The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, AdamAnt said:

Not my politics that’s for sure but there’s no denying we’ve always been viewed as a unionist club. Certainly not worth causing arguments between the fans over. 

News to me! In fact for some reason most of my rangers supporting mates have it in they’re  heads we lean the other way! 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

During the coffee king fiasco, the amount was more than that. From accounts, in 2020, £75,000 was paid…in 2021, £18,750 was paid, but the accounts were only through 31 May 2021. I also believe the amount increases yearly by a fixed formula.

There is no fixed formula, it’s whatever Sandy decides it is! He owns the bloody thing! Rumour has it he’s left it to the club in his will. 

6 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

News to me! In fact for some reason most of my rangers supporting mates have it in they’re  heads we lean the other way! 

Old firm fans think anyone that hates their side must lean towards the other. Most Falkirk fans detest both as far as I can see.

Edited by Shodwall cat

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Most Falkirk fans detest both as far as I can see.

This is definitely true but being a Unionist club has nothing to do with the OF. It just happens one of them also buys into that nonsense. So do Hearts also for example though. 

This is definitely true but being a Unionist club has nothing to do with the OF. It just happens one of them also buys into that nonsense. So do Hearts also for example though. 

Can you please do us all a favour and piss off if you are going to spout pish?…

6 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

The words “unionist club” gives me the absolute boak and it’s something I’m glad the club has never associated itself with politically. Now please stop talking utter drivel, no other Falkirk fan I know actually agrees with this nonsense.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

For gods sake our team are playing and you are banging on about a stupid flag.

Give it a bloody rest.

I think we’ve done okay tonight without really creating anything but I’m absolutely fuming at the marking for that goal. Even before the corner came in Ashcroft was standing with nae c**t near him and it was the easiest header he’ll ever have.

Carbon copy second half to Saturday with the difference being it wasn’t only a 20 min spell tonight it was the full half. Passing was particularly poor. Mackie awful again, like Saturday. Hopefully McGinn replaces him and Henderson moves to CB.

Edited by Tea and Busquets

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Couldn't make it as working but as soon as I saw hetherington coming on at one nil down I knew we'd lose by a few.

Henderson's passing was causing as much trouble tbh.

The passing mid to forward was more fluent with Lawal and Burrell on for me, it's that final ball that wasn't there.

Dundee easily better team overall, we are a big step from where they are now and I felt any genuine chance we had would've been at home.

Thought 3-0 was harsh tbh. We played ok and competed in large spells without creating much. Our passing was sloppy, which will be and was punished against a side like Dundee.

McCann was excellent for me and Alegria did pretty well given his isolated he was. The decision making from Morrison and Nesbitt was questionable at times.

Agree 3-0 was harsh, felt we competed well for a lot of the game, first goal was our own doing after a mistake by Hogarth. Never really laid a glove on Dundee though and created nothing. Felt they just looked faster and physically stronger than us. Wouldn’t single anyone out in our team as being particularly pish, just a night where we never really got going. Alegria done well but there was too much of a gap between him and the supporting midfield players. We definitely missed McGinn but glad he missed this rather than Saturdays game. We just need to get the result out of our systems and make sure we are back at it for Kelty.