The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Well done guys, up to 3rd place in Lesgue One above Edinburgh City and Montrose 😂

This is the league you guys belong in. You’re a joke club. 

The fact you've felt the need to come on a fishing trip down here on a Saturday night after your own teams just won speaks volumes.

Captain nae pals.

Thought we absolutely bossed the game, was a penalty and gave them a chance which tbh didn’t come to much. Three excellent goals, and thought M&S got the team/tactics/subs spot on. Not one failure, and with M&S relentlessly at any player for losing a ball, or not tracking players, what a difference in the players application, endeavour, and desire.

Yes, it’s only a few games in, but what a difference around the stadium at full time, never seen so many happy faces 🥳

Anyone else thinking the crowd was more?

Edited by Springfield

9 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Over the moon Alegria got his goal today as he's been getting unwarranted stick on here left right and centre when in reality his performances have been decent. Also really liked his post match interview talking about just continuing to work hard and the rest will follow.

I wasn't able to make the game today but it's the first time in god knows how long I've not been shitting my pants at 2-1, I had faith in the team we now have to go on and win the game as opposed to capitulating and losing it.

One point off the top with the scum still to play, COYB!

I can't believe that would ever happen.

10 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Well done guys, up to 3rd place in Lesgue One above Edinburgh City and Montrose 😂

This is the league you guys belong in. You’re a joke club. 

Aye we are a joke team pal. Your team has had a good result and seem to be doing well. Yet you find the time to visit our page and leave a comment like that, think the joke is on you ya walloper.

Btw still got the Celtic shop at your place? Think that is more of a joke tbh

Its what I thought from the KM7 at the time. A lazy leg stuck out that didn't need to be. Regardless of the strength of the contact, Mackie has been absolutely suckered into it and can't complain.

I really hope Williamson is back next week. Mackie has been quality, but he's less good at CH than Henderson and less good at LB than McCann. If Mackie and McGuffie drop out next week for Williamson and Henderson you will probably be looking at our best 11 for the first time (notwithstanding Kennedy who I haven't seen/know little about)

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its what I thought from the KM7 at the time. A lazy leg stuck out that didn't need to be. Regardless of the strength of the contact, Mackie has been absolutely suckered into it and can't complain.

I really hope Williamson is back next week. Mackie has been quality, but he's less good at CH than Henderson and less good at LB than McCann. If Mackie and McGuffie drop out next week for Williamson and Henderson you will probably be looking at our best 11 for the first time (notwithstanding Kennedy who I haven't seen/know little about)

Still think MacKie is better defensively than McCann but McCann has the jersey and been excellent the last three games. 
Still worries me if the Fife long ball merchants target him on the 17th. By all accounts yesterday it was long balls and long throws all afternoon

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Still think MacKie is better defensively than McCann but McCann has the jersey and been excellent the last three games. 
Still worries me if the Fife long ball merchants target him on the 17th. By all accounts yesterday it was long balls and long throws all afternoon

Yep, McCann has played well recently but I’d have Mackie at left back all day long at east end.

7 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Maybe Mackie is better defensively than McCann at LB but that doesn’t stop him hoofing random passes to nobody, which he has a habit of doing. I like Mackie but he was poor yesterday. 

Didn’t want to say, especially after the really pleasing team performance, but you’ve got it spot on with Mackie, love his passion and would go through a brick wall to win a tackle, but probably his poorest game. McCann has simply grabbed his chance and agree he’s played superbly since given the LB slot.

56 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Maybe we should try and beat Kelty and Alloa before we start worrying about who plays where against Dunfermline, eh? Don't want to get ahead of ourselves.