The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Are Alloa one of the poorer sides? Managed 7/12 points from Falkirk last season, finishing above you in the table.

We were feckin dreadful last season yet still took points off them and we struggled to take points off any half decent side. Getting pumped by a newly promoted side would say they arent up to much this season either. 

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Griffiths now 2nd or 3rd tier Oz football with a semi-pro outfit in Perth.

Another great in a long line of Scottish football underachievers.

Had it all and could have been a Scotland great instead just got flashes of the brilliant footballer he undoubtedly was.

Hope he gets his personal issues resolved 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

We were feckin dreadful last season yet still took points off them and we struggled to take points off any half decent side. Getting pumped by a newly promoted side would say they arent up to much this season either. 

Our record against Alloa especially at East End is abysmal. I can tell you that none of our fans looked at that league opener and rubbed their hands together thinking it would be a nice winning start, especially since they drew with us on the league cup the week prior. Was genuinely shocked to see Edinburgh's big away win at Alloa on Saturday as they were absolutely rubbish against us.

6 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Our record against Alloa especially at East End is abysmal. I can tell you that none of our fans looked at that league opener and rubbed their hands together thinking it would be a nice winning start, especially since they drew with us on the league cup the week prior. Was genuinely shocked to see Edinburgh's big away win at Alloa on Saturday as they were absolutely rubbish against us.

Early in the season a lot of sides still finding there feet I suppose.

42 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Did the early sending off affect them badly would you say? How equal was the game before hand?

45 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

They played 60 minutes with 10 men against you. 

56 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

For me it was three goalkeeping errors that swung that game and of course defending before it gets to the keeper - not great. Excepting that it was a remarkably open game we could have easily ran away with it at 1-0 or clawed our way back at the end on another day. Just an off day for us which hasn't happened too often under BR.

15 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Episode 4 of Falkirk Daft out now 🎙💙. John is responsible for the title 😂

Another great listen/view, though the FC Edinburgh lads voice put me to sleep and I've still got the last 20 mins to view/listen to.....

Bookmarked for when I can't sleep 😶

4 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Are Alloa one of the poorer sides? Managed 7/12 points from Falkirk last season, finishing above you in the table.

We for sure had woeful managers last season and I'd bet we had a much worse squad than your one that finished 7th in league one.

It for sure had been the worst I've seen Falkirk FC in my time

On 14/08/2022 at 11:20, Back Post Misses said:

It isn’t what he is meant to be as he can’t get about the pitch to play box to box. At Alloa he played McGinn’s role. 

No he didn't. At Alloa, Hetherington's game was all about mobility; pressing aggressively, ball winning, covering midfield runners etc, the role he seems to be playing for Falkirk now under McGinn (as Captain Chugwash and Russ have spotted and explained). Flannigan played McGinn's role.

Edited by printer

Now that we've changed our entire starting 11 - bar the two fullbacks & Morrison - Nesbitt and Hetherington look just as poor as they did previously.

I don't really buy the positional argument tbh, you're either good enough or you're not. Guys like Muirhead, McGhee and Vaulks could all fill in at CB, FB and midfield when required. Equally hoping that Jamie Wilson will turn in to a good wingback because he's utterly pish up front just isn't going to happen.

I had hoped that a combination of a competent manager and playing in a better team would see them do ok but it's not looking good at the moment

Both have now played over 30 games for the club in total, Nesbitt has done well in maybe a third of them tops (mainly when he's been able to play to his strengths of being fast and having a decent first touch), and I'd struggle to count good performances from Hetherington on one hand.

Once McGlynn figures out his best team I doubt either of them will be regular starters