The Falkirk FC Thread

I don’t think it fair to just say to people to move on if they have a serious grievance. 

I get that pressure can make people act in ways they don’t normally. We all do! However that doesn’t make us unaccountable for our actions or make it unnecessary to explain and apologise for them. 

Also the situation with regards to the CI and then me personally happened 6 months before the Q and A when the club was ‘trending for promotion’ (thanks to the great work of Gary Deans!). That didn’t stop them acting in the manner they did though.

10 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I don’t think it fair to just say to people to move on if they have a serious grievance. 

I get that pressure can make people act in ways they don’t normally. We all do! However that doesn’t make us unaccountable for our actions or make it unnecessary to explain and apologise for them. 

Also the situation with regards to the CI and then me personally happened 6 months before the Q and A when the club was ‘trending for promotion’ (thanks to the great work of Gary Deans!). That didn’t stop them acting in the manner they did though.

What happened to you ?

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What happened to you ?

For the sake of moving on the conversation it’s probably best not to describe here. Said a bit at the time on the CI pages. 

Just wanted to let that person know that it hasn’t been forgotten when re-emerging back on something affiliated with the club. Hopefully no ideas to regain a position in to the club and using the WDHS podcast again as a platform to do that. 

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

For the sake of moving on the conversation it’s probably best not to describe here. Said a bit at the time on the CI pages. 

Just wanted to let that person know that it hasn’t been forgotten when re-emerging back on something affiliated with the club. Hopefully no ideas to regain a position in to the club and using the WDHS podcast again as a platform to do that. 

@Grangemouth Bairn seems keen to know so why not PM him?

6 hours ago, Van_damage said:

WDH is no more affiliated to the club than Falkirk Daft is it? 

17 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

So many good memories over the years and my favorite fixture. Just shows you can have a rivalry without the religious and political baggage. 

While there's no religious or political baggage some of the behaviour by both sets of fans over the years has been howling. 

41 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

While there's no religious or political baggage some of the behaviour by both sets of fans over the years has been howling. 

Yeah I agree. I used to work with a couple of Pars fans and we had some great banter without it ever getting out of hand. I think an element of both teams fans have took things too far over the years and sadly it will probably happen again at some point 😩

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

WDH is no more affiliated to the club than Falkirk Daft is it? 

Think you understood what I meant.  

Not sure why you want to denounce any misgivings I or others have about previous incumbents. You did the same with the ‘Not a Question’ t-shirts that raised money for charity. Tried to dissuade others from buying as you didn’t want to make light of it. Thought that was fair enough but then just a matter of weeks later laughing about the same sentence being on a Christmas Card! 

Anyway you know what happened so if you don’t think myself or DF has been maliciously treated and has any reason to be bothered about certain people appearing on things about the club then fine. 

I presume if you do want to move on then that will mean you’ll equally decry myself or anyone who once again mentions the mess the old board has left us in? 

Edited by Guest

There’s been so many Fck ups by many BODs over the past decade, surely it’s now time to draw a line in the sand. Won’t criticise anyone and would one hundred percent back, anyone supporter who has been subjected to any BOD member or staff that have crossed the line.

As posted BODs and the current lot will get things wrong,  as still very grey cloud over DGW, the recent departure of DM. 

An additional friend coming down from Aberdeen tomorrow, so that’s four that stopped coming down over the past eight months, now attending successive home games, I know it doesn’t sound much, but these guys are all beginning to see some signs we’ve managed to steady the ship, and hoping for our third win on the bounce, small steps………

Thank God I am not a member of a faction then.

Anyhoo, a comment that nothing was malicious will never sit well with those who were on the end of some seriously malicious behaviour……and it’s worth noting that the people who were badly treated and have “baggage” are not the ones who triggered the latest conversation.

I am happy to keep my experience boxed away…….until someone has a bash at revisionism.

Anyway, couple of days until an incredibly important game. A game that could prove to be hugely pivotal in our season.

Looking forward to Saturday, will give us a clearer idea just where we stand.
This time last year we battered QP and lost and we all know what happened then.
Fancy us to sneak the win in a close game.
I'm genuinely looking forward to this one, not because I think we will hump them or anything but because while there do exist some caveats to the bounce back we have seen after Airdrie, if we beat Queens it will undoubtedly be the best run of points in ages, but also beating a genuine contender.

I do think we will win FWIW. I have a good* feeling about the direction of travel of the squad. Tbh, I think seeing Burrell effortlessly slot in a very good finish has contributed to that this week.

*its all relative. Still a wee bit guarded I suppose, but Saturday would be a legitimate marker.

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm genuinely looking forward to this one, not because I think we will hump them or anything but because while there do exist some caveats to the bounce back we have seen after Airdrie, if we beat Queens it will undoubtedly be the best run of points in ages, but also beating a genuine contender.

I do think we will win FWIW. I have a good* feeling about the direction of travel of the squad. Tbh, I think seeing Burrell effortlessly slot in a very good finish has contributed to that this week.

*its all relative. Still a wee bit guarded I suppose, but Saturday would be a legitimate marker.

Agree with all of that 💪🏼🔵⚪

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Thank f**k we're not in the habit of fuckin things up when the expectation is there! 😧

That's where I am with Saturday.  Optimism? well maybe...confidence?  well, not quite. A few guys have raised their game, not before time, now need to produce against a level up from the last two games.  

Agree its gonna be a marker, one way or the other.