The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, ClathyDave said:

Afternoon all.

I have a mate who is doing a work project on Scottish teams. He asked me if I knew what rent we pay to the council for TFS, I don’t have a scooby so I thought I would ask here. Does anyone have an idea on the figures? Cheers! 

We don't pay  rent. We pay running costs but the lease is free 

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, ClathyDave said:

Afternoon all.

I have a mate who is doing a work project on Scottish teams. He asked me if I knew what rent we pay to the council for TFS, I don’t have a scooby so I thought I would ask here. Does anyone have an idea on the figures? Cheers! 

There’s no simple answer to that question! The ownership structure is quite convoluted. We don’t pay any rent to the council, only service charges if using parts of the internal main stand which they own most of. We do pay rent for the south stand to Sandy Alexander, think it’s in the region of 60k per year. The north stand the club own and don’t pay anything for it although the land is technically owned by the council and leased back to the club at no cost, it’s the same situation with the pitch which the club own also. 

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We don't pay  rent. We pay running costs but the lease is free 

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

There’s no simple answer to that question! The ownership structure is quite convoluted. We don’t pay any rent to the council, only service charges if using parts of the internal main stand which they own most of. We do pay rent for the south stand to Sandy Alexander, think it’s in the region of 60k per year. The north stand the club own and don’t pay anything for it although the land is technically owned by the council and leased back to the club at no cost, it’s the same situation with the pitch which the club own also. 

Appreciate the responses gents!

11 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

Appreciate the responses gents!

The club own the pitch but not the land it sits on.

The club own seats but not the grandstand they sit on.

The council charges the club running costs which knowing the council will be well loaded.

Goodness knows what % of administration costs gas, electricity and other service charges are.

That is money going out the club. It would be better used as being added to the mortgage payment.

Find out the value of the stadium, car park and surrounding land. Arrange funding to buy it and develop the facility not only paying the off the loan but adding to team funds. 

The Council is always girning about funds so a one off casher there's good bet they bite our hand off.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Big difference coming on in the 72nd minute and playing from the start. 

Your either fit to play from the start or not fit to play. Let him have a run out for 60 mins to get his fitness and speed up, then hook him if he is knackered. 

I think going in on a 3 match winning run it would be hard to change it.  I appreciate its a cup game.  I think we will see pretty much the same team until subs are absolutely needed to turn the tide of a game we aren't winning (assuming no more injuries).  Then maybe he'll change it up.  

7 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

Not my politics that’s for sure but there’s no denying we’ve always been viewed as a unionist club. Certainly not worth causing arguments between the fans over. 

It absolutely is worth telling them to stop associating that rag with us.

9 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

Not my politics that’s for sure but there’s no denying we’ve always been viewed as a unionist club. Certainly not worth causing arguments between the fans over. 

There’s plenty of denying it. Get it  fucked in the bin. 

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

We do pay rent for the south stand to Sandy Alexander, think it’s in the region of 60k per year. 

During the coffee king fiasco, the amount was more than that. From accounts, in 2020, £75,000 was paid…in 2021, £18,750 was paid, but the accounts were only through 31 May 2021. I also believe the amount increases yearly by a fixed formula.

12 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Fairly happy with that unlucky not to be infront but also unlucky not to be behind. Mackie giving me the fear again. Alegria sending the defender for a pie was a massive chance for Morrison. 

Trying to get my head around “unlucky not to be behind”. That’s a proper mind bender.