The Falkirk FC Thread

Third happy Saturday night on the bounce, long may it continue! 🍺. Airdrie game aside, a great start to the John McGlynn era through the cup group stage & the league campaign.

Subs were perfectly timed today & all made a difference to how we started that 2nd half. 

Bring on Dundee in the cup! 

5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Third happy Saturday night on the bounce, long may it continue! 🍺. Airdrie game aside, a great start to the John McGlynn era through the cup group stage & the league campaign.

Subs were perfectly timed today & all made a difference to how we started that 2nd half. 

The McG lynn factor he will drag Falkirk kicking and screaming to the playoffs,   it won't be pretty though...

24 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Pretty sure the subs were ready to come on when the penalty was awarded.

We were really struggling at that point to get out from the bit, but when they came on they absolutely owned the game.

18 minutes ago, Passionate said:

The McG lynn factor he will drag Falkirk kicking and screaming to the playoffs,   it won't be pretty though...

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

To be fair it was pretty today.

Yeah, we are playing some decent stuff. No long ball/percentages patter.

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye although bit concerning that he can't tell the difference between nesbitt and burrell.😂

Colour blind……….that’s a huge plus nowadays.

Another impressive aspect for me is not his undoubted success in bringing in players better than what we have seen in the recent past, but his man management in getting performances out of a few who were pretty much written off last season.

Nesbitt, McKay and McCann have all made contributions and performances miles ahead of anything they gave us last season. That cannot simply be down to them being being “terrible”. A huge component in that has to be how they were managed last season. I think it’s fairly obvious that McGlynn possesses man management skills miles ahead of last season’s two coaches.

Over the moon Alegria got his goal today as he's been getting unwarranted stick on here left right and centre when in reality his performances have been decent. Also really liked his post match interview talking about just continuing to work hard and the rest will follow.

I wasn't able to make the game today but it's the first time in god knows how long I've not been shitting my pants at 2-1, I had faith in the team we now have to go on and win the game as opposed to capitulating and losing it.

One point off the top with the scum still to play, COYB!

25 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Another impressive aspect for me is not his undoubted success in bringing in players better than what we have seen in the recent past, but his man management in getting performances out of a few who were pretty much written off last season.

Nesbitt, McKay and McCann have all made contributions and performances miles ahead of anything they gave us last season. That cannot simply be down to them being being “terrible”. A huge component in that has to be how they were managed last season. I think it’s fairly obvious that McGlynn possesses man management skills miles ahead of last season’s two coaches.

Three! 😬

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I’ve been saying that for years now, there’s a good reason why a lot of players we’ve had on our books go on to play in divisions above after being written off whilst with us. I know the previous board blamed it on them raising their game against us but that was nonsense, they played well most weeks because they were in a team that was better assembled and better coached. Mcglynn and smith have definitely instilled a better mentality along with actual shape and tactics along with some quality additions like McGinn.

We've all been complaining about Morrison's decision making but there was nothing wrong with his thought process for his goal, he was all on his own with 3 Queens players closing in on him so he let rip and scored a belter. Mind you, he's a greedy bugger so it was probably the only thing on his mind! 😋

Also, I love Sky Sports Football's description of Lawal's goal:

Goal! Falkirk 3, Queen of the South 1. Oluwasegun Lawal (Falkirk) header from very close range to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Aidan Nesbitt.

Nothing like underselling your product, eh?