The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I was wondering that too however do they include U12 tickets? Would imagine any parent who has kids U12 would purchase one on the off chance the kids want to go. If they were included then maybe the average is a bit lower. Even then it still makes for a lot of money coming elsewhere. 

What do the concerts bring in? 

No idea about the concerts although they obviously must be worth doing. I wouldn't think it would be a massive figure though once all of the associated expenditure is taken into account?

5 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I was wondering that too however do they include U12 tickets? Would imagine any parent who has kids U12 would purchase one on the off chance the kids want to go. If they were included then maybe the average is a bit lower. Even then it still makes for a lot of money coming elsewhere. 

What do the concerts bring in? 

Maybe it’s just the previous incumbents, but this statement from the FSS throws more questions than answers. Still can’t get my head around 15%. Throws a hellava lot more questions about the revenue etc.

Guest Caractacus Potts
17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We didn’t say it wasn’t effective, we were disproving the statement that they played ‘the best football in the league’. They pumped it long to a fucking brute who layed it off to McKenna for shots at goal.

Sorry yeh I would disagree with that but stick to whatever works for you. I’m enjoying that McGlynns style is a bit more direct. Hopefully we can start to find something that is a bit more effective for us. Passing from the back clearly isn’t it. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

17 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
7 hours ago, Ross B said:
I had decided not to go on Saturday due to how bad other supporters have said Meadowbank is so I forked out for Falkirk TV but theyve just tweeted saying they can't broadcast the game either. Bloody hell! 

Clubs are no longer allowed to stream games live unless you live abroad.

I was going to use a vpn 

2 hours ago, bothkennarbairn said:

Nor is the fact we are planning to “reduce our annual loss” to £400k this season which implies it must have been even worse than that last season.

A whole lot worse.

Edited by Shodwall cat

36 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

A whole lot worse.

The old board have a lot to answer for. Act like a small club though etc..

You'd like to think they'll be keeping a low profile to all things connected with the club the mess they've left us in and the way they treated fans.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It absolutely would. I was merely suggesting that Campbell has done a good job building Arbroath up into the position they are in which may have helped them sign Scott Allan.

Being the best part time team in the leagues certainly gives them an advantage. He has been doing more and more media work recently so playing for Arbroath will suit him down to the ground I'd think and probably pay him more overall than anything he'd get elsewhere in the championship.  

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Being the best part time team in the leagues certainly gives them an advantage. He has been doing more and more media work recently so playing for Arbroath will suit him down to the ground I'd think and probably pay him more overall than anything he'd get elsewhere in the championship.  

Although it can also go the other way as we seen with the Kenny Miller appointment.

11 hours ago, foreverarover said:
18 hours ago, Ross B said:
I had decided not to go on Saturday due to how bad other supporters have said Meadowbank is so I forked out for Falkirk TV but theyve just tweeted saying they can't broadcast the game either. Bloody hell! 

That's where the VPN comes in. But We are not physically streaming it all as there are not enough or no points of power to accommodate so I've heard. 

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

That's where the VPN comes in. But We are not physically streaming it all as there are not enough or no points of power to accommodate so I've heard. 

I bring a 45m extension cable with me. If there's no electrical outlets within 45m of filming position in a brand new stadium they should be relegated on principle now. Madness when you consider the Falkirk Stadium was made to satisfy crazy stadium requirements. Now it's the wild west where anything goes. Feel like we've possibly swung too far the other way.

Been thinking of getting one of these. If that's indeed the case with them that'll expedite that purchase.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Portable-Station-Generator-Outdoor/dp/B09Q5DJV71?ref_=ast_sto_dp

11 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Yeh that is surprising. Thinking of it, it shows how well the commercial side does or that the season ticket sales are possibly made up of more child tickets than we would think? 

I wonder if that info from FSS is correct. 

Back of the fag pack numbers 

2300 ST @£200 average is about 460k

That is about 24% of £2m turnover. 

10 hours ago, Van_damage said:

The old board have a lot to answer for. Act like a small club though etc..

You'd like to think they'll be keeping a low profile to all things connected with the club the mess they've left us in and the way they treated fans.

You’d think so, but that sort of risible decision making and an ability to alienate and marginalise people just aren’t character traits that disappear overnight.

11 hours ago, foreverarover said:
19 hours ago, Ross B said:

If it's the same issue ParsTV had FC Edinburgh don't have facilities for the away teams camera and we had to run the Pars TV equipment off a car battery.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

I bring a 45m extension cable with me. If there's no electrical outlets within 45m of filming position in a brand new stadium they should be relegated on principle now. Madness when you consider the Falkirk Stadium was made to satisfy crazy stadium requirements. Now it's the wild west where anything goes. Feel like we've possibly swung too far the other way.

Been thinking of getting one of these. If that's indeed the case with them that'll expedite that purchase.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Portable-Station-Generator-Outdoor/dp/B09Q5DJV71?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Aye cause Recreation Park is like the San Siro

11 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

How do you know this Peter? 

As people have worked out earlier by ‘back of the envelope calculations’

Just re-read the FSS statement and it’s very, very worrying.

They admit they need to cover the projected losses of around £400k but don’t say how?

Where is the new investment coming from? Patrons- ??, FSS- not showing a lot of progress, BfL-forced out losing 150 subscribers paying £10 per month- will they join FSS?, new investors?, the MSG?

Maybe there’s a big plan, who knows, but with a director already resigned and no Chairman, I find the statement that fans need not worry a bit over optimistic, to put it mildly.

Anyway, time will tell.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Spelling