The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Can see him going to Dunfermline.  ex McPake teammate and wanted him at Dundee. 3 wins from 3 puts them in a strong position to suggest they'll go up too.  

If they have went unbeaten after the first quarter then I'll take notice, in all honesty I expected them to drop points against Montrose. 

Just watched Williamson’s FTV interview after his excellent performance on Saturday.

Comes across as a thoroughly decent lad.

I have been extremely critical of his performances, with justification, and I certainly will  not hold back if Saturday proves to be a flash in the pan.

The proof that he has turned a corner will come in matches where he will be required to put the hard tackles in as well as do the forward runs.

Lets hope for both him and the team that Saturday was indeed a new start.

Just watched Williamson’s FTV interview after his excellent performance on Saturday.
Comes across as a thoroughly decent lad.
I have been extremely critical of his performances, with justification, and I certainly will  not hold back if Saturday proves to be a flash in the pan.
The proof that he has turned a corner will come in matches where he will be required to put the hard tackles in as well as do the forward runs.
Lets hope for both him and the team that Saturday was indeed a new start.
Think he is a " horses for courses " type of player. Give him the freedom to charge upfield against a poor team and he shines. Play him against a team who press forward and are blessed with good wide players and he will not shine as much. Thats where we need the sitting midfielders to cover

On 14/08/2022 at 11:55, Back Post Misses said:

Feet on the ground still. Last week some were for writing us off completely. Yesterday was miles better but we need this sort of performance consistently. Next week won’t be easy. The lad Robertson up front for them is decent. Ironically when Maybury was with us he turned the lad away, he signed for St.Johnstone and now Maybury has him there. We need to be watchful 

Ironic thing is St Johnstone freed him last summer and when Gary Naismith had freed most of the previous season's City team and was desperate for players he was alerted to Robertson by a City match day official who'd seen him in a game at Airdrie.

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have played 8% of the games. They have played 2 games v the poorer sides in the league and by all accounts were fortunate to win both home games. Long long way to go. 

Not saying Dunfermline will win the league because they won their first 3 games but that if Scott Allan was deciding who to join, it might help their case at this moment in time.  

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Thanks. Got mine.
Just 10 left it seems if you want one:
1d097641e7dce01832922ce6c0bf16cd.jpg

10 left for the stand. Doubt we’ll sell out the “general admission” (running track). As others have said, a day for the pub and hopefully the 3 points, not the experience. 

3 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Not saying Dunfermline will win the league because they won their first 3 games but that if Scott Allan was deciding who to join, it might help their case at this moment in time.  

Would it though? For a morale boost? Because imo that's all it would be, the lad clearly has/had health issues which is a shame sadly I think his career will peter out because of it unlike Griffiths who just let his go down the gurgler n watched it. 

49 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Would it though? For a morale boost? Because imo that's all it would be, the lad clearly has/had health issues which is a shame sadly I think his career will peter out because of it unlike Griffiths who just let his go down the gurgler n watched it. 

Griffiths now 2nd or 3rd tier Oz football with a semi-pro outfit in Perth.

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have played 8% of the games. They have played 2 games v the poorer sides in the league and by all accounts were fortunate to win both home games. Long long way to go. 

Hopeful nonsense on your part sir. Both games were hard-fought but the victories were well-earned.

We've not even played shite like Peterhead yet either.

18 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Are Alloa one of the poorer sides? Managed 7/12 points from Falkirk last season, finishing above you in the table.