The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

The online ticketing already takes care of card payment - away from the turnstile.

I am not advocating for removing a cash gate. 

If you’re happy for a cash turnstile then surely it makes sense to be able to pay by card too?

I should have bought online to be fair but buying online isn’t for everyone(which is presumably why the cash turnstile is till there) so just think it makes sense to allow card payments too considering contactless makes it as quick to process as cash. The guy in front of me in the queue at the shop also had tried to pay by card. 

Edited by Guest

I've never ever been to a football match in Scotland and been able to pay by card on the way in.  There's more than enough issues with season cards not working. Last thing you want is someone whose amex card isnt being read right. Just take cash or buy online.

Edited by Shodwall cat

The club should be looking to improve everywhere, on and off the pitch. I don't see how people could say a couple of years ago the club's a mess on the pitch and off, it look at the team, the communication and the website but now say the website is rubbish but don't worry no-one goes on it. Any cup game not covered by season and I'm on website for tickets same as a lot of fans, it is or should be a good tool for the club to use or promote itself. Any visitors to the kelpies or Falkirk area wanting to watch us would probably go on the website so it's worth getting it right.

On the pitch there's been a definite improvement and hopefully that'll carry on into tonight and Saturday.

Older lad that sits in front of me and regular away attendee was saying on Saturday him and some of his older mates who aren't  IT savy were having problems buying tickets for the likes of Bonnyrigg Edinburgh Kelty Dunfermline as its all online and no paper tickets Dundee was fine, you could get them from the shop i think he said the club was going to give them a hand to buy them and print them off.

Although not quite as old as him, its a pain in the ass to download apps and have tickets on devices, personally i always print them off.

33 minutes ago, Russ said:

Nae idea what worse that we let Sheerin and Holt have actual to spend or the fact they spend it on perennial jobber Seb Ross. Last season was some laugh ae.

Spending actual money on Seb Ross or giving Jaime Wilson a two-year contract after a trial - what’s worse?

Definitely Henderson. Hetherington has improved under McGlynn but he's still not good enough. Henderson has looked quality in his fleeting appearances so far at CB so moving him in to midfield in McGinns absence is a no brainer for me 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hetherington, purely because I don't want Henderson thrown in too soon especially with him just coming back from a hamstring injury.

Henderson came on and played his bit on Saturday. If he wasn’t fit, I don’t think they would have included him in the squad. If he is there, he has to be first choice.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

The club should be looking to improve everywhere, on and off the pitch. I don't see how people could say a couple of years ago the club's a mess on the pitch and off, it look at the team, the communication and the website but now say the website is rubbish but don't worry no-one goes on it. Any cup game not covered by season and I'm on website for tickets same as a lot of fans, it is or should be a good tool for the club to use or promote itself. Any visitors to the kelpies or Falkirk area wanting to watch us would probably go on the website so it's worth getting it right.

On the pitch there's been a definite improvement and hopefully that'll carry on into tonight and Saturday.

This for me.

I get we all want to pull together but I would think those of us that  are critiquing things are not doing it to cause division but to help the club improve in every area. 

With that in mind, I just noticed that Harry Burgoyne and Zak Rudden are no longer on advertising the hospitality! It’s good timing since he could be lining up against us tonight. It’s good to see the club are listening. Long may it continue and let’s hope the next picture of Rudden on the site will be him on the losing side after tonight! 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

5 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

To f**k with the arguments over the website - who owns this dog and how do I get to pet it on match days?

And does it have a FFS shirt on?

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 08.49.59.png

5 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

To the last question, yes it does and it's gorgeous. I noticed it on Saturday. 

fans (canine).jpg

If that isn't the best argument for the white shorts/white socks argument, then I don't know what is?🤷‍♂️

Put it in the current full kit & nobody would have noticed it!😂🤣😂

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

Henderson came on and played his bit on Saturday. If he wasn’t fit, I don’t think they would have included him in the squad. If he is there, he has to be first choice.

Big difference coming on in the 72nd minute and playing from the start. 

Afternoon all.

I have a mate who is doing a work project on Scottish teams. He asked me if I knew what rent we pay to the council for TFS, I don’t have a scooby so I thought I would ask here. Does anyone have an idea on the figures? Cheers!