The Falkirk FC Thread

The referee is absolutely atrocious. If Alegria had missed that chance Oliver did we’d never hear the end of it. He’s not as bad as some make out

He did some decent work in that first half. Just lacked composure.
Be interesting if got a goal and a bit of confidence…..

5 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

The referee is absolutely atrocious. If Alegria had missed that chance Oliver did we’d never hear the end of it. He’s not as bad as some make out

Agree on referee cannot agree on Alegria, still think we need better to start upfront every week.

Dundee United have a cracking young keeper on their hands that's for sure. Much better performance from us today, still detest Nesbitt & Hetherington but Morrison at least scored with his 400th shot of the season. 

Brilliant strikers goal from Oliver, keeping himself between the posts. 

Williamson with his best game in a Falkirk shirt for me and that goal was cracking. 

Edited by FFC 1876

Played some really good stuff and fine goals however we won’t have an easier game this season at least until we play this mob again.

Peterhead are a pub team, not even a good pub team in fact the type of garbage that give pub teams a bad name.

Their keeper prevented it being a rout.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Just liquidate us right now

Think I got a bit carried away there 😃

That was much better. A massive improvement on last week.

Much improved performance from us. Having said that, Peterhead look like a lowland league side at best.

Williamson outstanding for us, which was good to see as I do think some of the criticism of him has been over the top.

We will need to take more of our chances against the better sides as we won’t be gifted that many opportunities.

To that end, Alegria won’t do for me. I’d also start Lawal in place of Nesbitt. For me, we don’t need Mcginn and Hetherington in midfield for games like this either.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Enough chances to win 4 games. They are poor but got a draw at Clyde 🤷‍♂️
Williamson and Morrison decent. Algeria held it up pretty well today and brought others into the game. He could do with a goal. 
Scum winning late on a bit of a downer. 

Turned out to be a decent win in the end. Could and should’ve scored a lot more. Morrison and Williamson were our best players by a long way today.

I think the midfield shape is still wrong, too many sitting players and they don’t get about the park enough. Very strange for Lawal to only get a couple of minutes

it was a bit of an early Sheerin performance, looked alright in spells but lacking in ideas going forward

Williamson a completely different player today, not just his stunning goal.  Happy to eat humble pie!  Him and Morrison need to reproduce that though, having shown they have it in them,  and do it against better teams than Peterheed ( ie everyone else in the league). 

Bampot referee, or maybe high on drugs; the foul given against McCann was utterly mind-boggling. 

Alegria is utter horseshit. Pathetic in front of goal, and minter South American theatrics. Get him tae feck back to the Govan tax cheats and give auld Jean his jersey. 

3 hours ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

I am getting really close to hoping Williamson gets injured - nothing serious; hamstring, broken nail - and Hetherington gets lost on his way to the stadium, as the only hope we have of McGlynn not continually picking these utter wasters.   

Williamson was fantastic today!

10 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Williamson a completely different player today, not just his stunning goal.  Happy to eat humble pie!  Him and Morrison need to reproduce that though, having shown they have it in them,  and do it against better teams than Peterheed ( ie everyone else in the league). 

Bampot referee, or maybe high on drugs; the foul given against McCann was utterly mind-boggling. 

Alegria is utter horseshit. Pathetic in front of goal, and minter South American theatrics. Get him tae feck back to the Govan tax cheats and give auld Jean his jersey. 

My understanding - and I’m not 100% sure on this is that the parent club, in this case Rangers, has to decide whether to terminate the loan deal early or not. The only way we could probably trigger this would be if Alegria got injured or McGlynn didn’t want him as part of his plans at all and he’d get no game time. Having Kai Kennedy on loan probably further complicates things.

10 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

I'm with BPM, I think Alegria could be doing with a goal. Holds the ball in very well and his knock down to Morrison in the first half was one of many good bits of link up from him.

The fact he's getting into the right positions for the chances he's getting for me is a positive sign. He just needs to bang one in.

Thought that was much better today..but hard to overstate how bad Peterhead are.

Came at a really good point in the season as had we lost heavily to a decent team again confidence would have been totally shot.

Well done team and McGlynn..can only beat what's in front of you and this was a credible performance. Onwards and upwards..huge game next weekend now to see if this is something we can build on or just beating up on a Junior side.