The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Brockvillenomore

My thoughts are the previous board started off with best intentions, decent folk from my brief dealings, but totally unsuited to the role or the challenge.

Then COVID hit and they operated in a bubble and an echo chamber where they trundled along without challenge or scrutiny.

They never understood the support and when things started to go wrong they couldn’t live with the pressure or the expectation.

Their first reaction was to adopt a siege mentality that unravelled at the Q and A where their illusion of control and status crashed and burned in front of their saviours, the Rawlins. 

After that it was a busted flush and they undoubtedly compounded their earlier mistakes by making even more, as the fallout from the Q and A crushed and humiliated them. 

None of us will know the impact that had on them but I’d guess it wasn’t going to make for balanced or rational decisions.  

Mistakes shouldn’t define people. We need to be bigger than that. 

After the AGM, when the extent of their folly will be there for all to see, we need a draw a line under it, learn the lessons and move on. 

43 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

In my case, it was 100% malicious. The only upside was it exposed just how unprofessional and vile two of them could be. To then deploy their “frightener” in order to add a bit of legal waffle was just the cherry on the cake as he was even more incompetent than his employers.

It won’t be forgotten any time soon.

This 

4 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Let me rephrase that …..some on the Board acted in a malicious manner. Better?

You said none of them should be near the club again. I assume you mean some of them then? 

On 21/03/2022 at 15:21, Back Post Misses said:

We have to have a bloody plan, your mates never had one. It is the idiotic policies of the past that has ruined us.
You and a few others have backed the previous regime and are now clearly digging the new guys. It is the mess of your mates that is needing cleared up. 

Having pressed for meaningful change for 12 years I am happy to be patient for the new Board to rebuild this wreck of a football club. 

On 26/03/2022 at 17:42, Back Post Misses said:

The fans were sold a lot of nonsense from the previous regime that we were going to start producing first team players again after about 5 minutes. 

On 04/07/2022 at 18:25, Back Post Misses said:

As I have said before looking for us to fail so the previous regime are not shown up too much. 

On 27/03/2022 at 07:17, Back Post Misses said:

Let’s not beat about the bush, you are either close to some of the previous regime, close to someone who left recently or are one of them. Your nose is out of joint and you can’t accept there is a new broom. Don’t kid people on it is about the club it is about ego, status and power. 

“Time to move on”

Hilarious coming for the poster who can’t keep harping on about the previous regime. 

6 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

“Time to move on”

Hilarious coming for the poster who can’t keep harping on about the previous regime. 

Some clearly not ready to 

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You said none of them should be near the club again. I assume you mean some of them then? 

I think it’s fairly clear in my reply to you. “Some of the Board acted in a malicious manner”. I think that kind of implies “some” but “not all”.…….or at least I hope that is the case.

I don’t think it fair to just say to people to move on if they have a serious grievance. 

I get that pressure can make people act in ways they don’t normally. We all do! However that doesn’t make us unaccountable for our actions or make it unnecessary to explain and apologise for them. 

Also the situation with regards to the CI and then me personally happened 6 months before the Q and A when the club was ‘trending for promotion’ (thanks to the great work of Gary Deans!). That didn’t stop them acting in the manner they did though.

10 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I don’t think it fair to just say to people to move on if they have a serious grievance. 

I get that pressure can make people act in ways they don’t normally. We all do! However that doesn’t make us unaccountable for our actions or make it unnecessary to explain and apologise for them. 

Also the situation with regards to the CI and then me personally happened 6 months before the Q and A when the club was ‘trending for promotion’ (thanks to the great work of Gary Deans!). That didn’t stop them acting in the manner they did though.

What happened to you ?

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What happened to you ?

For the sake of moving on the conversation it’s probably best not to describe here. Said a bit at the time on the CI pages. 

Just wanted to let that person know that it hasn’t been forgotten when re-emerging back on something affiliated with the club. Hopefully no ideas to regain a position in to the club and using the WDHS podcast again as a platform to do that. 

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

For the sake of moving on the conversation it’s probably best not to describe here. Said a bit at the time on the CI pages. 

Just wanted to let that person know that it hasn’t been forgotten when re-emerging back on something affiliated with the club. Hopefully no ideas to regain a position in to the club and using the WDHS podcast again as a platform to do that. 

@Grangemouth Bairn seems keen to know so why not PM him?

6 hours ago, Van_damage said:

WDH is no more affiliated to the club than Falkirk Daft is it? 

17 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

So many good memories over the years and my favorite fixture. Just shows you can have a rivalry without the religious and political baggage. 

While there's no religious or political baggage some of the behaviour by both sets of fans over the years has been howling. 

41 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

While there's no religious or political baggage some of the behaviour by both sets of fans over the years has been howling. 

Yeah I agree. I used to work with a couple of Pars fans and we had some great banter without it ever getting out of hand. I think an element of both teams fans have took things too far over the years and sadly it will probably happen again at some point 😩

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

WDH is no more affiliated to the club than Falkirk Daft is it? 

Think you understood what I meant.  

Not sure why you want to denounce any misgivings I or others have about previous incumbents. You did the same with the ‘Not a Question’ t-shirts that raised money for charity. Tried to dissuade others from buying as you didn’t want to make light of it. Thought that was fair enough but then just a matter of weeks later laughing about the same sentence being on a Christmas Card! 

Anyway you know what happened so if you don’t think myself or DF has been maliciously treated and has any reason to be bothered about certain people appearing on things about the club then fine. 

I presume if you do want to move on then that will mean you’ll equally decry myself or anyone who once again mentions the mess the old board has left us in? 

Edited by Guest

There’s been so many Fck ups by many BODs over the past decade, surely it’s now time to draw a line in the sand. Won’t criticise anyone and would one hundred percent back, anyone supporter who has been subjected to any BOD member or staff that have crossed the line.

As posted BODs and the current lot will get things wrong,  as still very grey cloud over DGW, the recent departure of DM. 

An additional friend coming down from Aberdeen tomorrow, so that’s four that stopped coming down over the past eight months, now attending successive home games, I know it doesn’t sound much, but these guys are all beginning to see some signs we’ve managed to steady the ship, and hoping for our third win on the bounce, small steps………