The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You’d think so, but that sort of risible decision making and an ability to alienate and marginalise people just aren’t character traits that disappear overnight.

Was going to say at least we shouldn’t have to hear from them in a while but that’s not entirely true. 

37 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

As people have worked out earlier by ‘back of the envelope calculations’

Just re-read the FSS statement and it’s very, very worrying.

They admit they need to cover the projected losses of around £400k but don’t say how?

Where is the new investment coming from? Patrons- ??, FSS- not showing a lot of progress, BfL-forced out losing 150 subscribers paying £10 per month- will they join FSS?, new investors?, the MSG?

Maybe there’s a big plan, who knows, but with a director already resigned and no Chairman, I find the statement that fans need not worry a bit over optimistic, to put it mildly.

Anyway, time will tell.

I just hope they have plans in place and aren't leaving it to the last minute and then going cap in hand to the fans again.  Johns budget seems to have been increased so will that add to more money needed to bridge the gap or has that been covered already.

17 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Was going to say at least we shouldn’t have to hear from them in a while but that’s not entirely true. 

You've reminded me that the official club podcast has gone a bit quiet. 

Hope your appearance wasn't the kiss-of-death 😉

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I just hope they have plans in place and aren't leaving it to the last minute and then going cap in hand to the fans again.  Johns budget seems to have been increased so will that add to more money needed to bridge the gap or has that been covered already.

Who knows?

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I wonder if that info from FSS is correct. 

Back of the fag pack numbers 

2300 ST @£200 average is about 460k

That is about 24% of £2m turnover. 

If 800 of those 2300 are free kids tickets though then 1500 STs at £200 = £300,000 which is 15% of £2m

52 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

They admit they need to cover the projected losses of around £400k but don’t say how?

Where is the new investment coming from? Patrons- ??, FSS- not showing a lot of progress, BfL-forced out losing 150 subscribers paying £10 per month- will they join FSS?, new investors?, the MSG?

Maybe there’s a big plan, who knows, but with a director already resigned and no Chairman, I find the statement that fans need not worry a bit over optimistic, to put it mildly.

Anyway, time will tell.

I’d imagine a good dent in this has already been made after progression in the league cup and a few new sponsorship deals announced since that figure was first quoted. Worst case scenario if they don’t increase revenue sufficiently I presume we’ll be back to soft loans again to tide the club over. Via the patrons group collectively or one of the larger individual shareholders. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Your not factoring in progression in the league cup or the additional sponsorship that’s been brought in. These were incomes that were not budgeted for so will help close the gap, any sort of cup run or further new investment brought in will obviously also help close the gap. They new BOD have obviously taken a bit of a calculated risk to try and support the manager with a healthy playing budget, I can get on board with that provided there is a plan B. The club has been running a deficit in a majority of the previous years and the over spend is always covered one way or another. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

42 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

You've reminded me that the official club podcast has gone a bit quiet. 

Hope your appearance wasn't the kiss-of-death 😉

Presume it would have had a lot of listens but mostly as a sleep aid! 

Less infuriating than listening to Gary Deans cohort I’d hope. Same one who publicly slated ex players now back interviewing ex players. 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’d imagine a good dent in this has already been made after progression in the league cup and a few new sponsorship deals announced since that figure was first quoted. Worst case scenario if they don’t increase revenue sufficiently I presume we’ll be back to sort loans again to tide the club over. Via the patrons group collectively or one of the larger individual shareholders. 

Soft loans are great as long as you have willing donors. We didn’t exactly treat the old MSG people all that well.

Maybe Phil Rawlins might stump up or 40 willing fans at £10k or 400 at £1k?

We certainly need to be looking at options as we don’t want to get to Christmas and we don’t have enough to pay wages but I’m sure the Board are already doing that.

Also, not long till the AGM and the auditors will need to be assured that funds are in place for the company to be ‘a going concern’. Otherwise they will need to qualify the accounts. Not a good look!!

Guest Brockvillenomore

All the calculations here include the VAT, so are already 20% out. Plus none of us know the mix within the ST numbers and youngsters who are in the total but go free. 

As for the cash shortfall this has been declared for 3 or 4 months. In announcements and the fan meeting in May. Or possibly June, cba checking. The plans to make it up were also set out. 

4 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

All the calculations here include the VAT, so are already 20% out. Plus none of us know the mix within the ST numbers and youngsters who are in the total but go free. 

As for the cash shortfall this has been declared for 3 or 4 months. In announcements and the fan meeting in May. Or possibly June, cba checking. The plans to make it up were also set out. 

Plans seemed to be stretching the income received from hospitality and sponsorship. Will take a lot to cover at minimum 400k though especially in the current climate. I suppose we'll find out how that's going at the AGM.

7 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Any update as to how the plans are progressing and whether the losses are being narrowed and by how much?

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Any update as to how the plans are progressing and whether the losses are being narrowed and by how much?

I’m pretty sure that update would and should be given at the AGM, can’t expect the club the be giving a blow by blow account on a daily basis. I’d imagine a dent has already been made in the 400k overspend after progression in the cup and a couple of new sponsorship deals announced, it’s obviously a calculated risk in order to help give the manager a healthy playing budget and gain promotion. For what it’s worth I agree with the strategy provided there is both a targeted plan in place to cover/reduce the shortfall and/or there are people in the background prepared to cover a loss should it occur.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m pretty sure that update would and should be given at the AGM, can’t expect the club the be giving a blow by blow account on a daily basis. I’d imagine a dent has already been made in the 400k overspend after progression in the cup and a couple of new sponsorship deals announced, it’s obviously a calculated risk in order to help give the manager a healthy playing budget and gain promotion. For what it’s worth I agree with the strategy provided there is both a targeted plan in place to cover/reduce the shortfall and/or there are people in the background prepared to cover a loss should it occur.

Fair enough.

The AGM will be the place to advise on progress.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Anyway, time will tell.

'Force out' in what way?

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If 800 of those 2300 are free kids tickets though then 1500 STs at £200 = £300,000 which is 15% of £2m

My guesstimate is based on my knowledge of approximate average prices from the past. The demographic may have changed of course as you point out OR the club are expecting increased revenue from elsewhere and we will do much more than £2m

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

No idea. Hey, you claim you know the club is running out of money in a few months so I expect you’re in a better position to tell me.  

Guest Brockvillenomore
28 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The Chairman received a very ‘ unfriendly and unhelpful’ communication from the Board which made him decide to call it a day.

Anyway, it’s over.

I have increased my sub to FSS to compensate and I hope others will.

BFL was sold to me as a members organisation. If DL decided to “call it a day” the organisation goes on, or am I being dim here? 

DL being cheesed off with an email from the board is not a proper reason to close a members organisation, without notice or consultation. Major decisions like this must be agreed with the members. Surely  

FWIW I was a member and only found out third hand as I’m not on FB, which was a bit disappointing.

Good for you increasing your FSS contributions. I might do that myself. 

16 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

No idea. Hey, you claim you know the club is running out of money in a few months so I expect you’re in a better position to tell me.  

I don’t know.

I just heard what all fans heard at the double meeting at TFS earlier in the year and what I heard wasn’t all that reassuring.

As was stated earlier all will be revealed at the AGM which is usually, I think, around November.