The Falkirk FC Thread

Really happy with that today, not perfect but much much better than previous weeks. A few players clearly given the proverbial rocket up the arse over the last week, Morrison immediately springs to mind as does Williamson. The former actually seemed to be thinking when the ball was at his feet today as opposed to snatching at chances, hopefully something he can continue to build on next week.

I’d have liked to see Alegria finish the game today to be honest. A cracking save, slightly unlucky with the header and not entirely sure what happened with the first chance as I was sitting at the opposite end of the stadium. Not forgetting the penalty shout in the second half either.

Their keeper kept them in the game today but they are absolutely dreadful, relegation fodder. I’d went into this game expecting three points, same goes for the next two. Build a bit of momentum going into a tough September.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm with BPM, I think Alegria could be doing with a goal. Holds the ball in very well and his knock down to Morrison in the first half was one of many good bits of link up from him.

The fact he's getting into the right positions for the chances he's getting for me is a positive sign. He just needs to bang one in.

He had two one on ones with the goalie and was embarrassingly awful with both. What better chances is he likely to get? Nah, he's just not up to it. No strength or physicality in a challenge either.  Bin. 

6 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

He had two one on ones with the goalie and was embarrassingly awful with both. What better chances is he likely to get? Nah, he's just not up to it. No strength or physicality in a challenge either.  Bin. 

You've got to be kidding ae, he ragdolled their centre backs all day. 

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Williamson was fantastic today!

Yup and happily eating humble pie right now.  Clearly his best game for us. Looked a different player. Would love to claim reverse psychology with that one!  

But he needs to perform like that more often, he's shown today that he can be effective, positive, and assertive. Keep it going and I'll happily sing his praises. 

10 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Give him a chance. He’s a young laddie and a goal will do his confidence the world of good.

Played much better compared to last week. Morrison and Williamson easily the best players on the park, just need to see it on a consistent basis...

Nesbitt/Hetherington looked better, but still passengers compared to the rest. Alegria gets a rough time on here, but I find everything but his finishing ability and being in the right place quite good. Hard to tell if this will continue as Peterhead looked utter shite. Hopefully not down to the opposition and more down to us improving 

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Aye alright he was good today, still no my favourite though 😁👍

😂👏

Mich better today, hopefully that improves the confidence.

Have to say Hetherington really is a waste of a jersey though, the guy does hee haw! 

Guest Ecosse83

Surprised to read Alegria not being good enough, I thought he was decent today with some decent hold up play, something we lacked once he went off. Really hope he gets a goal soon though! 

Nesbitt and Hetherington still need to be replaced for me...

Good day at the office tho and today's performance from Morrison is why I never included him in with Hetherington and Nesbitt. You will get a decent outing from him like that from him, other two not so

I honestly think Alegria needs a couple of goals. He made some really good runs, had a couple of really intelligent knockdowns and held the ball up well. He should have done better in front of goal but I believe that’s a confidence thing

The problem is that whilst Morrison has some good qualities, he too often feels like a luxury player we cannot afford.
We had 15 efforts on target today but managed 3 goals. A fair few of those unconverted will be Morrison. He need to be much more clinical if he is going to continue to be selfish as he often was today…..

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Nesbitt and Hetherington still need to be replaced for me...

Good day at the office tho and today's performance from Morrison is why I never included him in with Hetherington and Nesbitt. You will get a decent outing from him like that from him, other two not so

I think Nesbitt played well out wider and didn't do too much wrong. 

Morrisons goal put the gloss on his performance but he still had a return of 1 from 10-12 shots he had on his own!

Hetherington could be replaced with any other and I doubt anyone would notice.

Just now, Rocco said:

I honestly think Alegria needs a couple of goals. He made some really good runs, had a couple of really intelligent knockdowns and held the ball up well. He should have done better in front of goal but I believe that’s a confidence thing

Stonewaller of a penalty too, was really unlucky with the header off the post. I do agree that he should have buried his first half chance but for me he's contributing a fair bit to the team and hopefully the goal will come soon.