The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Plans seemed to be stretching the income received from hospitality and sponsorship. Will take a lot to cover at minimum 400k though especially in the current climate. I suppose we'll find out how that's going at the AGM.

Better to make any financial projections on the cautious side of things.

As well intended and motivated as the fans are once these new power charges come effective many will have no choice but to cut back on going to games and other financial contributions to the club.

I have a genuine fear that some clubs may well fold this season.

Not good.

7 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Your not factoring in progression in the league cup or the additional sponsorship that’s been brought in. These were incomes that were not budgeted for so will help close the gap, any sort of cup run or further new investment brought in will obviously also help close the gap. They new BOD have obviously taken a bit of a calculated risk to try and support the manager with a healthy playing budget, I can get on board with that provided there is a plan B. The club has been running a deficit in a majority of the previous years and the over spend is always covered one way or another. 

We gained an extra £26k (£50k less £24k minimum) for the cup, I doubt the new sponsorship deals will be earth shattering in terms of money. So we're possibly looking at a £350k + shortfall based on available information. Worrying times.  

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Our training is possibly physically demanding and the players are picking up more muscle injuries ?

Would doubt it would be any more physical than any competent coach would put on.