The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, MetalWolf said:

Did anyone ask if he can play right back in case Williamsons still injured?  I'm assuming he'll be able to motor up and down the wing, drive the team forward... crossing should be a cinch for him.... (sorry!) 

Quick to get it in before somebody put the brakes on? I know, it's exhausting, but we've bought anycar.com, over the last 5 years.

chewing-the-fat-scottish-comedy.gif

Edited by kiddy

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fair enough, thought it was surprising if current.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure it matters when it was, our pitch is on its last legs and driving cars (plural by the way) onto it doesn't seem the best idea to me. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

To be honest I'm not entirely sure it matters when it was, our pitch is on its last legs and driving cars (plural by the way) onto it doesn't seem the best idea to me. 

You're going to go ape when you discover they likely drive a tractor over it a couple of times a week 🚜

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

You're going to go ape when you discover they likely drive a tractor over it a couple of times a week 🚜

If it's necessary for maintenance etc then fine, and it is likely a mini tractor to brush the turf, but driving a number used cars onto the pitch so some X factor reject can ask a few football players if they're ready for the season and what their favourite food is, when we've heard so much complaining about the surface seems a bit daft to me.

12 minutes ago, Rugster said:

If it's necessary for maintenance etc then fine, and it is likely a mini tractor to brush the turf, but driving a number used cars onto the pitch so some X factor reject can ask a few football players if they're ready for the season and what their favourite food is, when we've heard so much complaining about the surface seems a bit daft to me.

Don’t think you know much/anything about artificial surfaces. Driving cars onto it won’t make a jot of difference. We had about 10k people on the pitch in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Don’t think you know much/anything about artificial surfaces. Driving cars onto it won’t make a jot of difference. We had about 10k people on the pitch in the summer. 

Aye this is definitely less damaging than a couple of cars.

87ACB81B-9770-480A-8A79-0AAB06173DB8.jpeg

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

With protective steel laid on the park first, yes.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Technology and materials have moved on a lot since ours was put down.

Hybrid synthetic/grass seems to be the way ahead the Hearts surface looked good for example

The club should have what they want already decided and be in the tender process.

If they haven't then forget next closed season for getting it done.

Am I not right in thinking that part of the pitch hire money was supposed to have been ring fenced so that the pitch could be replaced after it was past its best?

No clear mention of it here but Douglas McIntyre does speak of a business model which I’m sure included putting aside money for it. 

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/falkirk-go-for-plastic-pitch.html