The Falkirk FC Thread

Don’t know if it’s been posted in here already but Aaron Taylor-Sinclair was on trial for us today, didn’t play though.

Any good?

He’s absolutely fucking dreadful. Genuinely surprised he’s not just chucked it in the summer there. He’s unbelievably slow and positionally all over the place. He played him left back, left of a back 3, middle of a back 3, left sided centre half in a 4 and left wing back. He was hopeless in each position. I know money seems to be tight for you guys this season but if you can’t find better him I’d be worried.

I've been singing sea poems about him since full time. Not many players move with the ball like that and his weight of pass is incredible. Constantly wanted the ball from his teammates and smashed into a tackle too. He was incredible. 

For a youngster he managed to get himself booked within a minute of coming on so pretty fearless.[emoji3]
Great potential.
I’d love to see all three of the ‘new’ guys start next week. They all look a class above already…..

16 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’d be looking to get Lawal and Burrell into the team sooner rather than later in place of Nesbitt and Alegria. I’d keep Oliver in the number 10 role.

Ideally the changes I’d be looking to make too. Hoping Williamson isn’t out for too long so Yeats can slot back in.

11 minutes ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Don’t know if it’s been posted in here already but Aaron Taylor-Sinclair was on trial for us today, didn’t play though.

Any good?

He’s a big name so worth a go

Ah sorry, I meant he has a big name

You do remember him in games against Airdrie, don’t you. Because playing for us he was forgettable (like the vast majority of our team last year)

Your choice, I won’t discourage 

19 minutes ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Any good?

Great player get him signed up. 

Obviously they'll be back as soon as we next lose a game but doesn't it make a pleasant change to read about Falkirk FC without having to wade through pages of Ainsley Harriott memes and "Lolkirk" posts, or any of the other oh so hilariously imaginative banter from P&B's obsessed wee fannies?

Edited by Shotgun

Guest FFC1965

Good performance and nice to get a  comfortable win for a change.  

I was standing behind the dugouts and could hear McGlynn - he is always at them to work and was hounding Morrison, Nesbitt & McGuffie at times relentlessly.

We look so much more solid in defence  and midfield as a result. 

Looking a bit better going forward too, pleased that Oliver got a goal and Burrell too took his goal well, a debut goal is always a good sign. 

Carroll looked very comfortable on the ball - had a touch of the Sibbs about him.  

Edinburgh City were poor, Im assuming it was their two best players who got sent off last week and were suspended as they really didn't threaten much. 

McGinn was simply imperious today absolutely ran the game and hats off to Yeats for showing he can play a few different positions well.  

Meadowbank stadium was a disgrace - next time I'll just be buying a ticket for the home seated section.