The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

As I said, he may be creative but it’s not much use if he can’t convert. He needs to learn when to lay it off for others in position on occasion….

Just watched the highlights. They showed 8 attempts on goal from Morrison, one goal. There lies the reason he is in L1. 

10 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

That was Williamsons best game in a Falkirk shirt, we need to be more clinical in front of goal but today was a massive improvement of what we have seen so for this season, going forward apart from Nisbet and Hetherington I'm happy with that starting 11.

Don’t disagree & it could be we have potential replacements already in squad if Nisbett was replaced by Kai Kennedy & Hetherington by Liam Henderson 

There's many things I am not surprised to read on this thread but comparing Alegria to Ally McCoist is fucking wild.

And as a child of the 80s Ally McCoist wasn't criticised regularly at all. The Buns fans adored him. Because he scored 1,690 goals a season.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

6 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Watched the highlights and Williamson's lung-bursting run for his goal is superb - He was flying yesterday.

Definitely a contender for SPFL TOTW having topped his performance with that goal.

Does anybody know if a drug test was administered after the game? 🥳🚭

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Guest Ecosse83
3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just watched the highlights. They showed 8 attempts on goal from Morrison, one goal. There lies the reason he is in L1. 

Think he was a bit unlucky yesterday though, his shots can sometimes be rather powder puff which he needs to work on but yesterday was different in my opinion. Their goalie made some rather good saves! 

But I do agree if he converted more chances he wouldn’t be in League 1! 

Edited by Ecosse83

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Think he was a bit unlucky yesterday though, his shots can sometimes be rather powder puff which he needs to work on but yesterday was different in my opinion. Their goalie made some rather good saves! 

I am not saying he wasn’t decent yesterday but he now needs to do two things from here. 
1. much more consistently good

2. improve his goal/attempt ratio.

Playing like he did yesterday he is a huge asset. Let’s see more of it from here. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am not saying he wasn’t decent yesterday but he now needs to do two things from here. 
1. much more consistently good

2. improve his goal/attempt ratio.

Playing like he did yesterday he is a huge asset. Let’s see more of it from here. 

Yeah I know I wasn’t meaning it that way. His end product hasn’t been great at all but I did notice a difference yesterday in basically the speed of his shots, does that make sense? 😂 He is definitely guilty of trying to pass the ball into the net but yesterday had more zip about his efforts. 

Hopefully this is things starting to click for the new manager 🤞

12 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I thought Nesbitt was slightly better, but let’s be honest, he’s still nowhere near good enough. Hetherington is a passenger and does the same job as McGinn, just nowhere near as effectively.

Hetherington does the same job as McGinn? How have you come to this conclusion? Completely different types of player. Hetherington has been box to box, driving forward a lot while McGinn sits deep and dictates play. Hetherington gets a lot of stick and might not be our best player but his work rate and determination are clear to see. He was everywhere yesterday, covered near enough every blade of grass.

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Hetherington does the same job as McGinn? How have you come to this conclusion? Completely different types of player. Hetherington has been box to box, driving forward a lot while McGinn sits deep and dictates play. Hetherington gets a lot of stick and might not be our best player but his work rate and determination are clear to see. He was everywhere yesterday, covered near enough every blade of grass.

I watched Hetherington yesterday and your analysis of his game yesterday is quite frankly baffling. What I seen was a player who wants to look neat and tidy but does absolutely bugger all. He gets the ball and plays a wee 2 yard pass sideways. He gave away silly fouls quite a few times due to his poor positioning and failure to read the game. He is anonymous and quite frankly a waste of a jersey! 

I honestly think he is one of the worst midfielders we have ever had! 

Edited by Ecosse83

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I watched Hetherington yesterday and your analysis of his game yesterday is quite frankly baffling. What I seen was a player who wants to look neat and tidy but does absolutely bugger all. He gets the ball and plays a wee 2 yard pass sideways. He gave away silly fouls quite a few times due to his poor positioning and failure to read the game. He is anonymous and quite frankly a waste of a jersey! 

Baffled by my opinion that has has a high work rate and determination? None of your points contradict what I said. I honestly think that labelling him as one of the worst we’ve ever had is extremely harsh. Feel he’s one of our players who will be criticised no matter how well he plays.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Baffled by my opinion that has has a high work rate and determination? None of your points contradict what I said. I honestly think that labelling him as one of the worst we’ve ever had is extremely harsh. Feel he’s one of our players who will be criticised no matter how well he plays.

I actually don’t criticise the players that much and don’t tend to shout abuse during games if they aren’t playing well but high work rate and determination doesn’t make you a good player! I’ll respect your opinion though and leave it at that! 

Morrison should toe poke more of his efforts after yesterday's goal imo.

I don't think anyone actually claims Hetherington doesn't put any effort in, he's one of the most commited players in the team. He's just absolutely shite therefore other than clearly trying he offers absolutely nothing, constantly slows the game down when he's on the ball and constantly over commits(ironically) to tackles leading to him giving away a cheap foul or his opposing player skipping by him with ease.

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I actually don’t criticise the players that much and don’t tend to shout abuse during games if they aren’t playing well but high work rate and determination doesn’t make you a good player! I’ll respect your opinion though and leave it at that! 

I don’t recall ever saying he was good. I said he’s not one of our best players but he’s by no means our worst imo, and a lot seem to think he is which I think is a wee bit unfair, that’s all.

34 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Which box to which box? Last I saw there were only 2 boxes on a pitch neither of which Hetherington is very effective in or out of. 

19 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

I don’t recall ever saying he was good. I said he’s not one of our best players but he’s by no means our worst imo, and a lot seem to think he is which I think is a wee bit unfair, that’s all.

With all respect can you name me who’s actually worse in the first starting eleven? 

Decent result and performance but I'll echo what Shodwell said and say one swallow doesn't make a summer. It would be absolutely terrific if Williamson and Morrison could play like that every week but the reality is they won't. I still don't get why Nesbitt and Hetherington start I actually feared for us a bit when I saw the lineup yesterday, jury still very much out on Alegria too imo. . I certainly didn't see us winning 3-1. However onto next week another 3 points is a must. 

Alegria was OK yesterday for me but theres clearly an issue there with burying his chances. If we go away from home to better sides we might only get 1 chance. Would you back us to get crucial points in those scenarios.... Probably not.

Yesterday was good though. A determined performance from the whole team.

The thing that stands out though, purely because of the fact he has hardly played, is the difference made by Leon McCann. Some of us have said it for long enough.

First 2 goals even better than I thought at the time.

Highlights never showed horrendous challenge on Morrison before the red but I'm convinced the ref knew he should have sent the no 3 off and evened it up after with McCann. Lots of late, nasty stuff from them yesterday. Disappointing to see.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Don't know if I would go as far as worst midfielder we've ever had but he didn't have a good game yesterday. Montrose was the same. 

Apart from one pass through the channel for Williamson in the first half, I saw a player continually losing the ball and late to his opponent resulting in the opponent skipping away from him or him giving a foul away.