The Falkirk FC Thread

Dan Turner for me only because I had some uppity w**k at Ayr United away tell me in the pub before hand that he'd seen him play against for Port Vale against Macclesfield or some Shit mob from down south and that he'd be able to stroll Championship level as league 2 in England is 'far superior' 

Good wan x 

I generally always had Brendan McIntyre as the worst I'd seen but the post Houston teams has seriously dented that.

Fasan easily the worst keeper tho the 3-0 defeat to QoS he did keep the score down to just 3.

We had 3 shots on goal QoS 27, we were absolutely woeful that day but would never have thought it would get much much more worse than that.

Harrison wasn’t great but he wasn’t the worst in the sense that he looked like he actually gave a little bit of a shit, which put him streets ahead of folk like Lewis, Froxylias, Haber, TOE, Turner etc. Seeing the names which comprised that squad still gives me the absolute fear. 

On a somewhat related note, Hartley has had a fucking miserable start to life at Hartlepool. Pleasing.

6 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Don't actually think Sammut was anywhere near the worst of that lot however the expectation put on him by announcing him as Chelsea's U23 Europa League winning captain or whatever it was made it seem that way.

This.

While most of the players that close season turned up as relative unknowns, the players that disappointed most for me were the 3 who signed on with the word “International” after their name – Petravicius, Froxylias and Sammut. I thought that gave them a bit of a pedigree when in actual fact they were all just dugmeat.

Guest Caractacus Potts

If we’re talking value for money, would Griffiths not be up there? Didn’t look that bad on the ball but totally unfit, didn’t match the wages and scored less goals than Ruth. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

28 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Don't actually think Sammut was anywhere near the worst of that lot however the expectation put on him by announcing him as Chelsea's U23 Europa League winning captain or whatever it was made it seem that way.

Too many of them that season were similar ilk of Sammut in not playing men's football, the rest were average at best or wasters. Froxy clearly spent his signing on fee on enjoying life, clearly so unfit. 

The fact we actually paid money for TOE and Dylan Mackin is bewildering.

I'm sure Dan Turner was on loan with view to buy but we sent him back very early to port vale where he couldn't play.

It's pleasing to see Hartley in a mess currently at Hartlepool. 

The worst thing about that Hartley bunch is quite a few of them have gone on to have much better careers than we’d have ever expected. It’s almost as if being emotionally bullied by the manager every day isn’t the best way to get the best out of the team.