The Falkirk FC Thread

I love Leon McCann. He works his arse off, gives us another dimension going forward and is nowhere near as poor defensively as some on here make out. It's also clear that he just gets it, too. A few more wins and he'll be thumping the badge and I for one shall be fucking lapping it up.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Must admit to not being overly fussed about Tuesday. If we lose, I won’t be overly bothered, and if we win, I will be pleasantly surprised.

For me, it’s all about the league. 

Be a huge financial boost to win. 

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

True, but I will be content with a good performance and no injuries.

Fans shouldn’t dismiss the importance of winning financially. Another chunk of cash qualifying and a possible bumper draw in the last 8 would help massively 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fans shouldn’t dismiss the importance of winning financially. Another chunk of cash qualifying and a possible bumper draw in the last 8 would help massively 

Of course it would and I hope that happens but keeping the momentum going in the league is priority in my (non commercial) view.

27 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Of course it would and I hope that happens but keeping the momentum going in the league is priority in my (non commercial) view.

Could a win on Tuesday coupled with lucrative draw v one of Old Firm mean an extra player as well as plugging planned deficit

17 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Given we had 4 potential starters in Williamson, McKay, Watson & Kennedy still out missing & to return to match day squad does that spell the end for Sneddon, , Wilson & Ross 

Wilson not even on the bench yesterday so hopefully he’s one to leave.

39 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Given we had 4 potential starters in Williamson, McKay, Watson & Kennedy still out missing & to return to match day squad does that spell the end for Sneddon, , Wilson & Ross 

Tbh I wouldn’t have Watson as a starter. I didn’t particularly rate him during his first spell and we now imo have at least 3 better options in that position.

And a win this week would also mean further minimum prize money of £80k (if we lost a QF tie) plus a likely TV date in the next round, especially if we avoid the lower Premiership/Championship clubs. 

£50k if we exit on Tuesday night. 

29 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Plus half the gate I'd assume. Average it out at £10 for every punter you're looking at £15K of a 3000 gate?

Hardly a massive amount but it chips away at that £400k back hole.

If we got through then there is also the potential for a 6 figure some if we got a draw away to one of the Old Firm. 

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I wouldn’t have Watson as a starter. I didn’t particularly rate him during his first spell and we now imo have at least 3 better options in that position.

Watson can play right back though so he could potentially offer a more defensive option than Williamson who needs an injury free run

10 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

He is an aok option giving you 6 or 7s performances weekly and when he came in last season he started well and got dragged down to the level of others giving 5s or less. I wasn't gutted when he left I and  think he'd struggle to move our current first choice centre halves tbh who are more capable of better than Watson. A decent squad player now than a first choice of last season for me.

we have a surplus of centre halves when everyone is fit before Watson is fit, like Watson though it's handy some can cover various positions

17 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Beating Dundee would be massive (if difficult) but no-one has mentioned it yet but regular home gates of near 4,000 mean around there are 1600 walk ins at between £11 and £18 (so let's say £14) that is around £22,000 per game plus food income. That is around £400,000 a year. 

It is not enough to cover the projected losses but it is a huge improvement and helps any short term issues of cashflow.

Be great if we could get it over 4,000 regularly.

12 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Beating Dundee would be massive (if difficult) but no-one has mentioned it yet but regular home gates of near 4,000 mean around there are 1600 walk ins at between £11 and £18 (so let's say £14) that is around £22,000 per game plus food income. That is around £400,000 a year. 

It is not enough to cover the projected losses but it is a huge improvement and helps any short term issues of cashflow.

Be great if we could get it over 4,000 regularly.

I'll be amazed frankly if we get anywhere near through this season without having to get soft loans from somewhere. Beating Dundee and getting either of the old firm away though would make a massive difference.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'll be amazed frankly if we get anywhere near through this season without having to get soft loans from somewhere. Beating Dundee and getting either of the old firm away though would make a massive difference.

On the subject of Dundee. Watched the televised game on Friday night and would say we have more than a chance. 

We play very similarly to Ayr (Alegria performing the Akinyemi role) and perhaps have a wee bit more threat in attack than they do so I would be confident facing them but they are at home so have the advantage.

It's winnable.

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

On the subject of Dundee. Watched the televised game on Friday night and would say we have more than a chance. 

We play very similarly to Ayr (Alegria performing the Akinyemi role) and perhaps have a wee bit more threat in attack than they do so I would be confident facing them but they are at home so have the advantage.

It's winnable.

McGinn’s suspension could be a huge factor as he has been immense in that holding role plus his clear leadership on the park.

Will be interesting to see who is his replacement 🤔