The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Ahhhh right, not read it tbh as would rather not give him the time of day. 

I assume it’s rent free though as it’s never mentioned in the accounts? KM stand rent obv is to Sandy. 

Yeah all the leases are free of charge.  The original stadium company was 51 percent the club 49 percent the council. But when it came to the split because the council had put up the 2 million for the north stand and had put loans in to keep the stadium company afloat they were given a far better deal when the original company split. 

Basically the club couldnt have come out of it any worse in my opinion. The council weren't interested in developing the area which caused issues for the original stadium company but ended up owning virtually the whole shebang.

9 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

That's a good question. I know that plenty of other clubs have done it now eg Dundee, Ross County, Livi, Partick, Hamilton, Airdrie, Dumbarton & Alloa. Assuming at least some of those won't own their own stadium 

We get the cash for it, not sure the agreement we have with the council but it's something like an 80 year lease we have. I'm assuming it just falls under our control

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Hopefully works out for both parties. If there's anyone capable of getting a player back on track it's Campbell. 

Looks like the only option the lad had. Campbell’s hoofball won’t best suit the lads talents 

Edited by Back Post Misses

10 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah all the leases are free of charge.  The original stadium company was 51 percent the club 49 percent the council. But when it came to the split because the council had put up the 2 million for the north stand and had put loans in to keep the stadium company afloat they were given a far better deal when the original company split. 

Basically the club couldnt have come out of it any worse in my opinion. The council weren't interested in developing the area which caused issues for the original stadium company but ended up owning virtually the whole shebang.

Which were the council's intentions all along.

No sooner was Stadium Company formed with the business plan for the hotel and sporting complex to be developed and FFC signed up.

Out of the blue the 'Blast exclusion zone' is announced. Well blow me down, what a surprise. Not an inkling when due diligence was carried out. If that was known at the time regarding the blast zone the club rightly would have gone nowhere near it.

We have discussed this before and agree the club got well and truly screwed by the council.

The Council should be asked how much they want for the stadium, car park and surrounding land for FFC to own it in full.

Once the price is known then the club and supporters will be in a position to put a package together.

The club will not prosper or meet its potential until it owns the complex and can make decisions in the interests of the club to maximise its potentials.

Said at the time we should have stayed at Brockville and developed it piecemeal.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Looks like the only option the lad had. Campbell’s hoofball won’t best suit the lads talents 

Take it you've not seen Arbroath in the last couple of seasons then? They were the best footballing side I saw in the Championship last season, much better than the agricultural Kilmarnock side that one the division. If he wants or needs to go part time then joining by far the best part time team is an obvious move.

22 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Take it you've not seen Arbroath in the last couple of seasons then? They were the best footballing side I saw in the Championship last season, much better than the agricultural Kilmarnock side that one the division. If he wants or needs to go part time then joining by far the best part time team is an obvious move.

We beat them in the Scottish Cup in the 2 previous seasons to last season, so aye, we've seen them.

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair play to Campbell though - getting Scott Allan to Arbroath shows what a difference he’s made to the club.

Meanwhile our midfield is anchored by Hetherington.

I think getting a 500k handout helped mind you.

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Was at a function in July where Campbell intimated that Arbroath had over £1m in the bank.

Was the business club lunch. Heard the same thing and assume it’s in part due to league payments but they have also increased turnover massively through increased STs, Gate receipts & retail. The latter of which is now better than what we even have with a proper town centre presence. 

22 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Was the business club lunch. Heard the same thing and assume it’s in part due to league payments but they have also increased turnover massively through increased STs, Gate receipts & retail. The latter of which is now better than what we even have with a proper town centre presence. 

Correct 

22 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Plus they got £500k  from the SG via the SPFL.
Complete nonsense for a part time club.

I think this was down to Mike Mulroney at Alloa who got the same.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Which absolutely zero of went towards the playing budget. Fact

Maybe not directly but it quite obviously freed up money that was earmarked for other areas so yes of course it increased your playing budget. And let’s be honest you’ll be back where you belong soon and we’ll be back where we belong. 

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Plus they got £500k  from the SG via the SPFL.
Complete nonsense for a part time club.

I think this was down to Mike Mulroney at Alloa who got the same.

Why is it any different for us compared to a Morton or Ayr or a Raith? We would’ve lost a similar amount of money through lost gate receipts as they clubs did? 

5 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

Maybe not directly but it quite obviously freed up money that was earmarked for other areas so yes of course it increased your playing budget. And let’s be honest you’ll be back where you belong soon and we’ll be back where we belong. 

Incorrect