The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Not really, but the player comes with vast experience, can cover in a couple of different positions and ultimately will most likely be a squad player rather that a regular starter. We’ll see… yeah, I’m more concerned because of the absolute train wreck that you were last season and ATS was in amongst that lot but honestly - no Falkirk fan should be ready to judge since management got the best out of nobody and left some good talent rotting on the bench. We’ll see how it turns out, but not writing the player off. One things for sure, he’ll be motivated at the Falkirk stadium

Seriously, I am way to auld for wind up stuff. I can say with absolute certainty that you can write off ATS right now. He is absolutely done.

6 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Falkirk fan should be ready to judge since management got the best out of nobody and left some good talent rotting on the bench. 

Cannot argue with that really. Two complete numpties masquerading as managers leaving good talent such as Leon McCann rotting on the bench in favour of utter, utter, utter dross like "ATS" was certainly a contributory factor to us enduring one of the worst seasons in our long, 146-year history. Good luck with him anyway.

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

How did Euan Deveney do at Falkirk,  it looks like ATS and him will be fighting it out for the left back slot

We didn't really get to see much of him but of the small bits we did see he didn't look ready to play first team football which is understandable at 17, I thought he had a right good game in the game against us this season though.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ideal result would be building a fourth stand and putting everything you need for football in it.  Changing rooms, hospitality etc.

Definitely but there is a much cheaper alternative that may help save the money required for a new stand. 

Seriously, I am way to auld for wind up stuff. I can say with absolute certainty that you can write off ATS right now. He is absolutely done.

You guys have seen him play, I haven’t. Fair enough. It’s hard to really judge any Falkirk player over the last two seasons but if he’s done then he’s done. Like I said, most probably just a squad player for cover but McCabe has been particular about our signings. On a tight budget? Yes, but top of the league after a few - he’s getting things right. Hoping ATS is the next big surprise

15 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Has Telfer actually signed for anyone yet or sacked it to pursue a law career?

As far as I know, he hasn’t signed the contract offered by Airdrie. I presume he is just going to hold out for a free agent gig elsewhere. Doubtless the money being offered by Airdrie didn’t match what he was looking for.

On the subject of the stadium. What happened to all the money we got from the sale of Brockville? Was it not £4m and if so how do we have very little to show for it? 

Pretty sure we shared the costs with the council to develop the main stand using the money from the sale of Brockville to Morrisons.
Others will know the details better than me though….

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Pretty sure we shared the costs with the council to develop the main stand using the money from the sale of Brockville to Morrisons.
Others will know the details better than me though….

Thought so too but then no idea how we ended up with such a terrible deal and owning very little of the main stand. 

Thought so too but then no idea how we ended up with such a terrible deal and owning very little of the main stand. 

I’m actually not as sure it was such a terrible deal as others on here. Would we not be paying a hefty mortgage on the Main Stand if we hadn’t come to an arrangement with the council? I’m not sure.
Appreciate some other clubs have a better deal with their local council to fund their stadium, but sadly we have long been saddled with a council that - with a few exceptions as councillors, have been fronted by non advocates, if not detractors, of all things Falkirk FC.
Under the circumstances it was probably as ‘decent’ as we could get….

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m actually not as sure it was such a terrible deal as others on here. Would we not be paying a hefty mortgage on the Main Stand if we hadn’t come to an arrangement with the council? I’m not sure.
Appreciate some other clubs have a better deal with their local council to fund their stadium, but sadly we have long been saddled with a council that - with a few exceptions as councillors, have been fronted by non advocates, if not detractors, of all things Falkirk FC.
Under the circumstances it was probably as ‘decent’ as we could get….

Those in the Council Chambers at that time ie the Goldie twins of evil and their minions were certainly not going to do anything to help the club.