The Falkirk FC Thread

I can guarantee he won’t but that’s where you need others to step up when it’s not working for him. Regardless though he will create chances in all games. 

Others might step up if he’d pass the ball to them when in a good position on occasion.
He can be as creative as you like but it’ll be no use unless he either converts more or learns to pass to those better placed to score sometimes….

Others might step up if he’d pass the ball to them when in a good position on occasion.
He can be as creative as you like but it’ll be no use unless he either converts more or learns to pass to those better placed to score sometimes….
Getting the ball in scoring positions is the part he is mastering. Next should be converting ( hope kills)

In isolation, yesterday was really good compared to most of our recent past, but if you take the first three games as a grouping, you are looking at just a microcosm of last season……..one draw against a team who were decent last season, but who haven’t scored a goal yet, a heavy defeat to a side that bossed us last season, and a win against what looks to be one of the poorest sides in the league……….4 points from 9. Across a season, that would give us 48 points…..nothing like enough to trouble top spot, but maybe enough to scrape into the play offs.

There is certainly nothing concrete to say we have turned a corner. We can only hope that we will turn one soon. The games against the other leading lights in the next 6 games are going to be crucial……..even winning two consecutive games is something we haven’t seen in a while.

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

In isolation, yesterday was really good compared to most of our recent past, but if you take the first three games as a grouping, you are looking at just a microcosm of last season……..one draw against a team who were decent last season, but who haven’t scored a goal yet, a heavy defeat to a side that bossed us last season, and a win against what looks to be one of the poorest sides in the league……….4 points from 9. Across a season, that would give us 48 points…..nothing like enough to trouble top spot, but maybe enough to scrape into the play offs.

There is certainly nothing concrete to say we have turned a corner. We can only hope that we will turn one soon. The games against the other leading lights in the next 6 games are going to be crucial……..even winning two consecutive games is something we haven’t seen in a while.

Arguably Saturdays overall performance was as good as I’ve seen (albeit Phead we’re rank) in the past season or so. 
Williamsons interview was refreshing as was his honesty and admitting he’s been shite. If he and Morrison can keep consistent, and maintain that level of display, for me we’re playing with maybe only two/three players short (Nesbit & Hetherington and CF) in our starting eleven. 
If we can get something done before the transfer window with the three mentioned, I don’t think the play offs would be out of reach.

Next four games - Edinburgh A -  QOS H  - Kelty A - Alloa H.

All doable and then our noisy neighbours away.

That top is an  embarrassment but unfortunately we can’t take the high ground on that front. We’re forever singing songs about the Fife lot and unfortunately a friend sent me this posted by a Falkirk fan completely unprompted  recently. Horrible stuff. 

58EEB441-F49C-4C64-8FAF-5DAB0035AA77.jpeg

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

I’d definitely be offering him something. Chances of him coming are probably f**k all but if you don’t ask you don’t get etc etc.

Think the article is suggesting he’s looking for a reset opportunity & agree we could at least offer training facilities & take it from there 

l like his resilience in wanting to keep playing & certainly deserves a chance do why not us 

10 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Think the article is suggesting he’s looking for a reset opportunity & agree we could at least offer training facilities & take it from there 

l like his resilience in wanting to keep playing & certainly deserves a chance do why not us 

I wonder if it is an insurance issue. If he dies in a match (obviously I hope not) then it may be a problem for any club.  I have no idea if he can have a contract covering a club's liability but is that club then looking after him correctly?

39 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I wonder if it is an insurance issue. If he dies in a match (obviously I hope not) then it may be a problem for any club.  I have no idea if he can have a contract covering a club's liability but is that club then looking after him correctly?

Fair observation although would have thought this risk would be covetable albeit possibly costs involved prohibitive 

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Can see him going to Dunfermline.  ex McPake teammate and wanted him at Dundee. 3 wins from 3 puts them in a strong position to suggest they'll go up too.  

We have played 8% of the games. They have played 2 games v the poorer sides in the league and by all accounts were fortunate to win both home games. Long long way to go. 

I'd think Scott Allan would have been an option if we didn't have a glut of players for that area already:

• McGinn
  • Hetherington
  • Lawal
  • McGuffie
  • Nesbitt
  • Yeats
  • Ross

Regardless what we think about their respective qualities, McGlynn would have a hard-time justifying the funds on another midfielder when he's brought in three of his own and potentially benching two (Hetherington; McGuffie) who it appears, aren't easily disposed of.

Had we had a younger midfield profile it may have been do-able.

4 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Anyone know what the script is with tickets for the match this Saturday?  Can’t see anything on either club’s website, but presuming it will be all-ticket given the size of the ground!

By the looks of the facilities they've got a cheek charging anything . Shouldn't be allowed to have that bad a view at this level. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Fair point but surely the liability is on Scott Allan and any doctors who deem him fit to play?