The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Only if the West stand is ever re-named as that’s what they own part of. Any sponsorship of the other stands or pitch for that matter belongs to FFC. 

Well I suppose since we've already got the KM stand it could only really be the north that could be re-named?

The Ineos stand has a nice ring to it. (for a million or so)

Would it really be any of the business of the council if we re named the Main?

I mean, we own everything pitch facing, so renaming it would only really manifest itself in references to it by the club, ticketing, advertising in the pitch facing side. I mean "renaming" is really just a form of advertising anyway.

Surely we can "rename" without changing anything that the council are involved in.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Would it really be any of the business of the council if we re named the Main?

I mean, we own everything pitch facing, so renaming it would only really manifest itself in references to it by the club, ticketing, advertising in the pitch facing side. I mean "renaming" is really just a form of advertising anyway.

Surely we can "rename" without changing anything that the council are involved in.

You would think so but I’m sure the council can sniff out a fiver in a gale force wind. 

It’s a fair point though that they may not be due anything as I doubt they get anything for Benny Ts sponsoring the family section in the main stand.

Rogers and Taiwo were two players in what was, when you look back at it, a pretty special team. It's been said 1000 times by everyone before, but in any 'normal' Championship, that team would have absolutely strolled it to the title. Each and every player worked their balls off for the jersey and never knew when they were beaten - everything you would want in your ideal Falkirk team. It seems a long way away at the moment but hopefully we can get back to that kind of level in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

And I was just being thick mate. I suppose it would depend on the terms of the lease for the north stand and main stand.

North stand is ours so all cash is good from that deal(s). I believe even in recent years it’s been worth a decent wedge to the club. 

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

North stand is ours so all cash is good from that deal(s). I believe even in recent years it’s been worth a decent wedge to the club. 

We only lease the north stand though. We don't own anything at TFS after the original community stadium group was split up. We have long term leases on the seats and football areas in the west stand, the north stand , the area the pitch is on and the ground where the east stand would go. 

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We only lease the north stand though. We don't own anything at TFS after the original community stadium group was split up. We have long term leases on the seats and football areas in the west stand, the north stand , the area the pitch is on and the ground where the east stand would go. 

I think you mean the KM stand mate? We 100% pay a lease on that and it’s in the accounts. When the stadium was split up we got the north stand in terms of ownership outright & is the only stand we do 100% own (currently). I think you’re spot on re the rest although we don’t need to pay anyone for the pitch I believe. 

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think you mean the KM stand mate? We 100% pay a lease on that and it’s in the accounts. When the stadium was split up we got the north stand in terms of ownership outright & is the only stand we do 100% own (currently). I think you’re spot on re the rest although we don’t need to pay anyone for the pitch I believe. 

No I mean the north stand mate. We lease it just like the rest of the stadium.

Martin Ritchie's book explains it all.

'The club was given 175 year leases on the land for the pitch,the north and south stand and an area of land to the east of the main stand pitch. It also had rent free leases on all the football facilities in the west stand , access to the hospitality areas on match days and specific access rules for the car park.'

We own absolutely hee haw.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

No I mean the north stand mate. We lease it just like the rest of the stadium.

Martin Ritchie's book explains it all.

'The club was given 175 year leases on the land for the pitch,the north and south stand and an area of land to the east of the main stand pitch. It also had rent free leases on all the football facilities in the west stand , access to the hospitality areas on match days and specific access rules for the car park.'

We own absolutely hee haw.

Ahhhh right, not read it tbh as would rather not give him the time of day. 

I assume it’s rent free though as it’s never mentioned in the accounts? KM stand rent obv is to Sandy.