The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Russ said:

Totally agree with this btw. Honestly still don’t think I’ve seen a particularly bad performance from him this season. Again I get that I’m well in the minority that thinks this and in no way saying we shouldn’t be looking for an upgrade on him or to excuse his pathetic performances last season but with McGinn there sitting at the base of midfield he looks a completely different player than last season to me. He does get about the pitch a lot better than he did last season, he’s actually a decent presser and won the ball back high up a few times yesterday. His passing is still very inconsistent can mind he played a cracking diagonal through to Williamson then about 5 minutes later he fucks up a simple 5 yard pass and he does give away too many fouls.

He’s clearly not everyone’s cup of tea but unlike last season I can actually see now what he’s bringing to the team and deserves his place at the moment imo.

Surely we need a lot better than someone who hasnt had a particularly bad performance though.  To win promotion we need him to be one of the best in his position in this league and he's far from that. 

Just now, bairn88 said:

Wasn’t it a straight shootout him v Jaime Wilson in pre season. Not saying Robertson would’ve been brilliant but think we signed the wrong one there 

Going by the trials we should've moved both on. They were both rotten.

3 hours ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Baffled by my opinion that has has a high work rate and determination? None of your points contradict what I said. I honestly think that labelling him as one of the worst we’ve ever had is extremely harsh. Feel he’s one of our players who will be criticised no matter how well he plays.

I've personally yet to see him play well, he has done ok in bits this season .but his poor passing,control and decision making usually appears, also let's not forget his comedy shooting.

We need better for me if we have ambitions of challenging the serious top end.

We've just completely dominated the opposition, created numerous chances, yet some folk would rather slag the players than enjoy the win and the entertainment served up from the team yesterday. Very odd.
You can still offer criticisms when you have the 3 points mate.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Well that was a breath of fresh air although Peterhead were absolutely dreadful so it's difficult to judge just how good we actually were. Williamson and Morrison shouldn't have started but thank f**k they did. What do any of us know about football management, eh? Morrison was unplayable at times and Williamson gave us his best performance in a Falkirk shirt to date.

Can't understand why he started with essentially three defensive mids as it meant Yeats basically playing out of position in a more advanced role. Maybe Lawal isn't fully fit yet, but him in for Hetherington is pretty obvious I would say.

Once again, I think that, when everyone is fully fit, we should use a 3-5-2. I don't think we can afford to leave McCann out as he gives us a lot down the left and Williamson can do similar on the right when he would have less defending to do.

I thought Alegria (FFS stop calling him Algeria) played quite well. Doesn't look like there's masses of quality there but he is quite physical and holds the ball up quite well. Looks like he snatches at his chances though, maybe a goal will give him a bit of confidence and he can sort that out. I'd like to see what Burrell can do, but I wouldn't be dissapointed in having Alegria off the bench as an option.

All in all a good day at the office (I think Lewis is taking the piss now TBH) but feet on the ground as we won't play opposition of that quality every week. Unfortunately.

Not unfortunate at all.

Resent paying good money to watch a bad parody of a pub team attempt to clug  their way to a result.

Would far rather watch a competitive match even at this poor level.

33 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not unfortunate at all.

Resent paying good money to watch a bad parody of a pub team attempt to clug  their way to a result.

Would far rather watch a competitive match even at this poor level.

Aye, fair point.

1 hour ago, RuncornBairn said:

A lot of negative talk, scarring from poor performances I suppose but game much better yesterday. I do like Yeats, hardly gets a mention, really wish he’d  banged his chance in

If he continues to keep consistent, he’s a great find. Like the guy, and  hundred percenter.

Even this early that  game was a must win for me. We did so with a determination and attitude that we must continue with. Aye Peterhead we're poor but they came along at the right time for us  we needed a bit of canon fodder after last week. Morrison especially showed what he is capable of and he's good for 8-10 goals a season if he takes onboard what he's coached to do. He's deserved criticism but I'd bet any other team in the league would take him.

Their keeper saved them from  a hiding.

Good all round but must perform and win next week too. We're still building and have to keep momentum going.

9 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

There's many things I am not surprised to read on this thread but comparing Alegria to Ally McCoist is fucking wild.

And as a child of the 80s Ally McCoist wasn't criticised regularly at all. The Buns fans adored him. Because he scored 1,690 goals a season.

Main point of the comparison to mccoist was the rewards of giving somebody a chance who "gets into the positions", like Alegria done very well yesterday, in my opinion.

As also a child of the 80's I remember well the criticism Mccoist used to come in for when he first signed for them because he missed so many chances, pretty sure it was a couple of seasons before they took to him when the penny finally sank... he might miss 200 silly chances a season but still sticking it in the back of the net 40 or 50 times was actually the important bit.

Guest Caractacus Potts
13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just watched the highlights. They showed 8 attempts on goal from Morrison, one goal. There lies the reason he is in L1. 

Not sure the point. There’s reasons why all player are in League 1. Still the most talented player at the club and if he was to be replaced then it’s with someone who has their own faults. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

16 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not sure the point. There’s reasons why all player are in League 1. Still the most talented player at the club and if he was to be replaced then it’s with someone who has their own faults. 

Not sure the point? If he was scoring 4/8 Chances he would be playing at a higher level. He doesn’t, his decision making is still iffy and plenty games his attitude has been suspect. Play like he played yesterday he is a huge asset. He has to be much more consistent from here 

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not sure the point? If he was scoring 4/8 Chances he would be playing at a higher level. He doesn’t, his decision making is still iffy and plenty games his attitude has been suspect. Play like he played yesterday he is a huge asset. He has to be much more consistent from here 

You wanted shot of Morrison and saying that basically any player who plays in League 1 does so for a reason so who can you bring in that’s better?

Morrison is one of the most talented players in this league. We’d struggle to find someone of his ability let alone with more consistency. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

34 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

You wanted shot of Morrison and saying that basically any player who plays in League 1 does so for a reason so who can you bring in that’s better?

Morrison is one of the most talented players in this league. We’d struggle to find someone of his ability let alone with more consistency. 

If he plays like he played yesterday I agree. He hasn’t done it nearly enough. If he does from here on great. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If he plays like he played yesterday I agree. He hasn’t done it nearly enough. If he does from here on great. 

I can guarantee he won’t but that’s where you need others to step up when it’s not working for him. Regardless though he will create chances in all games.