The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

It doesnt matter what you personally look at or if the analytics suggest otherwise or not. The website is the public face of the club and should be updated and accurate at all times. Full stop !

It's been a mess for ages and its still a mess.

FFS sake I agree it should be updated. My point is that the younger generation tend to get their info differently. SM drives content 

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No. As I live down south I tend to plan my trips in advance 

Why look at the website then!? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Agree with BPM most people online go straight to social media nowadays for information however the website does need to be up to date and accurate. It is an issue the club need to address all be it a very very minor one. 

I disagree with that regarding information as if you want to find out information social media is harder to access it as you have to scroll through a lot of irrelevant posts. The website should be the best source for information with news, fixtures, tickets etc

Also a sizeable amount of the fan base  won’t be on social media. 

10 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I disagree with that regarding information as if you want to find out information social media is harder to access it as you have to scroll through a lot of irrelevant posts. The website should be the best source for information with news, fixtures, tickets etc

I’ll take your word for it, I’m no marketing expert but as previously suggested I’d also have presumed the analytics would point to social media as being frequented far more regularly as a source of information than official websites. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’ll take your word for it, I’m no marketing expert but as previously suggested I’d also have presumed the analytics would point to social media as being frequented far more regularly as a source of information than official websites. 

I couldn’t tell you the first thing about analytics so not sure if it can say to what purpose social media is frequented. I just know that for myself personally and others I know that if there is specific information I want to know then I’d look at the website first. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

18 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Completely missed my point. 

The website should be 100% accurate and better than it is if info is missing or incorrect.

My point is that the SM channels drive people to the content. That is where I would suggest most fans get their info from. I would think most people are on SM of some sort if they are visiting websites. I know a little about analytics and you can see very clearly how your website traffic is driven 

Edited by Back Post Misses

9 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The problem is that the club wants you to go to the website, whether it’s to buy tickets, hospitality or merchandise. If you are going to put out info on the public domain, the least it should be is up to date and accurate. Just about every page has an issue …I couldn’t buy a ticket last week, matches missing, player profiles wrong, contact people wrong, 1876 club not updated since April. It’s a disaster which reflects badly on the club and our main sponsor.

Edited by Zbairn

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I couldn’t tell you the first thing about analytics so not sure if it can say to what purpose social media is frequented. I just know that for myself personally and others I know that if there is specific information I want to know then I’d look at the website first. 

That may be the case for you personally but doubt it’s the case in a broader sense, for me I can’t remember the last time I looked at the club website. 

2 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

The problem is that the club wants you to go to the website, whether it’s to buy tickets, hospitality or merchandise. If you are going to put out info on the public domain, the least it should be is up to date and accurate. Just about every page has an issue …I couldn’t buy a ticket last week, matches missing, player profiles wrong, contact people wrong, 1876 club not updated since April. It’s a disaster which reflects badly on the club and our main sponsor.

Don’t think anyone is disagreeing with the fact that the website content should be improved. My point is that I am not convinced that as many fans as you think rely on it. That is not an excuse for it to be poorly maintained though

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Completely missed my point. 

The website should be 100% accurate and better than it is if info is missing or incorrect.

My point is that the SM channels drive people to the content. That is where I would suggest most fans get their info from. I would think most people are on SM of some sort if they are visiting websites. 

I get your point as agree the website should be accurate. 

Also not disagreeing that SM channels do drive people to content but the point I’m making is that not everyone sees every post by the club and not everyone is on social media. I know plenty who don’t use Twitter or Facebook and some of those who have an account rarely go on it. 

If I want information I go to the website first as do others I know. You don’t want to trawl through posts of stuff to find the information you need, you go straight to the website. 

Can we get back to talking about the football please. 

Back to the match on Saturday. I spent the whole of half time in a queue that when I joined at the half time whistle had no more than 15 people in it. It’s a shambles and needs sorted!

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That may be the case for you personally but doubt it’s the case in a broader sense, for me I can’t remember the last time I looked at the club website. 

I’m not denying that’s the case but honestly, where would you go if you wanted to…

Check our results

Check the upcoming fixtures

Buy a ticket

See what players shirts are available for sponsoring

Think about buying hospitality

And then consider if you weren’t on social media where would you go to check out the latest news? 

Our fans man, brutal!! 

Seen there was a load of new posts since this morning, get excited thinking there was some sort of news - just a couple of egos flinging their hand bags at each other over something trivial!

Can we not just enjoy a wee bit of good form and look forward to the upcoming games for a change?

Edited by some_guy

I can concede there has been small improvements in our online offerings since the issues were highlighted.

However, there still appears to be room-for-improvement and the cosmetic changes that happened to the main site  the last time the topic was raised haven't totally addressed the underlying deficiencies.

Having emailed the club and got an informative email back from JS, it's an area they want(ed) to improve and have to a degree but some of the basics are still lacking and I still hope the club will go further on that front.

As for analytics re SM engagement I'd argue it's not as simple as it appears to be being presented. 

Twitter has a character limit (and the club are actually pretty good at linking back to the main site for long-form content) so that is driving traffic back. The gripe is then that the rest of the site isn't maintained as well so you frustrate the user when they look for something else and don't find it.

I don't have a FB account so for users like me I can't see anything and instead would rely on the main site.

Other considerations are the club owns the content of the site (posts/images etc) and you remove the reliance on the tech giants to a degree - if for some reason the club got banned, services went down globally or they changed their access model (no free tiers) as unlikely as those events seem.

Realise the last time this topic blew up on here it got a little OTT. Fundamentally we all want improvement off AND on the pitch (and it's doesn't have to be a perceived negative to strive for that).

Edited by Blame Me

Agree with BPM most people online go straight to social media nowadays for information however the website does need to be up to date and accurate. It is an issue the club need to address all be it a very very minor one. 
Agree. If we are linked with a player i always go to the other clubs website for info so i suppose its the same for other teams. I get most of my info from our social media( imagine an auld duffer like me even using it! ) but a club resource needs to be at least adequate. Not losing any sleep but there must be a volunteer who could make it their pet project

I don’t really get the debate over the significance of the club website at the moment. Its really quite simple.
It’s the clubs OFFICIAL website and should be the single source of the most current and up to date information as well as the single source of truth surrounding the club. Right now it isn’t.
I had real issues trying to work out how to get a ticket for the Edinburgh City game and I’m fortunate enough to have been able to work out how to get an away ticket for Kelty Hearts this coming Saturday. I bought mine over the weekend but I wouldn’t be surprised if there are quite a lot of our support who don’t know that tickets are currently available.
It simply isn’t good enough at the moment.
It was agreed that we need to communicate better with our fan base now we have a new board in place.
I’m still waiting……

I don’t really get the debate over the significance of the club website at the moment. Its really quite simple.
It’s the clubs OFFICIAL website and should be the single source of the most current and up to date information as well as the single source of truth surrounding the club. Right now it isn’t.
I had real issues trying to work out how to get a ticket for the Edinburgh City game and I’m fortunate enough to have been able to work out how to get an away ticket for Kelty Hearts this coming Saturday. I bought mine over the weekend but I wouldn’t be surprised if there are quite a lot of our support who don’t know that tickets are currently available.
It simply isn’t good enough at the moment.
It was agreed that we need to communicate better with our fan base now we have a new board in place.
I’m still waiting……
I looked for Kelty tickets the other day and couldn't find them. Please do enlighten me