The Falkirk FC Thread

CE6F6180-3837-451B-8BC7-9116F630342E.thumb.jpeg.7ed2b57370a16674c66690a6dd297595.jpeg

Even when you slow it down it’s hard to say for definite that it hits Oliver’s hand but my overall feeling is that it does, which was also my feeling at the time as well from behind the goal. He raised his arms down from his side to be up in front of him which really doesn’t help his cause. On a side note, listening to Lewis Connolly at 0.25 speed is some laugh 😂

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

It says that Hetherington wasn't trusted before him which is a good thing and hopefully gets the message to him to piss off to pastures new. 

You might be right but I think it was pretty wishful hoping Henderson would slot into a role like that. Hetherington is what he is, but at least he actually plays the role. McGlynn got that one wrong IMO but don’t know if it would have changed much. Either way,  neither are Stephen McGinn. 

Edited by Just a bairn

11 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The club own the pitch but not the land it sits on.

The club own seats but not the grandstand they sit on.

The council charges the club running costs which knowing the council will be well loaded.

Goodness knows what % of administration costs gas, electricity and other service charges are.

That is money going out the club. It would be better used as being added to the mortgage payment.

Find out the value of the stadium, car park and surrounding land. Arrange funding to buy it and develop the facility not only paying the off the loan but adding to team funds. 

The Council is always girning about funds so a one off casher there's good bet they bite our hand off.

The last I saw it was in the council’s books at £12m. They have to get best value for anything they sell. If they were going to bite our hand off they would have done long ago. 

A long jaunt to come away a bit disappointed TBH.

They rarely carved us up but we did very little going forward. Poor goals to give away though. 

Despite that I Thought all our best players were in the back 4. Middle to front were disappointing. 

Clearly we have lots of work to do still but we won’t face that quality again this season and I thought we matched them for 80 minutes. 

On to Kelty where McGinn’s return will make a huge difference hopefully. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Thought we were unlucky not to get a goal in the first half which we probably edged. Our passing looked good and our forward play was decent. Alegria was doing a great job holding the ball up and bringing others into play. Thought at half time that if we kept Lyall Cameron quiet we'd do well in the rest of the game. 

Second half was a bit like the 15 minutes against queens. Couldn't seem to get the ball out our feet and our passing was really sloppy at times. The first goal comes from us Fucking about at the back creating our own pressure and Cameron latching onto the ball we gave away from a Hogarth kick. Unlike the queens game we never seemed to kick on after the goal and once the second went in it was game over.

Tell you what though, it's still really refreshing to see a manager with a set game plan and structure that everyone in the team is sticking to. Onto Kelty hearts on Saturday and hopefully we can make it 4 league wins in a row, with McGinn in for Mackie. 

9 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

For the penalty the ball seem to strike Oliver at some pace. I have no idea whether it was a handball or not however what I will say is I immediately looked at the referee. He looked to the linesman who gave nothing. No signal no movement. The referee then pointed to the spot. The fact the referee looked to the linesman tells me he wasn’t 100% sure and if he isn’t 100% sure he shouldn’t have gave it.

The refs and his assistants are mic-ed up, that's how they communicate throughout the game. 

What if he's, say, 98% sure?

Edited by printer

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Do you know this guy on LinkedIn? 😋

image.jpeg.fdd59c1ed04b3a6278af8f1022e46aa2.jpeg

LEONG SAIR YIN

Singapore

1 follower 1 connection

Next time I'll post we'll take a doing and shouldn't even bother turning up as the opposition are a shoe-in to win!

Sorry for my optimism 🙄

You must've been ecstatic you could post that when you saw the score. What a life! 

The only thing that disappointed me last night was how we lost the first goal. We were right in the game at the point and to effectively gift them a goal was infuriating (not necessarily just keeper at fault, where's the midfield showing for it, where's the decisiveness to play a pass from the defence).

42 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

No debate to be had over the Oliver red card. Stonewaller, was right behind it.

Really? From the highlights it maybe hits his hand but both his arms are held close in to his body to prevent him giving away a penalty. His arms weren't preventing the ball going into the net then. There's no way he was making his body any bigger which is why handballs are given. Not sure what players are meant to do if you get pens given for your arms being outside your normal body shape and pens given for having your arms tight into your body.  I wouldn't see it as a penalty never mind a red card.

It's hard to tell where the ball strikes him, gut reaction was its a penalty and red card but watching it a few times the ball seems to hit his upper arm which is tucked into the side of his body. 

Wouldn't waste money appealing it either as there's no guarantee we'd win. The suspension is effective in next seasons League Cup by which time he might not be our player anyway

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Next time I'll post we'll take a doing and shouldn't even bother turning up as the opposition are a shoe-in to win!

Sorry for my optimism 🙄

You must've been ecstatic you could post that when you saw the score. What a life! 

Of course not, I was as disappointed as everybody else. 

We are what we are, a top-end League 1 side. If McGlynn manages to get us promoted he will have a massive rebuild on his hands. 

Sorry for my pessimism.  realism😧

Edited by Bairn in Exile

5 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

It's hard to tell where the ball strikes him, gut reaction was its a penalty and red card but watching it a few times the ball seems to hit his upper arm which is tucked into the side of his body. 

Wouldn't waste money appealing it either as there's no guarantee we'd win. The suspension is effective in next seasons League Cup by which time he might not be our player anyway

The refs look after themselves so unless it's blatantly obvious or you're the old firm you just waste money appealing. If his arm is tucked in it should be no penalty simple as that.

7 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Of course not, I was as disappointed as everybody else. 

We are what we are, a top-end League 1 side. If McGlynn manages to get us promoted he will have a massive rebuild on his hands. 

Sorry for my pessimism. 😧

Main disappointment watching the highlights is that the goals are all avoidable. First one is a shocking kick out when we are bang in the game. Second one is a simple header from a corner. I still see us too weak at defending cross balls. We looked shaky on Saturday against crosses and that's a bad one to lose last night. The third wasn't even a pen in my book but again was caused by our failure to deal with a corner properly. Without Henderson we are once again a team full of midgets Donaldson and allegria apart.We didn't really make them work hard enough for thede goals. Different if they score worldies or we're undone by superb passing etc but we made it a bit easy for Dundee last night.

Edited by Shodwall cat

40 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Really? From the highlights it maybe hits his hand but both his arms are held close in to his body to prevent him giving away a penalty. His arms weren't preventing the ball going into the net then. There's no way he was making his body any bigger which is why handballs are given. Not sure what players are meant to do if you get pens given for your arms being outside your normal body shape and pens given for having your arms tight into your body.  I wouldn't see it as a penalty never mind a red card.

image.png.08d8d5add0416ebb79353a844f6ba2d5.png

Eye test soon is it?

That's just after  contact though when the force has twisted his body round. The balls left his body at that point. When the ball actually hits him he's square on.He's moved his body towards the ball yes and  the balls possibly come off his forearm which is tight into his chest but no penalty for me.. His arms aren't outstretched or outside his natural silhouette. If it misses his arm it's hitting his body.

Edited by Shodwall cat