The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, el Gringo said:

Playing devil's advocate (and my club social media mafia card), that tweet is definitely meant to be a humorous spin on the Marc Cucurella Brighton/Chelsea/Fabrizio Romano tizzy last week.

The Falkirk twitter admin should just stick to his strengths in that case because being funny clearly is not one of them.

6 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Love it when fans question quality of third choice keeper at English PL club 🙈

Seem to recall that coming to us in loan only served to help the careers of a certain Tim Krul & that young laddie from Manchester by name of Kasper Scmeichal 

Be great for young Nicky if he was able to use this loan as a springboard for his career

Now some young Arsenal loanees aka O’Donnell, Gregg & Stokes wouldn’t go amiss 

McGlynn may prefer Martin starting tomorrow as Hogarth won't have had a great deal of training with us, tho on paper Peterhead at home is probably a good game for him to start.

As for third choice, he is well below that in the pecking order at forest, Christ a Scottish 3rd division team ain't getting that level of player on loan without blackmail or masses of cash.

22 minutes ago, Russ said:

If Hogarth starts as expected tomorrow then who’s going to be playing the part of Camille Oponga?

Or Davie Sinclair, I was told Myles had him up against the wall in the changing rooms, claimed that he would deliberately put backspin on the ball with pass backs to Myles

Or Davie Sinclair, I was told Myles had him up against the wall in the changing rooms, claimed that he would deliberately put backspin on the ball with pass backs to Myles
I'm having a difficult time imaging anyone in that dressing room having Davie Sinclair against the wall.

34 minutes ago, MrDust said:

McGlynn may prefer Martin starting tomorrow as Hogarth won't have had a great deal of training with us, tho on paper Peterhead at home is probably a good game for him to start.

As for third choice, he is well below that in the pecking order at forest, Christ a Scottish 3rd division team ain't getting that level of player on loan without blackmail or masses of cash.

Myles had Sinclair up against the wall ? I find that hard to believe. I worked with a couple of Sinky’s mates years ago and he said the only 2 people in Scottish football he wouldn’t take on were Yogi and Shaun Dennis.

49 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Nah, I'm not believing that for a second. Sinclair having Hogarth against the wall definitely but not the other way around

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Myles had Sinclair up against the wall ? I find that hard to believe. I worked with a couple of Sinky’s mates years ago and he said the only 2 people in Scottish football he wouldn’t take on were Yogi and Shaun Dennis.

I found it hard to believe back then but it came from Myles brother.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I can’t imagine Sinclair knew how to deliberately put backspin on a ball tbh

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

Don't mind them blocking people if it's outright abusive/personal but blocking your own fans for criticism is pathetic.

I thought that was a bit strange, so I asked the two media officers when I was in earlier for Hogarth. They very rarely block anyone and checked when I was there. Three people have been blocked in the last three years. Two were trolls from who supported Dunfermline & Aberdeen and the third was a Falkirk fan who said that Paul Sheerin should be hanged. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I thought that was a bit strange, so I asked the two media officers when I was in earlier for Hogarth. They very rarely block anyone and checked when I was there. Three people have been blocked in the last three years. Two were trolls from who supported Dunfermline & Aberdeen and the third was a Falkirk fan who said that Paul Sheerin should be hanged. 

Sounds about right to be honest as I’d expect anyone who was blocked to state it publicly as is the norm on Twitter however couldn’t see any evidence of it. 

6 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

Am I the only one that reads the Hogarth announcement as the deal was done and then they found out pj isn't that badly injured.  Might be reading too much into the 3 keepers comment.

He wouldn't have said it's a real blow to lose pj if his injury wasn't that bad I would think.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He wouldn't have said it's a real blow to lose pj if his injury wasn't that bad I would think.

He actually says it looked bad which maybe suggests it’s not as bad as first thought!?

Think MetalWolf has a point when reading it back. It’s a strange way to put things if PJ is indeed out for a long time. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

38 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If that’s the case then good. Merely going by a comment from a well kent Falkirk fan on Facebook who claimed he’d been blocked for “mild criticism”. Quite right to block the Falkirk fan for a horrible post like that. It’s a bloody game, no need for stuff like that .

36 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

Am I the only one that reads the Hogarth announcement as the deal was done and then they found out pj isn't that badly injured.  Might be reading too much into the 3 keepers comment.

McGlynn has just said that in his interview. I am happy enough he had been proactive. We just couldn’t suffer Martin for any length of time. If Hogarth is decent it takes the pressure off rushing PJ back too