to pursue a law career?

As far as I know, he hasn’t signed the contract offered by Airdrie. I presume he is just going to hold out for a free agent gig elsewhere. Doubtless the money being offered by Airdrie didn’t match what he was looking for.

On the subject of the stadium. What happened to all the money we got from the sale of Brockville? Was it not £4m and if so how do we have very little to show for it? 

Pretty sure we shared the costs with the council to develop the main stand using the money from the sale of Brockville to Morrisons.
Others will know the details better than me though….

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Pretty sure we shared the costs with the council to develop the main stand using the money from the sale of Brockville to Morrisons.
Others will know the details better than me though….

Thought so too but then no idea how we ended up with such a terrible deal and owning very little of the main stand. 

Thought so too but then no idea how we ended up with such a terrible deal and owning very little of the main stand. 

I’m actually not as sure it was such a terrible deal as others on here. Would we not be paying a hefty mortgage on the Main Stand if we hadn’t come to an arrangement with the council? I’m not sure.
Appreciate some other clubs have a better deal with their local council to fund their stadium, but sadly we have long been saddled with a council that - with a few exceptions as councillors, have been fronted by non advocates, if not detractors, of all things Falkirk FC.
Under the circumstances it was probably as ‘decent’ as we could get….

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m actually not as sure it was such a terrible deal as others on here. Would we not be paying a hefty mortgage on the Main Stand if we hadn’t come to an arrangement with the council? I’m not sure.
Appreciate some other clubs have a better deal with their local council to fund their stadium, but sadly we have long been saddled with a council that - with a few exceptions as councillors, have been fronted by non advocates, if not detractors, of all things Falkirk FC.
Under the circumstances it was probably as ‘decent’ as we could get….

Those in the Council Chambers at that time ie the Goldie twins of evil and their minions were certainly not going to do anything to help the club.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Ex academy striker Luke Rankin getting himself a deal with Alloa after scoring for them the other week.

Luke's a decent player. He was prolific in scoring at youth level, just as others before him such as Kevin O Hara, Scott Shepherd, Ally Graham and Thomas Grant were. He's probably at a similar standard to Scott Honeyman who we now have on loan to the Shire though I think he's a bit older. 

I'll be interested to see how his career goes from here onwards. Good luck to the lad. Except when he plays against us, obviously. 

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I would honestly have ATS in my worst Falkirk 11 of all time. Genuinely feel for the supporters of whatever club he ends up at

I think that you are being a bit naive with that sentiment. If one of our main competitors for promotion signed 11 ATS -esque type of players I would be absolutely delighted.

9 hours ago, Van_damage said:

On the subject of the stadium. What happened to all the money we got from the sale of Brockville? Was it not £4m and if so how do we have very little to show for it? 

It was a lot more than 4 million I think, remember we had 2 million debt to clear as well tho. When we originally moved to the new stadium we owned 51% of Falkirk community stadium limited which was a joint venture with the council, that was all carved up a few years ago as the stadium company was running up debts,  hence the reason we have the current convoluted ownership structure. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

FFS if you are going to spout off about things get your facts right. We own the land the pitch is on AND the land the new pitch opposite is on. 

Well I contacted the Stadium Company 3 - 4 years ago and asked the question regarding what the club owned.

Was told what I posted with the addition of the changing rooms, treatment room etc.

If we do own the land under the pitch all and good pity about what the seating sits on. As it turns out FFC is picking up the tab for a badly built stand. What also stinks is the lack of clarity from the club laying out once and for all who owns what. Which leads you to wonder why the secrecy. 

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Well I contacted the Stadium Company 3 - 4 years ago and asked the question regarding what the club owned.

Was told what I posted with the addition of the changing rooms, treatment room etc.

If we do own the land under the pitch all and good pity about what the seating sits on. As it turns out FFC is picking up the tab for a badly built stand. What also stinks is the lack of clarity from the club laying out once and for all who owns what. Which leads you to wonder why the secrecy. 

It’s a complicated ownership structure, I’ll give you that but there is no secrecy. You really seem to consistently get yourself in a state over various things that aren’t actually happening, just chill out and step away from the keyboard unless you have all the facts in future. 

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It’s a complicated ownership structure, I’ll give you that but there is no secrecy. You really seem to consistently get yourself in a state over various things that aren’t actually happening, just chill out and step away from the keyboard unless you have all the facts in future. 

I'm not taking sides in your conversation with @HopeStreetWalker but if as you say that there is no secrecy, hopefully all that is required is for HSW to drop the club an email and they will happily explain the actual situation to him to put his mind at ease, yes? Then we can put this debate to bed once and for all.

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I think that you are being a bit naive with that sentiment. If one of our main competitors for promotion signed 11 ATS -esque type of players I would be absolutely delighted.

Didnt realise he signed for Airdrie. That is some laugh