The Falkirk FC Thread

Is it back down to just the 4 loans this season or is it still 6 you can make?
We need another midfielder, I can't watch any more of Hetherington

I think it’s still at 6. Though cross border loans don’t count towards that number.

I have no idea what we're paying for Hogarth, but at the time we recruited the likes of Mark Waddington and Aaron Jarvis it cost more to put them up in accommodation than it did to pay them.
English clubs were happy to loan them out for pennies as long as they they were being pushed harder than they would have been in English youth leagues. 

Pennies is still far more than we should’ve been paying either of they rancid players tbh.

Softball FTV questions I don’t mind, but outright lies to make the start look better are an affront to fans. Questions such as “shock results everywhere”, “everyone can beat everyone”. Airdrie 6/6, Dunfermline 6/6 (off the back of Airdrie not losing in about 20 games towards the end of last season). Come on now 

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Is it back down to just the 4 loans this season or is it still 6 you can make?

We need another midfielder, I can't watch any more of Hetherington

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think it is 6 not sure though 

It's 5. Which is also what it was last season. Was 4 pre-Covid and up to 6 in 20/21 coming back, dropped back to 5 last season.

58 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Half Genius GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Tbh Mcglynn has been at the club for 2 months and the only player who’s left is a third choice goalkeeper.

I highly doubt we’re all of a sudden going to see lots being punted now, especially when a lot of the players most would agree need to go have started every week.

Whether he has tried to move on guys like Nesbitt and Hetherington without success or wants to keep them, I have no idea. 

Edited by PedroMoutinho

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh Mcglynn has been at the club for 2 months and the only player who’s left is a third choice goalkeeper.

I highly doubt we’re all of a sudden going to see lots being punted now, especially when a lot of the players most would agree need to go have started every week.

Whether he has tried to move on guys like Nesbitt and Hetherington without success or wants to keep them, I have no idea. 

You cannot force players to leave,let's face it would you leave a full-time job unless you have another job to go to?

31 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

No Scottish cup replays I see this season which is a bit of a disappointment. I'm surprised enough clubs backed that to be honest it can make them a fair few Bob.

Wasn’t the announcement for that about the qualifying rounds only? 

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

My excitement for today's game is dependant on not seeing Hetherington or Nesbitt in that starting line up.

If McGlynn starts with those two, Morrison and McGuffie all in starting 11 again AND we don't win.....he could be in for a tough afternoon. 

25 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

My excitement for today's game is dependant on not seeing Hetherington or Nesbitt in that starting line up.

Nesbitt I can tolerate IF he's moved wide but not centrally. Hetherington should be sat firmly in the main stand enjoying the game with a pie.

21 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Nesbitt I can tolerate IF he's moved wide but not centrally. Hetherington should be sat firmly in the main stand enjoying the game with a pie.

Nesbitt would be the last of the five I would play. Had so many chances and just doesn’t deliver 

28 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

He's the slowest, weakest and least effective of the 3 who started in behind Alegria last week for me. 

I’m sure the manager is having to pick players he wouldn’t ideally want in his starting 11 but is hamstrung by previous poor recruitment and a lack of funds.

Unless we suddenly find a rich benefactor or another manager has a rush of blood to the head and signs any of them then we better get used to seeing the players discussed in our team for the foreseeable.

ps. The lack of funds comment isn’t a dig at the board before anyone gets their knickers in a twist.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn