The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, printer said:

No he didn't. At Alloa, Hetherington's game was all about mobility; pressing aggressively, ball winning, covering midfield runners etc, the role he seems to be playing for Falkirk now under McGinn (as Captain Chugwash and Russ have spotted and explained). Flannigan played McGinn's role.

I would say also I used to tear my hear out a la Falkirk fans about Hetherington giving the ball away in seemingly simple situations although once the analysis was done on the games though you generally find out his stats show he wins it more than he loses it.

Not sure if that still holds true these days but it certainly was during his time with us.

20 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I would say also I used to tear my hear out a la Falkirk fans about Hetherington giving the ball away in seemingly simple situations although once the analysis was done on the games though you generally find out his stats show he wins it more than he loses it.

Not sure if that still holds true these days but it certainly was during his time with us.

Put a word in with Ricey and take him back, I feel sorry as he's genuinely giving 110% every game he just doesn't offer anything. Even when we played against Stranraer in preseason he was the exact same and the Stranraer team were honking. The Hibs game was the one exception as he actually looked to be a footballer that night, then against Bonnyrigg it was back to not offering us anything.

Edited by FFC 1876

6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Could that potentially have already been spent after having to bring Hogarth in to cover PJ’s injury? 

Hopefully not, obviously doesn't help when 4 of your 12 new signings are out injured. When Henderson's back he gives you another option in the middle of the park. 

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Still expecting some movement with maybe two out, and one in.

Given Ross, Sneddon, Wilson and Malcolm haven't really played you'd hope they'll be trying to get a move elsewhere at the moment.

It'll be very interesting to see what position we look to bring another player in for. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Must have been at different games to me. 😉

Young Lennox Walker is scoring for fun at Bo'ness. Good signing if he continues to develop

Was at the Bo’ness game against Stirling Uni a few weeks ago and the boy looks a player. Always looking to take his man on and be positive with the ball. Had a couple of decent efforts and was one of the best players on the park for the first hour before falling out the game which you would expect with a young boy. If he keeps up his form I’d be looking to put him out to a higher level in January with a few to bring him into the squad next year.

Was having a wee think this evening and ken a midfielder I miss? Tom Taiwo. He wouldn't have put up with any of the shit in League One x

What a boy Tommy Tackle was. Wee bit injury prone but always done some graft in midfield and of course loved a slide tackle. Even done a solid job for us on the right of midfield.

Loved a goal against the **** and the pars tae. How can you no love him for that [emoji7]

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

What a boy Tommy Tackle was. Wee bit injury prone but always done some graft in midfield and of course loved a slide tackle. Even done a solid job for us on the right of midfield.

Loved a goal against the **** and the pars tae. How can you no love him for that emoji7.png

One of my favourite players of the past few years. 

it's magic you know, a midfield of Kerr and Taiwo! 

21 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They played 60 minutes with 10 men against you. 

Tbf it was all one way traffic up until the red, only some good goalkeeping kept it at 1. Regardless of men on the park, the actual football they played wasn't good, Alloa actually did okay and have guys like Scougall who have that wee bit of class, hence my surprise at the result.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I see our neighbours across the water have sold the naming rights to the big pink bus shelter. Probably something we should look at doing to raise some extra cash 

Wouldn't the bulk of any money go to the council?

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Wouldn't the bulk of any money go to the council?

That's a good question. I know that plenty of other clubs have done it now eg Dundee, Ross County, Livi, Partick, Hamilton, Airdrie, Dumbarton & Alloa. Assuming at least some of those won't own their own stadium 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876