The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Its common sense just to clear the bookings unless it's a red card so everyone starts at the same level surely.

No, because if you get booked in games 1 and 2 you have to miss game 3, but if you get booked game 2 and 4, you get to dodge punishment? Nah.

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No, because if you get booked in games 1 and 2 you have to miss game 3, but if you get booked game 2 and 4, you get to dodge punishment? Nah.

It's the same for everyone at that stage. If you then wipe the bookings it's the same for all teams at the second stage and a level playing field once again instead of clubs who already have the advantage of getting a free pass get even more of a benefit.

27 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Looking like the next seven/eight or so games will shape our season. 

Dundee A - Kelty A - Alloa H - Scum A - Clyde H - Phead A - Montrose A - Kelty H.

No they won’t.

The season has barely started.

Long, long way to go with many twists and turns to come.

27 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Hopefully McGlynn rotates the squad a bit on Tuesday to give a few of the younger guys a game. It would be good to see more minutes from Carroll, Lawal & Burrell

I don’t necessarily disagree with the logic of this, but I also feel it’s a semi-decent chance to progress and make a bit more money with a decent tie. It’s also versus Dundee. f**k Dundee. 

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

That is quite a statement to make and would probably have fans of other clubs calling us Billy Big Baws.

Ayr are sitting top of the league above us having scored 10 goals. We are sitting 3rd in the 3rd tier having scored 10 goals.

1 Ayr United 5 1 2 0 5 3 2 0 0 5 3 4 11
3 Falkirk 5 2 1 0 6 2 1 0 1 3 4 3 10

IMO there is very little difference in the quality of the teams in the top half of L1 compared to all of the championship

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

The rules say caution totals revert to zero after the first round.

Screenshot_20220829-122142_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

It’s not the Betfred Cup, that sponsorship ended last year. It’s the Premier Sports Cup now. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

No they won’t.

The season has barely started.

Long, long way to go with many twists and turns to come.

I’d settle for being in touch come January and Mcglynn being allowed to strengthen the squad for a title push! 

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sorry to be moaning after such a great weekend but surely someone within the club could update the website.

Recent results have not been reflected on the Fixture list nor is the Dundee fixture even shown.

We also don’t show our Team members despite having such a section available.

This is very poor for a club our size and reflects badly on our sponsors, Crunchy Carrots.

Please FFC.

Its a fair comment. Quite a few issues with the website, both in terms of consistency and errors.

I've always made the point that this is the public face of FFC and the first place people go for info on the club.  As an example look at Gary Olivers player profile. If the club want you to sponsor a player they should at least get the info right. Quite a few players dont have a profile up yet.  This is only one example of how we get it wrong. There are more !!!

19 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Its a fair comment. Quite a few issues with the website, both in terms of consistency and errors.

I've always made the point that this is the public face of FFC and the first place people go for info on the club.  As an example look at Gary Olivers player profile. If the club want you to sponsor a player they should at least get the info right. Quite a few players dont have a profile up yet.  This is only one example of how we get it wrong. There are more !!!

It maybe for you but 100% the ONLY time I ever look at the website is looking at the fixtures and planning to attend games. All other club info I pick up from the various SM feeds. I concede and agree it should be accurate but I think you will find website traffic is SM driven. The analytics I would guess would confirm this. 

It’s a shambles that the website hasn’t been sorted. It may not be the first port of call for the friends of the board but it will be a for a lot of fans. The club have been aware of this for weeks and weeks. Amateur hour stuff still plaguing the club. 

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with the logic of this, but I also feel it’s a semi-decent chance to progress and make a bit more money with a decent tie. It’s also versus Dundee. f**k Dundee. 

I don't think we're losing much starting the likes of lawal though anyway might even find we're better.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

It maybe for you but 100% the ONLY time I ever look at the website is looking at the fixtures and planning to attend games. All other club info I pick up from the various SM feeds. I concede and agree it should be accurate but I think you will find website traffic is SM driven. The analytics I would guess would confirm this. 

It doesnt matter what you personally look at or if the analytics suggest otherwise or not. The website is the public face of the club and should be updated and accurate at all times. Full stop !

It's been a mess for ages and its still a mess.

I look at other teams websites to check on their squads.

Usually they are bang up to date.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Is it not a case in point that you look at the fixture list when you’re planning to attend when there are fixtures missing such as tomorrow night vs Dundee? 

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

I look at other teams websites to check on their squads.

Usually they are bang up to date.

First of all I said it should be up to date. But you miss my point. Website traffic is driven via SM and that’s where most people get their info from 

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Is it not a case in point that you look at the fixture list when you’re planning to attend when there are fixtures missing such as tomorrow night vs Dundee? 

No. As I live down south I tend to plan my trips in advance