The Falkirk FC Thread

Was pleasing on the eye yesterday !  McCann was man of the match for me.  

I posted some time ago that him and Morrison on the left hand side will pose problems for teams when we are going forwards. As indicated above, he has some leap for a wee man and gets stuck in. His problem (if it is a problem) is getting stuck up the park if and when the opposing team counter attacks fast.....but that's what the holding midfielder is for and a game reading CH, to cover for him. Had to love the fact at one point he went on a mazy and ended up at outside right. 

Another thing is that we now have options up front on how McGlynn might want to play. Alegria to hold the ball up or Lawall/Burell to run at players. 

With Henderson back we have cover for defence / midfield. 

My only concern is right back...but I think Yeats is actually making that his own position. He is a cracking footballer and reads the game so well. Although Williamson had a blinder last time out at Westfield, I still think he can't tackle or defend properly.

Lastly, a shout out for Pearse Carrol. Only a cameo appearance yesterday but he looks like a footballer..... great control, head up, picks a pass. I don't think he will be with us for long once he gets a few games under his belt. 

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Maybe we should try and beat Kelty and Alloa before we start worrying about who plays where against Dunfermline, eh? Don't want to get ahead of ourselves.

No

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

Looks a stonewaller

Probably is in modern football. You only need a wee tap these days and it seems to be ok to fall down and claim a penalty. I preferred it in the days when the contact actually had to be enough to knock you off your feet for it to be a foul or a penalty 

Still feel the size of our team without Henderson in it may cause us a few issues. Yesterday we still looked a bit shaky under cross balls but then apart from Donaldson and allegria we aren't exactly giants. Henderson helps a lot in that area.  Heard corzo was away by the way not sure why or where though 

Leon McCann has finally been given an opportunity after being criminally and consistently overlooked by last season's pair of absolute numpties. He's in a good run of form. Despite taking a dull one just prior to half-time yesterday he completed the full 90 minutes and turned in another excellent performance. So now the shouts are for him for be dropped for a game three weeks away by those just choking to say "Told You So"

Desperate, desperate stuff. Sad. 

12 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Well done guys, up to 3rd place in Lesgue One above Edinburgh City and Montrose 😂

This is the league you guys belong in. You’re a joke club. 

I won’t red dot you. I will just allow my heart to pump custard for you as you struggle to control your straw clutching neediness…….bless your cotton socks.

I did detect a wee *sob* in your post, but let’s not dwell on it. You’re a big boy now.

Must admit to not being overly fussed about Tuesday. If we lose, I won’t be overly bothered, and if we win, I will be pleasantly surprised.

For me, it’s all about the league. 

59 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Still feel the size of our team without Henderson in it may cause us a few issues. Yesterday we still looked a bit shaky under cross balls but then apart from Donaldson and allegria we aren't exactly giants. Henderson helps a lot in that area.  Heard corzo was away by the way not sure why or where though 

Far cry from Dave Clarke's team of 6ft+ giants.

Was the biggest Falkirk side I have ever seen

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Must admit to not being overly fussed about Tuesday. If we lose, I won’t be overly bothered, and if we win, I will be pleasantly surprised.

For me, it’s all about the league. 

Whilst I agree, it’s a good chance for us. They aren’t in the best form whilst we’re in form. Will be interesting. 

FWIW, I don’t want to see Mackie at LB again unless for injuries. 

29 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Definitely happy to see Henderson come into the team in place of Mackie who’s been great but McCann can’t be dropped at the moment. 

I know a way that we could get all 3 in the team. :)

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Excuse my ignorance but who’s corzo?

48 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We now look to have cover for every position but if we are to make another signing I would like us to bring in a right back to enable the laddie Yeats to move into the midfield.

Although it’s difficult to single out any player in what was our best teams performance in maybe two years, Yeats covered every space, his reading of the game/anticipation is excellent and looks so comfortable. Great performance by the young lad. Agree about Carroll, once he gets strength and first team fitness, he’ll be a player.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Although it’s difficult to single out any player in what was our best teams performance in maybe two years, Yeats covered every space, his reading of the game/anticipation is excellent and looks so comfortable. Great performance by the young lad. Agree about Carroll, once he gets strength and first team fitness, he’ll be a player.

As was mentioned earlier when McCann fancied a wee turn at outside right late in the game Yeats went across and covered for him.

Reads the game superbly well for such an inexperienced player.

Anyone who accuses McCann of being weak defensively or poor in the air is doing so purely on his height rather than his performances. He’s got some leap and times his jumps very well and actually wins more in the air than he loses.