The Falkirk FC Thread

Might be in a minority of 1 like but despite how god awful he was last season actually think Hetherington has been absolutely fine this season. Even last week against Airdrie his performance was far, far better than McGinn, Nesbitt and Morrison.

Not disputing we would like better but if we’re talking about dropping players on the back of last week he’d be well done the pecking order for me.

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Might be in a minority of 1 like but despite how god awful he was last season actually think Hetherington has been absolutely fine this season. Even last week against Airdrie his performance was far, far better than McGinn, Nesbitt and Morrison.

Not disputing we would like better but if we’re talking about dropping players on the back of last week he’d be well done the pecking order for me.

Really disagree with the Airdrie shout. Was the worst player on the park imo. The amount of time he was left chasing shadows was a joke. Absolute passenger

Out of the 3 of Nesbitt, McGuffie and Morrison, Morrison is the one I would drop first. He’s probably/maybe a really nice lad but I just cannot take to him, he annoys me. It’s as if he couldn’t give a f**k when he misses his numerous chances. I just don’t feel he gives his all for the team and is all about himself.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:
Really disagree with the Airdrie shout. Was the worst player on the park imo. The amount of time he was left chasing shadows was a joke. Absolute passenger

Him in the second half was everything that went wrong for us.

Not sure if it was down to a lack of dig or ability. Probably a good mix of both

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Out of the 3 of Nesbitt, McGuffie and Morrison, Morrison is the one I would drop first. He’s probably/maybe a really nice lad but I just cannot take to him, he annoys me. It’s as if he couldn’t give a f**k when he misses his numerous chances. I just don’t feel he gives his all for the team and is all about himself.

You can make a compelling case for any one of those plus Hetherington as the biggest issue for the team. Probably McGuffie is the closest to a pass, but ultimately, way too much passes him by, and he hands over easy possession too often by not getting to or committing to the tackle. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You can make a compelling case for any one of those plus Hetherington as the biggest issue for the team. Probably McGuffie is the closest to a pass, but ultimately, way too much passes him by, and he hands over easy possession too often by not getting to or committing to the tackle. 

Basically, if you include the McGuffie, Hetherington, Morrison and Nesbitt, add to that unproven attackers and an new goalkeeper that we’ve never seen it really doesn’t sound great does it.

Unless there's been further injuries that we don't know about there's no reason for any of the 4 of them being played today. Let Williamson be the only weak link FFS!

However if, of course, the 2 new guys have been proven to be shite in training we may need to play some of them and then we really will be in trouble!

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Basically, if you include the McGuffie, Hetherington, Morrison and Nesbitt, add to that unproven attackers and an new goalkeeper that we’ve never seen it really doesn’t sound great does it.

Plus 27 crocked central defenders to cheer us all up.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Unless there's been further injuries that we don't know about there's no reason for any of the 4 of them being played today. Let Williamson be the only weak link FFS!

However if, of course, the 2 new guys have been proven to be shite in training we may need to play some of them and then we really will be in trouble!

I’m hoping at least 3 are dropped. I think McGuffie will start.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m hoping at least 3 are dropped. I think McGuffie will start.

Aye, I fucked that up actually. Unless we play Ross, which I wouldn't be against (might as well give him a chance to prove he's shite) then we will have to play one of them. Mcguffie would be my choice of the 4.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I fucked that up actually. Unless we play Ross, which I wouldn't be against (might as well give him a chance to prove he's shite) then we will have to play one of them. Mcguffie would be my choice of the 4.

I don't think McGlynn has McGuffie in his plans. He's had decent moments and been dropped as he had under Rennie.

I had the fear Hetherington would start as it's obvious McGlynn likes two players in a sitting role, surely not needed at home