The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

McGlynn has just said that in his interview. I am happy enough he had been proactive. We just couldn’t suffer Martin for any length of time. If Hogarth is decent it takes the pressure off rushing PJ back too 

He didn’t make it very clear. How long is PJ out for? 

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

McGlynn has just said that in his interview. I am happy enough he had been proactive. We just couldn’t suffer Martin for any length of time. If Hogarth is decent it takes the pressure off rushing PJ back too 

Depends on how much we're paying for Hogarth. If it's a freebie then might as well rush it through. If we're paying out and can't afford a midfielder as a result, then it may have been more prudent to hold off for a couple of days and soldier on with Martin for a few games if it's less bad of an injury than initially feared.

13 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

He didn’t make it very clear. How long is PJ out for? 

In his YouTube video he did IMO. No idea but it sounds not nearly as long as they thought it was going to be. 

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Depends on how much we're paying for Hogarth. If it's a freebie then might as well rush it through. If we're paying out and can't afford a midfielder as a result, then it may have been more prudent to hold off for a couple of days and soldier on with Martin for a few games if it's less bad of an injury than initially feared.

I am glad we didn’t. He was shocking last season IMO. 
For me we need to start to get shot of a few so we can bring in better. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Is it back down to just the 4 loans this season or is it still 6 you can make?

We need another midfielder, I can't watch any more of Hetherington

I think it is 6 not sure though 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I thought that was a bit strange, so I asked the two media officers when I was in earlier for Hogarth. They very rarely block anyone and checked when I was there. Three people have been blocked in the last three years. Two were trolls from who supported Dunfermline & Aberdeen and the third was a Falkirk fan who said that Paul Sheerin should be hanged. 

6 hours ago, AdamAnt said:

The new(ish) admin of the Twitter account has also been blocking some Falkirk fans who dare to offer criticism in the replies to tweets. 

As far as I'm aware neither of the Media Officers are new either and have been in the position for the past 2/3 years.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I thought that was a bit strange, so I asked the two media officers when I was in earlier for Hogarth. They very rarely block anyone and checked when I was there. Three people have been blocked in the last three years. Two were trolls from who supported Dunfermline & Aberdeen and the third was a Falkirk fan who said that Paul Sheerin should be hanged. 

Thanks. I should have caveated that with if it was true, of course. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

In his YouTube video he did IMO. No idea but it sounds not nearly as long as they thought it was going to be. 

Hadn’t watched it till now. 

Bit of an odd one. Good luck to Nicky but could we not have made an emergency loan till we discovered how long PJ was out for!? Presuming we’re paying some money towards his wages then might have been better saving for elsewhere. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am glad we didn’t. He was shocking last season IMO. 
For me we need to start to get shot of a few so we can bring in better. 

You won't get any argument from me that 1) I don't think Martin is a good enough keeper for us and 2) we should be turning over the squad where we can.

My whole point for this Hogarth deal is that there are 2 key factors in whether it's a good idea or not. Those are how much the loan is costing us, and how long Morrison is out for.

For example, if the choice is Martin for eg 4 games before PJ is back and a new midfielder for 4 months, or Hogarth starting for 4 games before PJ is back and Hetherington for 4 months then I think it's a net negative. If it's Hogarth for next to nothing plus a new midfielder still being a possibility then it's a positive signing.

Edited by Marshmallo

28 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

As far as I'm aware neither of the Media Officers are new either and have been in the position for the past 2/3 years.

They're been covering the role between them since Connor Park left in September 2020 and were in place as his volunteer assistants for a couple of years before that. They've been at the club for somewhere between three and five years. 

26 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Presuming we’re paying some money towards his wages then might have been better saving for elsewhere. 

I have no idea what we're paying for Hogarth, but at the time we recruited the likes of Mark Waddington and Aaron Jarvis it cost more to put them up in accommodation than it did to pay them.

English clubs were happy to loan them out for pennies as long as they they were being pushed harder than they would have been in English youth leagues. 

Enjoying a barmy night with some nice drinks, and some great friends who’ve travelled from the granite city for a couple of nights in west end. Guys that are true Falkirk supporters and although now settled in Aberdeen, try and take in most home games. Menu is fairly simple, full Scottish around nine, tube and then train to hometown, a few scoops and then the match…………would like to go home for once with a smile……..

Guest Caractacus Potts
57 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I have no idea what we're paying for Hogarth, but at the time we recruited the likes of Mark Waddington and Aaron Jarvis it cost more to put them up in accommodation than it did to pay them.

English clubs were happy to loan them out for pennies as long as they they were being pushed harder than they would have been in English youth leagues. 

Not dismissing your information but how do you know that about Waddington and Jarvis? Was it made public!? 

Hopefully if Hogarth still has relatives that live local then the club won’t have to put him up anywhere. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

17 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not dismissing your information but how do you know that about Waddington and Jarvis? Was it made public!? 

Hopefully if Hogarth still has relatives that live local then the club won’t have to put him up anywhere. 

I think the accommodation things was common knowledge among a lot of fans. I believe the club made payments to a company owned by Lex Miller for accommodation. It was in the accounts a year or 2 ago.

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I think the accommodation things was common knowledge among a lot of fans. I believe the club made payments to a company owned by Lex Miller for accommodation. It was in the accounts a year or 2 ago.

Did they mention their wages too?

26 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Conversations with club staff around that time. In those days I was in almost every day due to the Commercial jobs that KK seemed to arrange for at least five days a week, and when you're sitting with players in a car heading out to a photoshoot you pick up bits and pieces. 

I obviously couldn't have mentioned it at the time but it's ancient history now.