The Falkirk FC Thread

Maybe not directly but it quite obviously freed up money that was earmarked for other areas so yes of course it increased your playing budget. And let’s be honest you’ll be back where you belong soon and we’ll be back where we belong. 

Where we belong [emoji23]. Load of absolute shite. We are currently exactly where we belong and deserve to be.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Take it you've not seen Arbroath in the last couple of seasons then? They were the best footballing side I saw in the Championship last season, much better than the agricultural Kilmarnock side that one the division. If he wants or needs to go part time then joining by far the best part time team is an obvious move.

They were long ball merchants every time we played them and Devine and Broadfoot had the cigars out every time.  They were the most direct in the league.

2 hours ago, AdamAnt said:

Maybe not directly but it quite obviously freed up money that was earmarked for other areas so yes of course it increased your playing budget. And let’s be honest you’ll be back where you belong soon and we’ll be back where we belong. 

No offence mate but this 'back where we belong' rubbish is exactly why fans of other clubs are taking the piss and rubbing their hands in glee at our current position.

We are where we are for various reasons, we all know who and what they are. 

10 minutes ago, kemlinbairn said:

No offence mate but this 'back where we belong' rubbish is exactly why fans of other clubs are taking the piss and rubbing their hands in glee at our current position.

We are where we are for various reasons, we all know who and what they are. 

Why do you care what fans of other teams think? Let them have their fun if that’s what they enjoy. It’s a prolonged blip for us, nothing more 

They were long ball merchants every time we played them and Devine and Broadfoot had the cigars out every time.  They were the most direct in the league.

They were incredibly one dimensional and it worked due to how shite a lot of the teams were. That and they had the perfect strikers to implement that way of playing. For the first six months anyway.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

They were incredibly one dimensional and it worked due to how shite a lot of the teams were. That and they had the perfect strikers to implement that way of playing. For the first six months anyway.

The whole season I'd say.  Nouble then Hamilton were great at holding the ball up.  To say they were the best footballing side in the division is a fucking wild take.  Low taking the ball off O'Brien and launching it to Nouble to knock onto McKenna doesn't equate the best footballing side.  Very effective, against most sides, granted.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Which absolutely zero of went towards the playing budget. Fact

True but because of that funding monies that would have to have been allocated to other functions of running the club could be given to the manager to improve the squad and rightly so.

Good luck to you.

Saw a lot of work going on at Gayfield with builders etc last month what's going on ?

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

True but because of that funding monies that would have to have been allocated to other functions of running the club could be given to the manager to improve the squad and rightly so.

Good luck to you.

Saw a lot of work going on at Gayfield with builders etc last month what's going on ?

Aye but Arbroath were just as deserving of it as any of the other clubs in the Championship, I don’t think it’s fair us being singled out as undeserving. Falkirk not getting the same maybe isn’t fair but that’s not Arbroaths fault.

I believe that grant was purely for making up revenues lost by clubs from having no fans at games, pretty sure clubs had to submit their estimated losses with reasonable back up in order to claim it because I’ve heard the exact figure we think we lost out on

And a whole lot of stuff, mainly a new main entrance elevation / office / shop and electronic turnstiles. Internal work been carried out too, new floodlights, seats, glazing and ballusters, press box and media building. Again they works not at the expense of the club a fan left a 6 figure sum in his will which he wanted to go towards improving Gayfield 

3 hours ago, AdamAnt said:

Given how atrocious we have been in recent seasons we are obviously exactly where we belong.

ps

When did this become the Arbroath page?

1 hour ago, Ross B said:

I had decided not to go on Saturday due to how bad other supporters have said Meadowbank is so I forked out for Falkirk TV but theyve just tweeted saying they can't broadcast the game either. Bloody hell! 

Apparently there is no electricity point that they can access.  I don't usually think that grounds are a reason to stop clubs from being promoted but this is far from fit for purpose. I am going but I expect to need binoculars to watch the game.

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Apparently there is no electricity point that they can access.  I don't usually think that grounds are a reason to stop clubs from being promoted but this is far from fit for purpose. I am going but I expect to need binoculars to watch the game.

I have not seen a game there, but have been both in the stand and in the standing area. For me, it’s an unacceptable venue to pay money to watch football. It’s hard to describe. For those who know Carmuirs Golf Club and the gravel parking on the other side of the road, and then the sorry excuse for a running track beyond that with the football pitch within it,  then the standing area feels not unlike watching a game there while standing half way between the car park and the running track. The stand would be roughly the same as standing a third of the way up the grassy slope behind the goals.

Family commitments mean I couldn’t make it anyway, but the facility marks Cliftonhill out as a Premier footballing venue for supporters. It’s terrible. Lovely sports centre, awful football venue.

21 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

Could it not be the KM stand sponsored by 

We said this during the process that it could be the KM Stand sponsored by …. Or the …. KM Stand. 

When Energy Check were sponsoring the stand we were going to put in a ‘sponsored by’ sign underneath the KM Stand however  they didn’t renew so we didn’t put that up. 

The agreement we had was that if they found any sponsor then it would be included as to not spoil the sign so not just a big square board. We also agreed the type of business would have to be considered so it wouldn’t detract from his name like a betting company for instance. 

Would hope that the sign itself will draw more eyes to the area so make it a valuable space to advertise for any prospective business. To associate it with Crunchie has to be a decent pull too for any local business. 

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The whole season I'd say.  Nouble then Hamilton were great at holding the ball up.  To say they were the best footballing side in the division is a fucking wild take.  Low taking the ball off O'Brien and launching it to Nouble to knock onto McKenna doesn't equate the best footballing side.  Very effective, against most sides, granted.

Campbell has played that way for all his time in management