The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Since the Stand is owned by the Council I hope Falkirk Football Club are not putting a hand in their pocket to pay for these leaks in the stand flooring.

The stand is only partly owned by the council and the leak is coming from the pitch facing part of the stand, the club own this section so we will need to at least pay for the seats to be replaced I’d suspect. The internal work will be covered by the council. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

17 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

He’s not getting a look in so I’d really hope we’re keeping tabs on Henderson at Hearts. Would imagine a couple in the Championship would be options ahead of us though.

Boyce has done his cruciate ligament and is out for the season. Prior to that, Neilson seemed adamant that he wasn't going out on loan this season. There's no chance.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The stand is only partly owned by the council and the leak is coming from the pitch facing part of the stand, the club own this section so we will need to at least pay for the seats to be replaced I’d suspect. The internal work will be covered by the council. 

Was let to believe Falkirk just own the seats not the part of the stand they are bolted to.

Just like we own the pitch but not the land its sits on.

Another example of the club getting screwed over by this rip off of a stadium.

32 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was let to believe Falkirk just own the seats not the part of the stand they are bolted to.

Just like we own the pitch but not the land its sits on.

Another example of the club getting screwed over by this rip off of a stadium.

What you were led to believe is not accurate then. The club own all pitch facing aspects of the main stand and sections of the ground floor internals. The land covering the full area everything sits on stadium wise, pitch and all 3 stands ect is long term leased from the council at no charge. The club does pay the council service charges for using the lounges, hospitality and catering facilities inside the main stand which are all council owned. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

He’s not getting a look in so I’d really hope we’re keeping tabs on Henderson at Hearts. Would imagine a couple in the Championship would be options ahead of us though.

Unless they bring in a few strikers tomorrow I doubt he’ll go anywhere.

Yeats is fine at RB, but he isn't as good as the version of Williamson we saw in his last game.

Yeats is also the best guy to play beside McGinn.

If Williamson is prepared to show up every week, and I'm prepared to give him the same benefit of the doubt that has seen improvements from others since Airdrie when I assume McGlynn read the riot act, then starting him to allow Yeats into the middle is a no brainer

12 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

What you were led to believe is not accurate then. The club own all pitch facing aspects of the main stand and sections of the ground floor internals. The land covering the full area everything sits on stadium wise, pitch and all 3 stands ect is long term leased from the council at no charge. The club does pay the council service charges for using the lounges, hospitality and catering facilities inside the main stand which are all council owned. 

Have you ever come across a more contrived, complicated arrangement?

It's bizarre, it's absurd, it's ridiculous and those that signed up to it should be hunted.

You can be sure the council will be screwing the club for every charge thqts made. Goodness knows what margin they will put on the increasing energy charges and you can be damn sure they will.

What we do own is worthless and therefore not an asset the club can offer as security on any loans or borrowings.

It's not sustainable and does not make business sense to continue with this arrangement. The full potential of the facility can only be achieved by the club owning it together with the carpark and surrounding land.

How much to buy out the council ? Put the finance together over a long-term mortgage and get the stadium working for the club to its maximum potential. Not only will it pay the loan every month it will contribute to the financial stability and future of the club and the monies available to put the best team on the park we can.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Have you ever come across a more contrived, complicated arrangement?

It's bizarre, it's absurd, it's ridiculous and those that signed up to it should be hunted.

You can be sure the council will be screwing the club for every charge thqts made. Goodness knows what margin they will put on the increasing energy charges and you can be damn sure they will.

What we do own is worthless and therefore not an asset the club can offer as security on any loans or borrowings.

It's not sustainable and does not make business sense to continue with this arrangement. The full potential of the facility can only be achieved by the club owning it together with the carpark and surrounding land.

How much to buy out the council ? Put the finance together over a long-term mortgage and get the stadium working for the club to its maximum potential. Not only will it pay the loan every month it will contribute to the financial stability and future of the club and the monies available to put the best team on the park we can.

It’s already been mentioned that the Council have the Stadium valued at £12m.

The state of the club finances mean that they would struggle to get a mortgage on a new portakabin for the groundsman far less the Stadium.

Fantasy stuff.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeats is fine at RB, but he isn't as good as the version of Williamson we saw in his last game.

Yeats is also the best guy to play beside McGinn.

If Williamson is prepared to show up every week, and I'm prepared to give him the same benefit of the doubt that has seen improvements from others since Airdrie when I assume McGlynn read the riot act, then starting him to allow Yeats into the middle is a no brainer

Williamson was fantastic in the Peterhead game but it should be remembered that he had zero defending to do.

Once he has a great game where he makes a number of tackles then we can consider him a proper right back.

Williamson was fantastic in the Peterhead game but it should be remembered that he had zero defending to do.
Once he has a great game where he makes a number of tackles then we can consider him a proper right back.
Well yeah... But him playing frees up Yeats to improve out midfield, and based on what we know he is capable of, also gives us greater attacking threat down the right.

I did say I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. There is of course doubt there. Aidan Nesbitt who was very much in the same boat has been much improved in recent weeks.

A performing Williamson really improves our team though, so that's what I am hoping for.

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It’s already been mentioned that the Council have the Stadium valued at £12m.

The state of the club finances mean that they would struggle to get a mortgage on a new portakabin for the groundsman far less the Stadium.

Fantasy stuff.

Bloody hell ! £12m no way is it worth that. They have priced it out of the market and there is diddly squat Falkirk Football Club can do about it and the Council know it. They have played a cynical blinder with a leaseholder they know has nowhere else to go. They can charge what they want for the services, staff, running costs they back charge the club.

This will hold back the club back as it rules out ever having a physical asset. Therefore on the market near worthless.

Highly unlikely we'll manage to move anybody on this window so it looks like we'll be running with the below squad at least until January. Would have preferred another central midfielder or a right back on loan as we saw on Tuesday night how much of a hole we have in there when McGinn's out.

It's a shame we've not managed to move the likes of Sneddon, Ross, Wilson and Malcolm on as they aren't really going to get any minutes.

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison
Paddy Martin
Nicky Hogarth

Defenders
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Paul Watson
Liam Henderson
Coll Donaldson
Sean Mackie

Midfielders
Stephen Mcginn
Callumn Morrison
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross
Finn Yeats
Pearse Carroll
Kai Kennedy
Oluwasegun Lawal

Strikers
Rumarn Burrell
Gary Oliver
Juan Alegria
Jaime Wilson
Finlay Malcolm

*Bolded anyone currently injured and removed the youngsters who are already out on loan.