The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The problem is that whilst Morrison has some good qualities, he too often feels like a luxury player we cannot afford.
We had 15 efforts on target today but managed 3 goals. A fair few of those unconverted will be Morrison. He need to be much more clinical if he is going to continue to be selfish as he often was today…..

The keeper made some really good saves to be fair

The thing with Morrison in my opinion is when we play well Morrison has contributed to that performance. Take him out the team and we would create much less. If he was consistent every week he wouldn’t be playing in League 1. 

Edited by Ecosse83

I think Nesbitt played well out wider and didn't do too much wrong. 
Morrisons goal put the gloss on his performance but he still had a return of 1 from 10-12 shots he had on his own!
Hetherington could be replaced with any other and I doubt anyone would notice.

I’ve got a Maine Coon cat the could contribute more to our midfield……

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Anything giving even the faintest praise to the on loan Sevco player is being red dotted 😂 - I mean I totally get why we all hated Aird as he was a horrible, bigoted wee p***k but Alegria?? Come on !!

If Marshy doesn't give out his daily quota of red dots he can't sleep.

16 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I think Nesbitt played well out wider and didn't do too much wrong. 

Morrisons goal put the gloss on his performance but he still had a return of 1 from 10-12 shots he had on his own!

Hetherington could be replaced with any other and I doubt anyone would notice.

I thought Nesbitt was average today. Miles better than last week but doesn't say much.

Yes Morrison should have scored more today but it’s worth remembering that the majority of the chances he didn’t take were ones created by him. If he was out the team today we would have created far less than we did. 

I would be more annoyed if he was missing chances created by other players that someone else could take

Edited by Rocco

Guest Caractacus Potts
23 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The problem is that whilst Morrison has some good qualities, he too often feels like a luxury player we cannot afford.
We had 15 efforts on target today but managed 3 goals. A fair few of those unconverted will be Morrison. He need to be much more clinical if he is going to continue to be selfish as he often was today…..

Take Morrison out of the team though and we create far less chances. Nesbitt and McGuffie are miles off Morrisons ability to create chances for themselves or others. The only one we had close recently was Connolly who we should never have let go. 

Lers take a breath here. We've had season after season like today where we could comfortably beat the dross but very little else. Williamson and Morrison need to perform like that consistently not just once in a blue moon.  Three points but let's see how we fare next week.

Take Morrison out of the team though and we create far less chances. Nesbitt and McGuffie are miles off Morrisons ability to create chances for themselves or others. The only one we had close recently was Connolly who we should never have let go. 

As I said, he may be creative but it’s not much use if he can’t convert. He needs to learn when to lay it off for others in position on occasion….

Much more balanced looking with McCann at LB... thought Alegria had a lot of good hold up play but looked lost in front of goal... Morrison could easily have had a hat trick & needs to get the head up sometime...Williamson had an amazing game & showed what he's capable of...nesbitts corners are honking...how hard can it be to put height on a ball

Lots of harsh criticism for Alegria, give the guy a chance, comments like horseshit are ridiculous, do we never learn from some of the nonsense that was dished out to Dowds. Fair enough if other fans want to have that opinion  from their experiences but surely the least we can do is give him a bit time, the advice M&S got was he just needs a goal.... I've been at most game so far this season, we have scored a handful of goals and frankly hardly looked like scoring any more than that... today the lad was at least doing what any decent striker should be doing... getting into positions to get chances, probably more chances than we have had all season, if he keeps doing that then a goal will come... then we will see if he can kick on, and if not, then dish out the criticism.

I seem to remember  the criticism "Sally Mccoist" used to get at Rangers, he missed some howlers and probably missed 10 times more than he converted but his scoring record was still phenomenal because he was on the end of everything and looking for every scrap.

10 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

McGinn is a class act btw reads the game superbly.

Agreed! Even at his age deserves to be playing at a higher level with better players round him. Couldn't believe the comment from somebody earlier saying he was poor today?

2 hours ago, alonso said:

Agreed! Even at his age deserves to be playing at a higher level with better players round him. Couldn't believe the comment from somebody earlier saying he was poor today?

Played in all but 4 of Killies championship games last season and absolute great signing and a true leader.

Won’t be a great stat merchant but rarely gives the ball away.

Watch the highlights and see how Alegria was far better than people here suggest. The keeper did well and he was fouled which normally would get us a penalty if the referee wasn’t a contrarian. 

16 shots on target v 1against and some people on here still not happy. Ffs get some perspective. 

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Lers take a breath here. We've had season after season like today where we could comfortably beat the dross but very little else. Williamson and Morrison need to perform like that consistently not just once in a blue toon. Three points but let's see how we fare next week.

FTFY

Much improved performance, could have easily been double the score line, against a very poor side. I’ve slated Morrison and Williamson on previous posts, but hats off to each of them, maybe best 90 minutes from both. Shape looked better with McCann. Can’t argue with Algeria’s performance and thought he done ok against persistent intimidation. Great to leave with a smile, and a good Saturday night.
As earlier posted “ let’s take a breath” as hoping this isn’t Morrison & Williamson one in ten games they perform as we’ve seen across the past season or so.

Lastly the really pleasing and hard working performance still doesn’t hide the fact that Hetherington and Nisbett are not good enough.