The Falkirk FC Thread

14 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Sure a lot of people will have their own grievances. For me, there are several to choose from the last year or two however one in particular has re-emerged on the WDHS podcast. 

What ones?

2 hours ago, kemlinbairn said:

We have had a few in the past few seasons.

Care to elaborate on the one you just mentioned

Ex director. Gary Deans cohort. 

17 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

20 quid for Dunfermline vs Falkirk at East End Park is much less objectionable than 18 quid for Edinburgh City vs Falkirk or Alloa vs Falkirk at their respective terrible "stadiums".

Hope they play the theme to the 'Beverly Hillbillies' when the Bairn's team runs out if for no other reason we can play the theme from 'Deliverance' when they play at Falkirk.

So many good memories over the years and my favorite fixture. Just shows you can have a rivalry without the religious and political baggage. 

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

What ones?

Most of the last board and previous secretary. Still can’t fathom their actions. Was like dealing with entitled school kids who’s best explanation was ‘because I said so’. Think the Q and A said enough. Had first hand experience where you ask a reasonable question and get an unreasonable response. 

Don’t want to stop anyones enjoyment of the WDHS as the rest of the guys do a good job as was Graeme when interviewing but for good personal reasons I can’t listen to it while he’s on it. Sure he’ll read this and if so, he has my number if he wants to apologise. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm surprised any of them have the balls to rear their ugly heads again when it comes to Falkirk football club. Should've been banned from TFS too for good.

Not sure I agree with that TBH.

I was as critical as anyone but for me now it is really important we try and pull in the same direction from here. 

The previous regime made huge mistakes IMO, don’t think any of it was malicious just poor decision making. Had it been I think I would agree with you. 

I think it is time to move on and look forward IMO but ensure we learn from mistakes, which the new Board, will make too. 

40 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I was as critical as anyone but for me now it is really important we try and pull in the same direction from here. 

The previous regime made huge mistakes IMO, don’t think any of it was malicious just poor decision making. Had it been I think I would agree with you. 

I think it is time to move on and look forward IMO but ensure we learn from mistakes, which the new Board, will make too. 

Absolutely not!
Some of the previous Boards actions WERE malicious with respect to the CI and some other fans. They should be chased if they go anywhere near our club again.

45 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not sure I agree either. Some actions were very much malicious.

We both know there are a few characters you wouldn’t like to to see anywhere near the club so as much as I agree with the sentiment, not everyone can just move on, not without an explanation or apology anyway.

Enough said for now though. 

52 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

In my case, it was 100% malicious. The only upside was it exposed just how unprofessional and vile two of them could be. To then deploy their “frightener” in order to add a bit of legal waffle was just the cherry on the cake as he was even more incompetent than his employers.

It won’t be forgotten any time soon.

I meant in terms of spending money. 
The CI were not alone in getting poor treatment and I will include the Navy Blue Group, and how they were treated. I still believe it is time to move on. 

39 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Absolutely not!
Some of the previous Boards actions WERE malicious with respect to the CI and some other fans. They should be chased if they go anywhere near our club again.

One of them is still on the Board and another two are Patrons 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Brockvillenomore

My thoughts are the previous board started off with best intentions, decent folk from my brief dealings, but totally unsuited to the role or the challenge.

Then COVID hit and they operated in a bubble and an echo chamber where they trundled along without challenge or scrutiny.

They never understood the support and when things started to go wrong they couldn’t live with the pressure or the expectation.

Their first reaction was to adopt a siege mentality that unravelled at the Q and A where their illusion of control and status crashed and burned in front of their saviours, the Rawlins. 

After that it was a busted flush and they undoubtedly compounded their earlier mistakes by making even more, as the fallout from the Q and A crushed and humiliated them. 

None of us will know the impact that had on them but I’d guess it wasn’t going to make for balanced or rational decisions.  

Mistakes shouldn’t define people. We need to be bigger than that. 

After the AGM, when the extent of their folly will be there for all to see, we need a draw a line under it, learn the lessons and move on. 

43 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

In my case, it was 100% malicious. The only upside was it exposed just how unprofessional and vile two of them could be. To then deploy their “frightener” in order to add a bit of legal waffle was just the cherry on the cake as he was even more incompetent than his employers.

It won’t be forgotten any time soon.

This 

4 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Let me rephrase that …..some on the Board acted in a malicious manner. Better?

You said none of them should be near the club again. I assume you mean some of them then? 

On 21/03/2022 at 15:21, Back Post Misses said:

We have to have a bloody plan, your mates never had one. It is the idiotic policies of the past that has ruined us.
You and a few others have backed the previous regime and are now clearly digging the new guys. It is the mess of your mates that is needing cleared up. 

Having pressed for meaningful change for 12 years I am happy to be patient for the new Board to rebuild this wreck of a football club. 

On 26/03/2022 at 17:42, Back Post Misses said:

The fans were sold a lot of nonsense from the previous regime that we were going to start producing first team players again after about 5 minutes. 

On 04/07/2022 at 18:25, Back Post Misses said:

As I have said before looking for us to fail so the previous regime are not shown up too much. 

On 27/03/2022 at 07:17, Back Post Misses said:

Let’s not beat about the bush, you are either close to some of the previous regime, close to someone who left recently or are one of them. Your nose is out of joint and you can’t accept there is a new broom. Don’t kid people on it is about the club it is about ego, status and power. 

“Time to move on”

Hilarious coming for the poster who can’t keep harping on about the previous regime. 

6 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

“Time to move on”

Hilarious coming for the poster who can’t keep harping on about the previous regime. 

Some clearly not ready to 

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You said none of them should be near the club again. I assume you mean some of them then? 

I think it’s fairly clear in my reply to you. “Some of the Board acted in a malicious manner”. I think that kind of implies “some” but “not all”.…….or at least I hope that is the case.