The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Surely something to consider then as I barely carry cash these days and sure I’m not the only one. See buskers with card machines now and the wee stall outside the stadium had one so must be pretty viable to include one at the turnstiles? 

Totally agree yeah. Hopefully being looked at 👍🏼

38 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

WIth '700+' sold as of this evening and the club shop opening early tomorrow until 4pm, I'd like to think we'd perhaps hit around the 900 mark. We're some fucking bunch, eh? #crowdwank 

Dundee fans saying their will be a PATG option tomorrow too but doesn’t seem to be communicated yet.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would be ideal if we could move the likes of Ross, Wilson and Sneddon on before the window closes to give us some room if a bit of quality became available on loan later in September. 

I doubt if their combined wages would pay for one leg of a quality signing.

30 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I doubt if their combined wages would pay for one leg of a quality signing.

Sheerin paid a fee for Ross and he relocated so won’t be on buttons 

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Rawlins / Patrons investment. We also took a 50k bounce back loan 

Thanks, trying to get my head round from the reported +800K last season, with the added external investment ie Rawlings/Patrons and the now reported anticipated losses of 300/400K. 

44 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Thanks, trying to get my head round from the reported +800K last season, with the added external investment ie Rawlings/Patrons and the now reported anticipated losses of 300/400K. 

Last year the club also had cash reserves which I presume are now used up partly covering the previous years loss. The projected loss this year is much smaller but will still have to be funded somehow. The BOD seem to have a target based plan to close the funding gap but everybody needs to be pulling in the same direction to make it happen, fans need to come out in good numbers and also the uptake in the FSS needs to grow. The team doing well bringing in prize money via cup competition and increased revenue from regular crowds which are higher than originally budgeted for obviously helps chip away at it as well. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

One thing that was a bit frustrating was I couldn’t pay by card at the turnstile. My fault for turning up late but waited in the queue then had to go to the shop to buy a ticket which was busy so missed the first 7 minutes. 

Would have to disagree with this one - Option to buy online and download to your device removes the need for payment at the turnstiles. 

I think you potentially introduce a bottleneck if you allow card payment at the point of entry.

59 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Last year the club also had cash reserves which I presume are now used up partly covering the previous years loss. The projected loss this year is much smaller but will still have to be funded somehow. The BOD seem to have a target based plan to close the funding gap but everybody needs to be pulling in the same direction to make it happen, fans need to come out in good numbers and also the uptake in the FSS needs to grow. The team doing well bringing in prize money via cup competition and increased revenue from regular crowds which are higher than originally budgeted for obviously helps chip away at it as well. 

Thanks 

51 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

To f**k with the arguments over the website - who owns this dog and how do I get to pet it on match days?

And does it have a FFS shirt on?

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 08.49.59.png

Incredible.

”Please everyone stop talking about the mess we’re making of things and look at this cute dog”

It’s bloody worked too. 

83431B18-C6DD-4211-8344-517B10511260.gif

45 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Would have to disagree with this one - Option to buy online and download to your device removes the need for payment at the turnstiles. 

I think you potentially introduce a bottleneck if you allow card payment at the point of entry.

But there is a cash gate so would it not be better to include card payment as it takes as much time to do as deal with cash or are you suggesting do away with a cash turnstile? 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

But there is a cash gate so would it not be better to include card payment as it takes as much time to do as deal with cash or are you suggesting do away with a cash turnstile? 

The online ticketing already takes care of card payment - away from the turnstile.

I am not advocating for removing a cash gate. 

2 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

To f**k with the arguments over the website - who owns this dog and how do I get to pet it on match days?

And does it have a FFS shirt on?

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 08.49.59.png

Ah For Fucks Sake shirt?  He's obviously been watching us for a while then.

Edited by Shodwall cat