The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Glad to see Burrell get off the mark too. How did him and Lawal do for anyone in attendance?

The game was undoubtedly stretched and Edinburgh were tiring a bit but both looked very sharp. Lawal’s close control is excellent and Burrell is both strong and quick.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The game was undoubtedly stretched and Edinburgh were tiring a bit but both looked very sharp. Lawal’s close control is excellent and Burrell is both strong and quick.

From the little we've had so far Lawal does look to have decent touch on the ball. Hard to know how either can influence a game without seeing it from the start but thats good to hear. 

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Looks like Lawal and Burrell not signed to be starters which is a bit disappointing. 

I think you are wrong personally. Lawal won’t be out of the team for long IMO. McGlynn letting them find their feet it looks like to me 

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think you are wrong personally. Lawal won’t be out of the team for long IMO. McGlynn letting them find their feet it looks like to me 

I agree. Mcglynn is letting them feel their way into the team. It’s what good managers do! 

Wasn’t there but reassuring to see Oliver on the scoresheet again and also Burrell getting a goal. 

An assist for Carroll on his debut do him the world of good too. 

3 points against Queens next week 🧢

You would hope that if Wilson, Ross, Sneddon and Malcolm have any self respect and want to call themselves professional footballers that they will now take the hint that they aren't wanted and get their agents to find them something elsewhere, eh? Playing part-time has to better than not playing at all.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You would hope that if Wilson, Ross, Sneddon and Malcolm have any self respect and want to call themselves professional footballers that they will now take the hint that they aren't wanted and get their agents to find them something elsewhere, eh? Playing part-time has to better than not playing at all.

They'd be first out the door for me, with Hetherington and Nesbitt if it was possible. We absolutely need to get a right back in aswell. 

18 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Pearse Carroll is going to the top

I've been singing sea poems about him since full time. Not many players move with the ball like that and his weight of pass is incredible. Constantly wanted the ball from his teammates and smashed into a tackle too. He was incredible. 

Good performance and good to get two wins on the bounce, which has to be good for confidence.

Got to be said though that Edinburgh were very poor and offered absolutely nothing. The real challenge will be replicating these performances against better sides.

I’d be looking to get Lawal and Burrell into the team sooner rather than later in place of Nesbitt and Alegria. I’d keep Oliver in the number 10 role.