The Falkirk FC Thread

Just shows the difference. The Launderers pay a peppercorn rent for the stadium they play in, and it’s reduced when they play in a lower league.

They even had a senior council guy trying to engineer a sale for £1m but got cold feet when a local politician got the jail for iffy dealings.

Falkirk Council have a well earned reputation for being completely dysfunctional, so slapping a £12m valuation on TFS is pretty much par for the course. They know the price of everything, and the value of nothing.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Highly unlikely we'll manage to move anybody on this window so it looks like we'll be running with the below squad at least until January. Would have preferred another central midfielder or a right back on loan as we saw on Tuesday night how much of a hole we have in there when McGinn's out.

It's a shame we've not managed to move the likes of Sneddon, Ross, Wilson and Malcolm on as they aren't really going to get any minutes.

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison
Paddy Martin
Nicky Hogarth

Defenders
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Paul Watson
Liam Henderson
Coll Donaldson
Sean Mackie

Midfielders
Stephen Mcginn
Callumn Morrison
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross
Finn Yeats
Pearse Carroll
Kai Kennedy
Oluwasegun Lawal

Strikers
Rumarn Burrell
Gary Oliver
Juan Alegria
Jaime Wilson
Finlay Malcolm

*Bolded anyone currently injured and removed the youngsters who are already out on loan.

Finlay Malcolm……..what was that all about? For the life of me, I don’t understand why Rennie signed him, but then again, we could say a good number of his signings were questionable if not really poor.

His CV (Rennie’s) on LinkedIn is interesting. His spell at FFC is completely airbrushed out of existence. It seems he has only been running his own business since he left the gig before his spell with us. I guess it’s not surprising given it doesn’t fit with his narrative of being the master of rapid turnarounds.

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Just shows the difference. The Launderers pay a peppercorn rent for the stadium they play in, and it’s reduced when they play in a lower league.

They even had a senior council guy trying to engineer a sale for £1m but got cold feet when a local politician got the jail for iffy dealings.

Falkirk Council have a well earned reputation for being completely dysfunctional, so slapping a £12m valuation on TFS is pretty much par for the course. They know the price of everything, and the value of nothing.

Its easy money for them as in every facility management contract 200 - 300% mark up is commonplace for items as simple as a lightbulb, replacement lock, laundering of entrance mats. As for consumables, labour, heating oncosts they just state this is what we used there's the bill.

Forget this peppercorn lease be in no doubt the Council do very well out of Falkirk Football Club and can hide how much in accounts which are nonidentifiable.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Well yeah... But him playing frees up Yeats to improve out midfield, and based on what we know he is capable of, also gives us greater attacking threat down the right.

I did say I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. There is of course doubt there. Aidan Nesbitt who was very much in the same boat has been much improved in recent weeks.

A performing Williamson really improves our team though, so that's what I am hoping for.

We all hope for that not least because he came across as a really decent lad in his post match interview 

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Highly unlikely we'll manage to move anybody on this window so it looks like we'll be running with the below squad at least until January. Would have preferred another central midfielder or a right back on loan as we saw on Tuesday night how much of a hole we have in there when McGinn's out.

It's a shame we've not managed to move the likes of Sneddon, Ross, Wilson and Malcolm on as they aren't really going to get any minutes.

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison
Paddy Martin
Nicky Hogarth

Defenders
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Paul Watson
Liam Henderson
Coll Donaldson
Sean Mackie

Midfielders
Stephen Mcginn
Callumn Morrison
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross
Finn Yeats
Pearse Carroll
Kai Kennedy
Oluwasegun Lawal

Strikers
Rumarn Burrell
Gary Oliver
Juan Alegria
Jaime Wilson
Finlay Malcolm

*Bolded anyone currently injured and removed the youngsters who are already out on loan.

We’ve managed to assemble so much shite, it really would be nothing short of ridiculous to think we’ll get up, 

I must admit it's a bit disappointing that we've moved on virtually noone.  Squad must be costing a fair bit with a good percentage of it not really good enough. Certainly giving most of them game time due to injuries won't have helped . Easier to squeeze players out when they aren't in the picture.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its easy money for them as in every facility management contract 200 - 300% mark up is commonplace for items as simple as a lightbulb, replacement lock, laundering of entrance mats. As for consumables, labour, heating oncosts they just state this is what we used there's the bill.

Forget this peppercorn lease be in no doubt the Council do very well out of Falkirk Football Club and can hide how much in accounts which are nonidentifiable.

You get yourself into some lather over this. I actually think the South Stand arrangement is much poorer value for money than the main stand. The service charge isn’t too bad (or wasn’t a year or so ago) when you think all the access and facilities in there. The South Stand is expensive IMO for the return we get. 

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I must admit it's a bit disappointing that we've moved on virtually noone.  Squad must be costing a fair bit with a good percentage of it not really good enough. Certainly giving most of them game time due to injuries won't have helped . Easier to squeeze players out when they aren't in the picture.

How do you squeeze them out of a contract of employment?

16 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

How do you squeeze them out of a contract of employment?

You know fine what I mean. If they aren't in the picture at all it can be easier to move them on rather than if they are playing every week.  Seb Ross and Wilson are probably the only two that have hardly kicked a ball and the latter ain't going anywhere with a hernia.

16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You know fine what I mean. If they aren't in the picture at all it can be easier to move them on rather than if they are playing every week.  Seb Ross and Wilson are probably the only two that have hardly kicked a ball and the latter ain't going anywhere with a hernia.

But they have realistically been out of the picture for months now and must realise that they have no future at the club beyond their contract.

They are not very good players who are obviously earning more than other clubs are willing to pay them assuming that any other clubs have even shown an interest.

Only way to get rid would be to buy out their contract which would not free up any money  as you have spent it to empty them.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

But they have been out of the picture for months now.

They are not very good players who are obviously earning more than other clubs are willing to pay them assuming that any other clubs have even shown an interest.

Only way to get rid would be to buy out their contract which would not free up any money  as you have spent it to empty them.

It's not them I'm talking about though really. Noone is going to want that pair as they are simply shite.  It's the hetheringtons and mcguffies  that are still hanging about and whilst they have improved slightly they are still not good enough in my mind if you want to win this league.I'd rather we had their wages so the manager could bring in his own players. However, when they are getting good game time they arent going to be looking elsewhere. To get us competitive we've had to stretch the budget which is going to affect the cash situation especially with noone going out the door to make up for it.

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

In theory if we stopped using the function lounges, corporate and catering facilities in the main stand and only used the pitch facing seating and the changing rooms we could cut out the council altogether giving them not a penny, would be interesting to see what they done if we moved all club offices, the shop and corporate hospitality over to the south stand. The internals of the main stand would  become a bit of a white elephant for the council, not sure how feasible that actually is right enough or even if the south stand has the required facilities. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's not them I'm talking about though really. Noone is going to want that pair as they are simply shite.  It's the hetheringtons and mcguffies  that are still hanging about and whilst they have improved slightly they are still not good enough in my mind if you want to win this league.I'd rather we had their wages so the manager could bring in his own players. However, when they are getting good game time they arent going to be looking elsewhere. To get us competitive we've had to stretch the budget which is going to affect the cash situation especially with noone going out the door to make up for it.

It’s players like the two you mentioned that I mean.

No doubt on a better contract with us than any other potential club will be prepared to offer them.

The legacy of awful recruitment.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It’s players like the two you mentioned that I mean.

No doubt on a better contract with us than any other potential club will be prepared to offer them.

The legacy of awful recruitment.

Yeah we were always going to be stuck with them unfortunately. I had hoped that at least  two of  mcguffie, hetherington and nesbit would've been moved on .

17 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

In theory if we stopped using the function lounges, corporate and catering facilities in the main stand and only used the pitch facing seating and the changing rooms we could cut out the council altogether giving them not a penny, would be interesting to see what they done if we moved all club offices, the shop and corporate hospitality over to the south stand. The internals of the main stand would  become a bit of a white elephant for the council, not sure how feasible that actually is right enough or even if the south stand has the required facilities. 

Was working at Kilmarnock the other week and they’ve started installing offices and a hospitality area within one of their stands. Not sure of the cost but it’s feasible we could do the same if we had the money. We also have the benefit of a full side of the pitch that we could use. St.Mirren have installed a hospitality area using a portacabin. Again it’s something to be considered for the future that could potentially free us from council charges and make more money. 

40A23EFB-63F9-4351-8D8A-2DB7193ADB01.jpeg

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Was working at Kilmarnock the other week and they’ve started installing offices and a hospitality area within one of their stands. Not sure of the cost but it’s feasible we could do the same if we had the money. We also have the benefit of a full side of the pitch that we could use. St.Mirren have installed a hospitality area using a portacabin. Again it’s something to be considered for the future that could potentially free us from council charges and make more money. 

40A23EFB-63F9-4351-8D8A-2DB7193ADB01.jpeg

Ideal result would be building a fourth stand and putting everything you need for football in it.  Changing rooms, hospitality etc.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Unfortunately, the council owns the land so it would be built on their terms

No according to Martin ritchie we've got a full lease and have full responsibility for finishing the stadium off there in whichever way we see fit.