The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Also more than happy to eat humble pie about Alegria.  Looked a different player today. Hold up play & movement great, but the real diff for me he's stronger - holding off & turning defenders, dragging them out to make space... he was really impressive today.  Good as Morrison's strike was - and it was a belter - Alegria totally made it.

Cult player in the making... 

I think he would like the idea 

Just feels so strange after all this time to enjoy Saturday nights again. I’m not getting ahead of myself and I know there’s a long way to go but we now look like we are getting a squad together that will battle for each other, creates chances and has players that can score goals.
Its a good feeling and I like it [emoji16]
It does appear to be slowly morphing into a cohesive team with shape and discipline, and an actual plan to attack. Strange times indeed.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Am I the only one that’s starting to fall in love with this team? After years of utter shite we’ve finally got a whole load of extremely likeable players.

Steady, let’s not get carried away…….yet. Maybe if we hump the scum I will join the love in. 

On the subject of Nesbitt, I thought he was his usual powder puff self and lacking conviction in his game. Until he moved to the right where he was like a new player, purpose and direction culminating in the cross for the goal.

First game I have enjoyed in a very long time. Feels good.

Excellent performance today.  3 quality goals and some lovely football played. Only slight criticism was we took a wee bit long to get our subs on second half and let them back in the game but the subs when they did come on certainly gave us a lift.  Big man up front was superb first half and as has been said McCann looks a different player. Must help having two competent centre backs inside you to give you the confidence to push forward mind you.  Brilliant day at the office though.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

Am I the only one that’s starting to fall in love with this team? After years of utter shite we’ve finally got a whole load of extremely likeable players.

Nope I’m the same, there are folk in this team that it’s easy to fall in love with. McGinn is a f*cking Rolls Royce of a player, Coll Donaldson is as calm as buggery at the back, Finn Yeats is a dream find and for once despite what we have been told by other teams fans Alegria looks like he can lead the line for us. We also now have quality off the bench as well, it’s early doors but McGlynn and Smith seem to be pointing us towards the right direction.

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Excellent performance today.  3 quality goals and some lovely football played. Only slight criticism was we took a wee bit long to get our subs on second half and let them back in the game but the subs when they did come on certainly gave us a lift.  Big man up front was superb first half and as has been said McCann looks a different player. Must help having two competent centre backs inside you to give you the confidence to push forward mind you.  Brilliant day at the office though.

kw.jpg.e856d9d149caa4e4c44402878e6174a7.jpg

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Nope I’m the same, there are folk in this team that it’s easy to fall in love with. McGinn is a f*cking Rolls Royce of a player, Coll Donaldson is as calm as buggery at the back, Finn Yeats is a dream find and for once despite what we have been told by other teams fans Alegria looks like he can lead the line for us. We also now have quality off the bench as well, it’s early doors but McGlynn and Smith seem to be pointing us towards the right direction.

Mind you, Q o S were poor.

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Morrison is Playing with so much confidence just now. The difference in him from a few weeks ago is frightening 

The main thing for me is he’s working hard, not just doing the show pony stuff.

On 06/08/2022 at 19:53, johnnydun said:

Hey mate, just thought I would pop in and say hi!

I'm still waiting for you to pass us on the way up. Taking your time like.

Hi I’m doing well wee man, 9 goals in 3 games and 1 point off top. 

I saw you were getting bullied last night and reacting badly to your wee man tag. Your misery must’ve been compiled today when you see Falkirk won comfortably. I hope you’re ok!

That was outstanding. Apart from the 15 minutes or so at the start of the second half it was complete domination. We went through a spell fearing where goals would come from and now I feel we will score with every attack. Could easily have scored 5+ again today for the third game in a row. I’m glad McCann managed to continue he’s such a great player and gives us so much going forward. Already said my opinion on Alegria. Too many on here wrote him off simply due to what Partick fans said. Some players suit certain teams etc and the fact he’s still young and will continue to learn. I honestly think he’s such a vital part of the way we attack. McGinn, what more can I say? He’s utter immense. He’s everywhere and a real leader. Donaldson is another one that looks a class signing. Can’t get too carried away as being typical Falkirk we’ll probably lose to Kelty next week but grounds for optimism. Consistency will be key.